PDA

View Full Version : Habs upset Caps, stay alive

KIDWCKED
04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
c/p from espn
Associated Press
WASHINGTON -- His face flushed, his gray tie slightly askew, Bruce Boudreau let out a loud sigh, then began angrily assessing the various reasons his Presidents' Trophy-winning Washington Capitals are still locked in a first-round series against the barely-made-the-playoffs Montreal Canadiens.

Fast Facts

• Mike Cammalleri and Travis Moen had first-period goals, and Jaroslav Halak stopped 37 of 38 shots as the Canadiens outlasted the Capitals to extend this series to a sixth game. Cammalleri has points in the first five games of the series.

• The win was the second for Montreal in its past 13 playoff games. The road team has won four of the first five games in this series.

• Alex Ovechkin scored for Washington early in the second period.

• The Capitals were 0-for-5 on the power play and are 1-30 with the man advantage in their past six games.

A lack of effort from a handful of players.

A suddenly inept power play, 1-for-24 in the postseason.

Terrific goaltending by Montreal's Jaroslav Halak and a pair of early goals by the Canadiens in Friday night's Game 5.

Halak made 37 saves in his return to the net, Mike Cammalleri and Travis Moen scored on two of Montreal's first five shots, and the eighth-seeded Canadiens beat Alex Ovechkin's Capitals 2-1 to extend their Eastern Conference matchup.

Costactc
04-24-2010, 08:18 PM
As much as I think that that' all for the Habs:

GO HABS GO

sleddy2008
04-29-2010, 03:15 AM
As much as I think that that' all for the Habs:

GO HABS GO

Guess that wasn't it hey Costa:tehe:.Congrats on your Habs kicking Ovie and those Caps to the golf green.

whiteheather
04-29-2010, 04:12 AM
All I can say is WOW

mclovin
04-29-2010, 04:28 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll300/LucidFlight_album/fingers-in-ears.jpg

johnny cash
04-29-2010, 05:34 AM
Costactc gotta give you credit dam those Habs don't quit, what a game 7. Got to say i think that was one of the best game habs have played in a long time!