PDA

View Full Version : Halak to start opener for Canadiens

KIDWCKED
04-15-2010, 08:22 PM
c/p from espn
Associated Press

ARLINGTON, Va. -- Washington Capitals goaltender Jose Theodore was set to start in Game 1 against the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday night despite getting hit in the knee by a puck in practice.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

The Canadiens' reward for making the playoffs? Alex Ovechkin and the No. 1 overall seed Washington Capitals.

Theodore was in good spirits and said his knee was fine after taking part in Thursday's morning skate before the evening's playoff opener. He left practice early Wednesday after getting struck by a shot from Dave Steckel.

Capitals center Nicklas Backstrom also will be able to play Thursday despite an illness that kept him in bed for much of two days. He sniffled while talking to reporters and said he would take a nap before the game.

"I know Nicky's going to play and Theo's going to play," Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau said.

After the Canadiens took their morning skate, coach Jacques Martin confirmed that, as expected, goaltender Jaroslav Halak would start Game 1 over Carey Price.

Price played in all four regular-season games between Montreal and Washington, with Halak not seeing action in any, but Martin said that wouldn't favor either team Thursday.

"I don't think that's a factor," Martin said. "I believe in both our goaltenders, and it just fell that way, that Carey played all four games against this hockey team. Jaro, in the end, played really well for our team."

Costactc
04-15-2010, 08:26 PM
If it wasn't for Halak, the Habs would have been golfing today instead of preparing for a cup chase- GO HABS GO.

sleddy2008
04-15-2010, 08:27 PM
See Costa Caps are already starting to have problems and series hasn't even started yet.:tehe:

KIDWCKED
04-15-2010, 08:35 PM
goooo habs,,oh yeah!!:yeaah:

Costactc
04-15-2010, 08:35 PM
All the underdogs won last night, I think we'll keep that trend going tonight.

sleddy2008
04-15-2010, 08:36 PM
:stop:Except LA

Costactc
04-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Of course Sleddy, LA must be the exception since the Canucks are a Canadian team.

sleddy2008
04-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Of course Sleddy, LA must be the exception since the Canucks are a Canadian team.

:tehe: You had me worried there for a second,anyway Go Habs Go and sorry for hijacking your thread Todd.

Costactc
04-15-2010, 08:47 PM
No problemo Sleddy, I meant the Habs keeping the trend going not all teams.

GO CANUCKS GO as well

KIDWCKED
04-15-2010, 08:50 PM
:tehe: You had me worried there for a second,anyway Go Habs Go and sorry for hijacking your thread Todd.

no hijacking what so ever bro..peace!

GOOO HABS!!!:grr: