PDA

View Full Version : Best SAT to aim for.

srt4wad
04-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I have and old VS box and DN PRO setup and I would like to know the best SAT to aim for in south florida to get the best english and spanish true FTA progamming.

Thanks
Wade

Costactc
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM
To start off with your dish is to small for fta, you'd need a dish of 33"-48" for true fta and a linear lnb. There are several sats with good English programming but they are scattered, a motor could take care of that problem.

secheltpaul
04-29-2010, 03:42 AM
Your viewsat receiver will work for true FTA but your dish is too small and it does not have linear L N B F. A bigger dish with a standard linear L N B F is what you need.
Check out lyngsat.com to see what you can pickup.

WillDekkard
04-29-2010, 04:53 AM
English channel list:
http://ftalist.com/english.php
Spanish channel list:
http://ftalist.com/spanish.htm

srt4wad
04-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Well I also have a Channel Master 1.2m dish with a Invacom QPH-031 on the end, no motor. With that being said if I use that dish will I beable to use that setup with DN if N3 stand alone comes out or if I decide to get a WF?

Thanks
Dude

secheltpaul
04-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Yes you can use that L N B F for both.lots of members use them. And a 1.2-meter dish is a perfect size for true FTA. Or you could buy a cheep standard linear $10 L N B F and use it.

Costactc
04-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Well I also have a Channel Master 1.2m dish with a Invacom QPH-031 on the end, no motor. With that being said if I use that dish will I beable to use that setup with DN if N3 stand alone comes out or if I decide to get a WF?

Thanks
Dude

Perfect setup and the best of both worlds. With a 1.2m dish all ku sats available to your area will scan in as long as the dish is aligned properly. Your stb can be used for both as well; slap a motor on it and you'll be pulling in around 20 sats.

srt4wad
04-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Now, I am looking at motors on a site and I am not sure what I am looking for. Because of oak trees and stuff around my home I am going to mount it to the house. I have an office that use to use the same size dish for DTN stuff and they the wall mounts and all that good stuff.

My next question is how do I set it and how do I us the L an C ports on the LNB. I know they are for Linear can Circular sats but what do I need to do to get this thing up and running on my VS?

Any help would be great, plus and idea's on motors would help also.

Thanks
Dude

Costactc
04-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Easy, you have two coax, one for linear and one for circular. On a diseq switch assign one for each and in your install menu you assign the proper port for diseqc setting. For example if circular goes into port 1 of switch, when scanning a circular sat you assign number 1 in your setting and 2,3 or 4 for linear, depending on what number you put coax for l into.

srt4wad
04-29-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't have to use all 4 correct? I have a switch that I bought when I first started messing with FTA and found out I did not need it with the dp setup.

So, I go L - 1 and C-1 from the LNB to port 1 and 2 on the switch, then one coax out to the VS?

Thanks
Dude

Costactc
04-29-2010, 05:08 PM
You got it. When you go into your menu assign the proper number depending on wether your scanning a circular or linear sat. Remember that lnb frequency for circular is 11250 and 10750 for linear.

srt4wad
04-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Sweet, thanks for your help.

When I get the motor for it all I have to do is set the LNB center of dish and adjust the motor marks, and all should be good?

Thanks
Dude

Costactc
04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Installing a motor might be a bit trickier than that but well worth it in the end.

srt4wad
04-29-2010, 08:25 PM
I have been reading up on the motor, and that is what I am going to do. I am going to contact sadoun and ask them which type of motor I need and see what happens. I will post updates.

Thanks
Dude