PDA

View Full Version : Xr 4500 issue

lemme
05-01-2020, 12:39 AM
So I have had this box long enough to see it locks up by way of the net. It's running off my asus 3100 router with great signal.

After a few hours or longer the channel freezes, the load spinner appears and only way to get back to watching a pay server is reboot. I'm using a proxy and other devices on same connection work fine.

Do I have a screwball box? I have the box set to shutdown and turn it off when not using it so it's not on all the time as I read about problems after wakeup.

dishuser
05-01-2020, 12:46 AM
when this has happened have you tried pressing live tv button?

Princetm
05-01-2020, 03:46 AM
I have the exact same issue, leaning towards a faulty box also. Buzz said they will gladly replace the box if need be. However, there is an update coming next week. If the update solves the issues, no need to send in for a replacement. Let me know if you find a solution.

nobodyspecial
05-01-2020, 03:49 AM
I lean towards a software issue myself

lemme
05-01-2020, 01:48 PM
when this has happened have you tried pressing live tv button?

Nothing but a hard reset gets it back working.

nobodyspecial
05-01-2020, 03:54 PM
Nothing but a hard reset gets it back working.

How long have you waited?

lemme
05-01-2020, 05:35 PM
How long have you waited?

Long enough, besides it's not about waiting as I have 2 servers neither of which work when it does this, nor youtube.
A reset and it's back on the fly.

nobodyspecial
05-01-2020, 06:05 PM
Long enough, besides it's not about waiting as I have 2 servers neither of which work when it does this, nor youtube.
A reset and it's back on the fly.

There was a reason for my question Define long enough.a minute?longer? I wanted to know if any messages came up.
You can try a factory reset to see if that helps.

lemme
05-01-2020, 06:58 PM
Let's say yesterday I was in and out and saw it spinning and was for probably an hour before I turned it off. I wonder if a factory reset changes mac addy? One of my servers is like pulling teeth to get re activated

nobodyspecial
05-01-2020, 07:26 PM
Let's say yesterday I was in and out and saw it spinning and was for probably an hour before I turned it off. I wonder if a factory reset changes mac addy? One of my servers is like pulling teeth to get re activated

Your mac addy does not change

lemme
05-02-2020, 03:57 AM
Is it just me or can one not record and watch a recording at the same time with buzztv? If not that's a huge disappointment.

nobodyspecial
05-02-2020, 04:01 AM
Is it just me or can one not record and watch a recording at the same time with buzztv? If not that's a huge disappointment.

never heard of any unit that can do that

lemme
05-02-2020, 04:43 AM
Why would that be a big deal? The recording is already in storage.

dishuser
05-02-2020, 04:49 AM
Why would that be a big deal? The recording is already in storage.

dual tuner with 2 connections
sounds big to me

lemme
05-02-2020, 05:41 AM
Why 2 connections? You have a recording in storage what's so big about that?

Btw my xr4500 jammed again went from spinner to a grey blank screen.

lemme
05-04-2020, 05:13 PM
Just got off phone with buzztv tech who says the update coming is only to address bt remote power problem. He believes its hardware related and told me to file an rma. Great

Some good news he told me they are working to have the 4000 4500 boxes capable of timeshift.

Zorro
05-04-2020, 05:30 PM

This is currently not possible.

Maestro701
05-04-2020, 09:08 PM

This would require dual tuner capabilities..... timeshift implementation would go along nicely with this.

lemme
05-04-2020, 09:20 PM
My e2 dreambox 900 can, I just dont want to use an image that supports iptv better on my box. I have spent days on current image. It plays iptv streams by converting m3u to bouquet it understands.

Maestro701
05-04-2020, 09:56 PM
My e2 dreambox 900 can, I just dont want to use an image that supports iptv better on my box. I have spent days on current image. It plays iptv streams by converting m3u to bouquet it understands.

That's all nice but we have to work with what we have now. Remember, the buzz is always improving.

lemme
05-04-2020, 11:04 PM
Well I will just have to hope for many improvements.
I can say with a few quirks out of the way I really like the box. Kudos to the buzz team

lemme
05-04-2020, 11:05 PM
This would require dual tuner capabilities..... timeshift implementation would go along nicely with this.

The tech today told me the timeshift will come with android 10 most likely

Zorro
05-04-2020, 11:24 PM

Timeshift feature will come way before Android 10

There still isn't even an AOSP SDK of Android 10 available from Amlogic.
And it takes about 3-4 versions before you get to a stable version
So far were not even on Version 1 for Android 10.

