PDA

View Full Version : What is up with all the telemarketing calls?

runamok
06-06-2018, 11:56 PM
What good is a national do not call list if it is not enforced?I have update my house number twice and still get 5 to 10 call a day from east coast to west coast.Some numbers are spoofed to show local numbers and when you call back any of the numbers you get a message saying number is no good or has been changed.I answered one and was asked my name and I said GOD and if you call this number again I will wipe you form existence.Is there no end?

jazzman
06-07-2018, 12:10 AM
Same here, both my numbers are on the do not call list yet I got 5 robo calls calls today about reducing my student loan debt! This is getting rediculous but like you say, when you call the number back they tell you the number is invalid or no longer in service. No way to report them. This is really getting annoying but what can one do I wonder...it is really starting to P*ss me off. Anyone one with an answer please chime in...thanks. And the problem with robo calls is you can't even tell them to go F themselves cause no one is there. Good post runamok.

zelig
06-07-2018, 12:53 AM
some even get through to my answering machine (landline)

Gabacho
06-07-2018, 01:17 AM
I made an Excel list of numbers that I will accept and if they aren't of the list I let it go to voice mail. Usually they will stop after some time but I agree, it is terribly irritating.

steveOtoo
06-07-2018, 02:06 AM
I go ahead and answer the call by saying the number you have reached is no longer in service.............

Terryl
06-07-2018, 11:06 AM
If I don't recognize the number I answer "National Security Agency, how may I direct your call?", they all stopped after a few weeks.

You can also use this one, "(insert your county's name here) District Attorneys Office, how may I help you?"

You can get creative by using one of these Hummers, answer the phone and say "please hold" and come back later to hang up.

https://www.amazon.com/Grace-Digital-Message-Player-GDI-USBM10/dp/B005VDUBS2

And the "National Do Not Call List" is for US based telemarketers only, most of the robo calls are coming in via VoIP with fake numbers from outside the states, these cant be tracked or blocked by the FCC.

swan
06-07-2018, 11:10 AM
I got a good call blocker app and just keep adding numbers under dickhead

fn59
06-07-2018, 11:25 AM
What good is a national do call list if it is not enforced?I have update my house number twice and still get 5 to 10 call a day from east coast to west coast.Some numbers are spoofed to show local numbers and when you call back any of the numbers you get a message saying number is no good or has been changed.I answered one and was asked my name and I said GOD and if you call this number again I will wipe you form existence.Is there no end?

You should have registered with the do not call list.
Just kidding. When a telemarketer uses those spoofed numbers, try to get the company info and report them. Sometimes I'll try to string them along and waste as much of their time time as I can.

TLG
06-07-2018, 07:33 PM
The one that annoys me the most is the Google call

It's a recorded message telling me my Business isn't properly being displayed on Google Maps
and that I need to press 2 on my phone......... which links me up to some "live" sales A-hole, who tries
to get me to pay him to fix the Business address and name on Google maps --- which is a total scam, he
isn't even from Google -- he's just some scammer racking it in from the unsuspecting

kenkell1
06-07-2018, 08:28 PM
I answer the calls and while having a beer I will wastes so much time of theirs they hang up the phone lol.....

Putski
06-07-2018, 10:13 PM
you can try this keep pushing the # key
my brother in-law is a police Sargent and that is what he told us to do..
as they think you are hacking into there call system and ejects ur number

give it a shot it cant hurt.

Yeah we stopped that crap as we just had the house phone shut off...

dishuser
06-08-2018, 01:11 AM
I just pull a Seinfeld

Ric
06-08-2018, 05:35 PM
deers system was breached about less then 1% of vets info got out .... mine was one ...... asking if i need pain killers .... anything you name it ...

& of course the curse ship scam ......... rich uncle that needs my address ...... i tunes cards ...... i've seen them all ........