PDA

View Full Version : Nascar's LaJoie suspended for pot smoking.

KIDWCKED
06-22-2010, 10:27 PM
c/p from espn by the a/p
ESPN.com news services

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- NASCAR and ESPN have each suspended racing analyst and former driver Randy LaJoie indefinitely for violating its substance-abuse policy.

LaJoie

In an interview Tuesday on SIRIUS XM Radio, LaJoie said he smoked marijuana once in May.
LaJoie was tested by NASCAR because he wanted to become a spotter for one of Joe Gibbs Racing's Nationwide Series teams.
He has not competed at any of NASCAR's top three national levels since 2006 and has been an analyst for NASCAR the past several years.
"I take full responsibility for my actions and respect NASCAR's decision," LaJoie said in a statement. "I wish to apologize to my wife and family first, to NASCAR, to my fans and to the various media companies which I work including ESPN, Sirius Radio, Speed Channel and Performance Racing Network. I have this day sought to enroll in a substance abuse program. My use of marijuana was an isolated incident following the Coca Cola 600.
"I plan to follow the recommendations of the substance abuse counselor and suggestions of NASCAR and hope that someday I can prove to NASCAR and all the people with whom I associate that I have taken such steps to see that instances such as this do not reoccur."
LaJoie raced in 44 races over 12 years in NASCAR's elite Cup Series. His success was in the Nationwide Series, where he won 15 races over 19 seasons.

JCO
06-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Well poor guy, since he couldnt make blue smoke with his tires he found a replacement...LOL

KIDWCKED
06-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Well poor guy, since he couldnt make blue smoke with his tires he found a replacement...LOL

Seems like a whole lot of appoligies for just one marijuana cigarette:lolpound:

JCO
06-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Seems like a whole lot of appoligies for just one marijuana cigarette:lolpound:

Musta been a big twisty if its such a big apology...LOL

KIDWCKED
06-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Musta been a big twisty if its such a big apology...LOL

Well JCO perhaps it wasn't a big twisty and merely a bong problem!!Lets hope he gets it figured out soon:cough: