PDA

View Full Version : Clint Dempsey real Aerican Hero

motoho
06-25-2010, 01:43 AM
The is an oddball post! but that’s the way I am. Clint Dempsey was robed at the world cup not once twice in game 2 and game 3. look I am not saying that Landon Donovan is not the best but in that if Clint Dempsey’s had his goal counted do you think Donovan get’s the same props As he has gotten now?. Donovan is grate and I do think that the 3 players on team USA are
1 Tim Howard
2 Clint Dempsey
3 Landon Donovan
Now I am not saying that Donovan is not one of the best players in the world but if the goal’s had stand do you think you would be calling him # 1? This world cup will make men Heroes and make some superstars to me most oh this team are Heroes and I like the way Dempsey plays the game.
:yes: so hear is more info About Clint Dempsey
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/players/player=207851/photo/photolist.html#1255995 http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/players/player=207851/photo/photolist.html#1255924
Clint Dempsey is a footballer born on March 9, 1983 in Nacogdoches, Texas, the United States. He plays the role of attacking midfielder in the field.
Clint Dempsey made his international debut for the United States national team at the 2003 Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) World Youth Championship that was held in the United Arab Emirates. He won his first cap in the senior team against Jamaica on November 17, 2004. On May 2, 2006, he was selected to play for the U.S. national team at the 2006 FIFA World Cup tournament, which took place in Germany. As of 2008, Clint Dempsey has made 20 senior team appearances scoring a total of 6 goals and two assists including the goal against Poland in a 1-0 win in March 2006. At the 2006 World Cup, He scored a goal against the Ghana national team, which was the only goal by a U.S. player in the tournament. He scored the historic fastest goal at the U.S World Cup Qualifier 2010 with his chest trap and sliding attack in 53 seconds over Barbados. After beating American footballers, Kasey Keller and Brian McBride in a poll of sportswriters, Clint Dempsey received the Honda Player of the Year for 2006, which was considered as United States’ men’s soccer’s highest individual honor.

Clint Dempsey started off his football career with the Dallas Texans youth club. He had an impressive stint with Texans and became the captain of the team and was named the Most Valuable Player (MVP) in the Tampa Bay sun Bowl. He joined the Furman University where he exercised himself to be the key player for Furman. During the tenure at Furman, he made 61 appearances out and has 17 goals to his credit.

In the 2004 Major League Soccer (MLS) SuperDraft, Clint Dempsey was bought by the New England Revolution club. He played extremely well in his first season with Revs gaining the MLS Rookie of the Year title for the 2004-05 season. In 2005, he was chosen as the third best player for netting 10 goals and he assisted in nine goals including 5 goals that led his Revolution team to win the match. In the MLS All-Star Game, Clint Dempsey assisted in scoring the winning goal against the Fulham FC. His crucial goal against Chicago Fire played a major role in leading the Revolution squad into MLS Cup 2005. He was acknowledged MLS Best XI for his extraordinary performances at the league. Clint Dempsey is a talented player who is best known for his diving headers in crowded situations.

At the end of 2006 season, Clint Dempsey signed the Fulham FC for a transfer fee of $4 million and started playing in England after receiving his work permit from the United Kingdom Home Office on January 10, 2007. Ten days later, he appeared as a substitute in his debut for Fulham against Tottenham Hotspur. Clint Dempsey netted his first goal for Fulham in a 1-0 win against Liverpool on May 5, 2007 that gained him the top flight status for the 2007-08 season. Being in the starting squad of Fulham, he scored six goals at the Premier League matches and became Fulham’s top scorer in league. Impressed by his performance, Fulham extended it contract with Clint Dempsey until 2010.

Owing to his great passion for hip hop music, Clint Dempsey features in rapped song titled "Don't Tread", a football advertisement campaign by Nike for the 2006 FIFA World Cup.