PDA

View Full Version : Kodi - Stalker addon

jedi
10-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Is there a working Stalker addon for Kodi? I read a lot of reports that the old Stalker addons are no longer working with Private IPTV servers.

I am trying to use SETvnow on an Avov box - but not having much luck. I can get some of the On Demand stuff to play - but I only get the guide on the Live TV and no picture or sound on any channels.
SETvnow only supports MAG254/256 receivers and Avov's software shows it as a MAG250. I tried Avov's WEB onTV emulator available from the Mickey Hop addons but it shows as a MAG 260.

I am looking for a Stalker emulator addon that will mimic a MAG 254 receiver to see if that will work.

Edit: I just noticed I posted this in the XBMC guide section - maybe someone can move it to the Kodi discussion - sorry.....

Mr Hanky
10-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Set tv has its own apk for android and doesn't matter what stb you put it on it doesn't have any of the stalker appearance features. I believe its previously mach tv and looks like the mickey hop apk. first designed for a roku box.

jedi
10-09-2017, 02:21 AM
Set tv has its own apk for android and doesn't matter what stb you put it on it doesn't have any of the stalker appearance features. I believe its previously mach tv and looks like the mickey hop apk. first designed for a roku box.

Thanks Mr Hanky
I have tried SETvnow on different Android boxes and it works good - and I have it working on a MAG 254 but would like to get it going on an Avov.
I think the Avov manufacturers sort of pirated Informir's Stalker software and function much like a MAG box. I think the Stalker emulator pro available from the Play Store would work - but as far as I know you can't side load anything on an Avov.

SETvnow only supports the MAG 254/256s so far - so they may only need a minor tweak to make it work on the Avov receivers that emulate the MAG 250 and 260s. If I can watch the On Demand content from SETvnow on an Avov - it shouldn't be much of a reach to watch Live TV should it????

dishuser
10-09-2017, 02:29 AM
Thanks Mr Hanky
I have tried SETvnow on different Android boxes and it works good - and I have it working on a MAG 254 but would like to get it going on an Avov.
I think the Avov manufacturers sort of pirated Informir's Stalker software and function much like a MAG box. I think the Stalker emulator pro available from the Play Store would work - but as far as I know you can't side load anything on an Avov.

SETvnow only supports the MAG 254/256s so far - so they may only need a minor tweak to make it work on the Avov receivers that emulate the MAG 250 and 260s. If I can watch the On Demand content from SETvnow on an Avov - it shouldn't be much of a reach to watch Live TV should it????
load the apk from their site
once loaded it will be in apps

jedi
10-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Thanks DU - but as far as I know there is no way to download and install an app on these Avov boxes - you have to go to the Mickey Hop Market (like a Play Store but very limited in the apps they have available) and download any app you want to use. I wish Avov would have included the ability to sideload apps.

Mickey Hop has a WEB onTV app that is a Stalker emulator - but it emulates a MAG 260 - I can watch some of the On Demand content on SETvnow with that emulator - but none of the Live TV. I can see the guide and EPG but no picture or sound on any channel.

I have Kodi 16.1 downloaded and installed from their market - so I think my only hope is a Stalker emulator addon for Kodi that will mimic a MAG 254 or 256.

jedi
10-09-2017, 04:56 PM
I saw an old post by flooder at TVAdons - he used Kodi's App Installer to load an APK to Kodi. I opened Kodi 16.1 on the Avov box - went to Programs and tried to install the Addon Installer - but it wouldn't install. I think it was from TVAddons and was taken down after their raid.

Someone also mentioned in that thread that you can create a skin link to any app you want in Kodi and just use Kodi to run the app. I haven't found a way to do that yet.

Mr Hanky
10-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Mag 250 is the stalker software even if you have a 254 on emulator. I really dont think there is any difference....but the 260 is android.

jedi
10-10-2017, 03:30 AM
Mag 250 is the stalker software even if you have a 254 on emulator. I really dont think there is any difference....but the 260 is android.

If you look at the connection on an IPTV private server a MAG 254 shows as a MAG 254 connection - but an Avov will show as a MAG 250 and it adds "040" in front of the Serial number. If you use the WEBonTV addon from Mickey Hop on an Avov receiver it shows as a MAG 260.