Android 9 has become very stable, so we don't see why we would rush to Android 10 if there really is no differences in features.

The Noof
05-04-2020, 11:46 PM

You know you have issues when you have tech support on speed dial...

lemme
05-05-2020, 12:12 AM

Yea issues to be addressed by buzztv and hopefully soon.

dishuser
05-05-2020, 02:28 AM
Yea issues to be addressed by buzztv and hopefully soon.

read post #23

Maestro701
05-05-2020, 10:54 AM

LOL......

Good thing is that they will be ironed out for his sake

Dynas
05-06-2020, 02:10 PM
On another note it would be nice if they could come up with a program that would allow the change of the MAC# It is very convenient to have on my xpl3000.

nobodyspecial
05-06-2020, 02:25 PM
On another note it would be nice if they could come up with a program that would allow the change of the MAC# It is very convenient to have on my xpl3000.

I doubt that will happen

dishuser
05-06-2020, 03:02 PM

the owner's of iptv services requested a long time ago to stop it because it was causing issues

lemme
05-06-2020, 04:47 PM
LOL......

Good thing is that they will be ironed out for his sake
Yea sure. It's ok I dont stress it, I just go to my cband setup and watch the master broadcast if things dont work at the time.

Tornado15550
05-10-2020, 06:26 PM

The entire point of a MAC address is to uniquely identify a specific device. Your MAC address should not be allowed to be changed.

Emporium
05-10-2020, 07:18 PM
The entire point of a MAC address is to uniquely identify a specific device. Your MAC address should not be allowed to be changed.

Agreed, but let's keep in mind that it's not even the REAL MAC that we are using. They are all generated MAC addresses which are used strictly by the TV App, since the 00:1A:79 OUI (Organizational Unique Identifier) which is used by all these boxes (including STBEmu on generic Android boxes), belongs to TeleTec, which is partners with Infomir who produce the MAG line of boxes. So in reality, we are all "emulating" a MAG in terms of the MAC we are using. I understand that we need some clearly pregenerated MAC, and there should not be a reason in most cases to change it. However not allowing the modification, doesn't stop anyone from using something like STBEmu (if they want to use a service with another MAC) which kind of defeats the purpose of buying these nice powerful boxes.

And even with only having access to the last 6 digits on the MAC (since the first 6 are fixed), it still give you just under 17 Million different combinations (which I don't think should be an issue for most servers that have a couple of thousand users each). If anything it puts someone with a box that can't change address at a disadvantage. Because if someone using STBEmu (or a box allowing change) happened to play the lottery and choose your actual pregenerated MAC (1 in 17Million chances) on the same server (even bigger long shot), then you are pretty much #$% out of luck.

I am still under the opinion (we are all still entitled to one), that the MAC should be allowed to be changed (it's add to the flexibility of a box). And let's keep in mind that this is not the physical MAC of the box (because depending on chipsets, that may or not even be possible), this is just the MAC that is used by the IPTV application. And "if" the buzztv app was the only one that allowed it, I could see the worry. But reality is, that STBEmu which is used by a lot more people allows the MAC to be changed for each profile, and that is available for the changing.

And since the OUI belongs to some other entity, and every vendor uses their own way to calculate the last 6 digits, it does not mean that they are unique anyhow. It is not unlikely that a buzz, dreamlink and mag can potentially all have the exact same generated MAC. And reality is that the MAG would be the only one that is legit - and they are the only ones who could ensure uniqueness at least for their own boxes.

I know that the decision to no longer allow the change of MAC on the newer models, has turned many of my family, friends and colleagues to look elsewhere, or stick with the low xpl3000 and buzz mate 1 devices (for as long as they are still available), which they all see as "more flexible". Many use servers that are not common on these forums. And when one reseller of a server vanishes for whatever reason, it is not as EASY as it it is for us here (with all the help/representation we have to many of the servers) to get that MAC removed from the server/panel to be able to go with another reseller of the same service. Changing MAC would be the easiest way.

From a "coding" point of view, this should not be a huge issues, since it is already using a pregenerated, non-physical MAC which it uses to build the packets. This is just a business decision, or other politics on the back end with other partners.

I do love my xrs4500 :thumbsup:, but I also wish it allowed for MAC change. :innocent:

But that is not something I can change. It's a business choice.