PDA

View Full Version : True FTA Testing

burnsy
04-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi guys

I have not tested true fta since I took down my old BUD like 15 years ago when Dave was cracked so heres what I have for gear can someone tell me if I am wasting my time. I am using my VS Pro and a SG2100 MOtek/digiwave motor and an invicom QPH-031 and a Fortec 33" dish I also have a Stab HH120 motor but can't get hold of a 1.2 meter dish up here for less than $400.00 by the time I pay shipping I did manage to pull in Galaxy 25 but the quality is very low and although it said it scanned about 120 channels I get a "moo Signal" message on most if not all

Costactc
04-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Unfortunately 33" is about the bare minimum for fta. When I scan 97w, my stb comes up with about 250 channels of which almost 200 are open. All other parts of your equipment are adequate, too bad you can't get a bigger dish to use with the stab motor.
With a 33" dish you will still scan in almost all ku sats but tough tp will not show up. Finally, I have a vs pro as well, not very good for fta. If you could pick up a cs5k or 6k, then your talking.

abouttosnap
04-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi guys

I have not tested true fta since I took down my old BUD like 15 years ago when Dave was cracked so heres what I have for gear can someone tell me if I am wasting my time. I am using my VS Pro and a SG2100 MOtek/digiwave motor and an invicom QPH-031 and a Fortec 33" dish I also have a Stab HH120 motor but can't get hold of a 1.2 meter dish up here for less than $400.00 by the time I pay shipping I did manage to pull in Galaxy 25 but the quality is very low and although it said it scanned about 120 channels I get a "moo Signal" message on most if not all

Well burnsy there is a guy local here that sells the 36" dish with a univeral mount for $89 and some change but I checked his site and he only ships to the lower 48. Sorry. :(