PDA

View Full Version : Android to Linux

TurboPirate
06-18-2017, 12:55 AM
Hello gang, can I load Linux on an Android TV Box? I have seen IPTV box with Linux and same box with Android, got curious and wondering if I can load Linux software, I guess I need the hardware specs to see if there is a Linux software for that hardware, right now I have 2 IPTV Boxes I can test with......1 is MXQ with Amlogic 805 Android 4.4 and a T95X with Amlogic 905X 64 bit Android 6.0.
Thanks in advance IPTVKID

johnnylarue
06-18-2017, 01:09 AM
Hello gang, can I load Linux on an Android TV Box? I have seen IPTV box with Linux and same box with Android, got curious and wondering if I can load Linux software, I guess I need the hardware specs to see if there is a Linux software for that hardware, right now I have 2 IPTV Boxes I can test with......1 is MXQ with Amlogic 805 Android 4.4 and a T95X with Amlogic 905X 64 bit Android 6.0.
Thanks in advance IPTVKID

I think you can run libreelec or openelec using an sd card or USB, on a wetek play 2.

TurboPirate
06-18-2017, 03:11 AM
I think you can run libreelec or openelec using an sd card or USB, on a wetek play 2.
That is what I read on Google, but it looks like Linux runs aside the Android SoftWare, I can try that but I prefer to do a complete installation. Thanks

c8rbk1ng
06-18-2017, 04:29 AM
Do a Google search to see if there is any system software that you can install and a program that will install it. I recovered a rooted bricked FireTv Box using AdbLink and system software I found on the internet.

TurboPirate
06-18-2017, 06:11 AM
Do a Google search to see if there is any system software that you can install and a program that will install it. I recovered a rooted bricked FireTv Box using AdbLink and system software I found on the internet.

I did Google and found info on that recovery also that SoftWare you used it can make a dump of the software the box came with.
There is info on Amlogic releasing Amlogic Linux 3.4