PDA

View Full Version : amc 4, what do i need?

killerjay
04-15-2010, 03:32 AM
hi, i live in hamilton, ontario..... i currently have both a nf phoenix and a coolsat 4000, and also have 2 standard dishnet sat dishes, and i am thinkin about moving my dish towards amc 4 to pick up RTPi for the folks, and i was wondering, would i be able to do so with the equipment ive been using to pick up 110w? or do i have to get a special lnb and bigger dish?

sneerboy
04-15-2010, 03:51 AM
While I don't see that channel in my list here in SK, you will likely need a larger dish and a linear lnb for AMC4.

A 24" SC dish might work with the SC lnb, if not a 30". You'll need to skew the lnb too.

Try lyngsatmaps.com to see dish sizes for steeltown.
Check lyngsat.com to check that channel is linear.

cheers, sneers

Mavrick
04-15-2010, 04:02 AM
RTP Internacional América, 12033 H, tp 16.

Charts show you would need at least a 100cm dish but I would go bigger just to be safe.

catthepatch
04-15-2010, 01:03 PM
The rumour mill is saying that 101 AMC 4 is going off and history and biography will be moving to 97°W. So as for rtpi, who knows where they will go?

killerjay
04-15-2010, 05:09 PM
The rumour mill is saying that 101 AMC 4 is going off and history and biography will be moving to 97°W. So as for rtpi, who knows where they will go?

ah man! that sounds lame....... and i was also hoping that i wouldnt have to use a 1m dish, those things look so ugly and huge imo

TurboPirate
04-15-2010, 05:51 PM
ah man! that sounds lame....... and i was also hoping that i wouldnt have to use a 1m dish, those things look so ugly and huge imo

I recommend you to try with the small dish you mention, enjoy the his y bio wile is there and then re aim to 97 wish is stronger in signal and can enjoy the same channels from 101west, there is always news and great members from this site that will announce where the channels went and sometimes they post where they will move before the channels move from the sat, good luck and happy testing.................................

Costactc
04-15-2010, 07:23 PM
I have to agree with Turbo, get yourself a linear lnb and give the dish you have now a try before you go out and buy a dish you eon't need. By the way, the Portuguese channel is one of the strongest tp I pick up at Amc4.