PDA

View Full Version : Buzz basic can't see 5 GHz network?

Aggy
01-07-2019, 11:13 AM
Hey all.

I meant to ask this but is there a setting or bug in the buzz basic that prevents/allows the buzz to see the 5Ghz network? I've seen it on all the buzz basics so far the inability see that network on my home network. I tell my customers to go hardwired but I've had a couple people over the weekend that have to use wifi tell me they can see the 5 GHz network as well. 2.4 Ghz is better for distance anyways and you don't need fast speeds for IPTV so it's not a bid deal not being able to see the other network.

Someone had told me it had something to do with router settings and the inability of the buzz to work on specific channels that prevents the 5 Ghz from being seen. But is there anyone else with this issue or is it a known issue? Any fixes either on the buzz or router side? Thanks for any info.

astaza
01-07-2019, 02:58 PM
the same for me my buzx basic can not detect 5ghz.

herk
01-07-2019, 03:05 PM
Its not 5 g

Aggy
01-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Its not 5 g

You know what, you're right. Product descriptions on amazon and such say dual band, however, I just checked all the cardboard packaging of the buzz basic and it only states 2.4 ghz.

dishuser
01-07-2019, 06:08 PM
You know what, you're right. Product descriptions on amazon and such say dual band, however, I just checked all the cardboard packaging of the buzz basic and it only states 2.4 ghz.

https://www.satfix.to/showthread.php?205083-xpl-3000-BASIC-specs