PDA

View Full Version : Illegal satellite signal providers being targeted in major probe

CMFINC
04-29-2010, 05:29 PM
C/P <br />
<br />
Illegal satellite signal providers being targeted in major probe <br />
By Neil Etienne <br />
Staff Writer <br />
<br />
<br />
Renfrew County <br />
<br />
-- There’s a

Stile88
04-29-2010, 05:33 PM
all i see out of this is provider scare tactics no more no less.........

hydroguy
04-30-2010, 01:11 AM
Could they have picked a more out of the way, unknown area to address satellite piracy.....I see very few illegal dish installs in Renfrew & Arnprior....not to mention a sparse population......I agree provider propaganda for sure. One street in the GTA would yield more illegal satellite boxes than the entire Renfrew County

shomen
04-30-2010, 04:29 AM
What you should do-log out from this site,never log in back.

dishuser
04-30-2010, 11:08 AM
What you should do-log out from this site,never log in back.

what you should do is keep stupid comments to yourself

2kool
04-30-2010, 12:43 PM
The scum bag investigators these so called over priced providers use lie make up lies and make up so called evidence in a attempt to convict and scare people! Lies and bully tactics are their best...

heavyd1981
05-07-2010, 02:06 PM
last time i checked, it was perfewctly legal to buy a FTA receiver.

spaztrigger
05-07-2010, 06:33 PM
last time i checked, it was perfewctly legal to buy a FTA receiver.

And that is where these stories of pirate crackdowns lose a lot of credit. They refer to FTA boxes as illegal, when in fact it is the 3rd party software that is illegal. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe that there are crackdowns happening. We've all seen the court docs. But I doubt it's going down as described here. I think the providers are done with giving the "heads up" on legal action. They just do it.

stman
05-07-2010, 06:43 PM
PR plays its part too. And in case I need to refresh everyone's memory, in some of those final court judgments Nfusion receivers are identified as piracy devices.

josh567
05-13-2010, 06:00 PM
i kinda laughed when i found out that this article actually made it to this site. The paper isn't that good, and it is such a small town (under 1300 people) that the paper is from. Come to think of it it doesn't even make sense that they would they print this article in a paper from such a small area.