PDA

View Full Version : Important for firestick users

Angel Eyes
01-21-2019, 01:40 PM
IMPORTANT FOR FIRESTICK USERS

AMAZON MAY BE ATTEMPTING TO BLOCK ANY INSTALLS OF APPS THAT ARE NOT FROM THERE STORE OR APPS THAT MAY BE USED FOR TV ETC.
THIS IS THE SAME FOR PAID SERVICES AND FREE APPS

SUPPOSED TO BE FOR THE NEW 4K FIRESTICK BUT JUST TO MAKE SURE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW

It is RUMORED that the Mighty Amazon are blocking downloads on the latest 4K version of the Firestick ! This includes any player, perfect player etc or smart ipeeeteeeveee and others as well as as k#di too

So to protect your stick from the next Amazon update it is suggested

You turn off the Data collection and app usage data in the settings under preferences and security . Would also recommend turning off auto updates .

TO PROTECT OLDER STICK SEE BELOW, ALSO ADVISED TO FOLLOW ON 4K AS WELL

Settings/Preferences/privacy settings

Device Usage Data TURN OFF
Collect App Usage Data TURN OFF

Settings/Preferences/Data Monitoring TURN OFF

Settings/My Fire TV/Developer Options

ADB Debugging TURN OFF

Settings/Applications/Appstore

Automatic Updates TURN OFF

STATEMENT FROM TWITTER

“Strong rumour on twitter this is going to happen between 23 and 28th when amazon is pushing new update for 4k firesticks if it turns out it
Just in case rumours are true.....

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-block-software-updates-on-the-amazon-fire-tv-or-fire-tv-stick/?fbclid=IwAR2Z88WlUOspmn9TVLY1rWD2eyB1crR_58Kd22Y2 8SdZm-eeoDE6B8gM170

just turned everything off....

whooper16
04-23-2019, 05:39 PM
Is this still the case with turning everything off .will files still work ok on firestick 4k

jeffg1
04-30-2019, 03:21 PM
Is this still the case with turning everything off .will files still work ok on firestick 4k

currently using firestick 4k, no such issues, automatic update still on, and I have installed stbemu, zero issues.

whooper16
05-01-2019, 12:33 AM
Ya thanks I know now.
Only thing is if u dont have unlimited u really have to watch how much u use cuz it racks up pretty fast