PDA

View Full Version : I'm Confused...

return2sender
07-01-2010, 05:33 PM
I have a DPro Twin with port 1 and 2 and the connection for an extra LNB that I don't use. I was under the assumption that I could just run one wire from the number 1 connector to the first box (Ilink 8000) and one cable from the number 2 connector to the second box (another ilink 8000) and i would get both satellites on both boxes because (I thought) it has an internal switch. my friend tells me to run from connector 1 and connector 2 into a diseqc switch and then to a receiver..which worked..but it only lets me hook up one stb. whats the right way to hook up 2 ilinks with this dpro twin? thanks for your help and patience and input.

NOKIA™
07-01-2010, 05:35 PM
DP lnbs don't all come with internal switch...

if u have the DP Plus then it has internal

otherwise follow what ur friend told ya..

and to hook up to rcvrs to same LNBs u need a mutliswitch

like a DN DP switch ... or an EMP multi switch

StanW
07-01-2010, 05:50 PM
I have a DPro Twin with port 1 and 2 and the connection for an extra LNB that I don't use. I was under the assumption that I could just run one wire from the number 1 connector to the first box (Ilink 8000) and one cable from the number 2 connector to the second box (another ilink 8000) and i would get both satellites on both boxes because (I thought) it has an internal switch. my friend tells me to run from connector 1 and connector 2 into a diseqc switch and then to a receiver..which worked..but it only lets me hook up one stb. whats the right way to hook up 2 ilinks with this dpro twin? thanks for your help and patience and input.
Sounds like you have a dptwin plus ( 3portgs) . It has an internal diseqc switch - you should not be using and external switch with it ; connected the way you described - 1 cable to each receiver .

In your setting you have to set diseqc port 1 to 119 and port 2 to 110. If you decide to add hook up a 2nd lnb to the input port you will specify diseqc port 3 for it.

Mavrick
07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
If you decide to use that "in" port for a third sat it should only be a DP single LNB, if you have a Standard or Legacy LNB then go with DN Brand SW-21 or Ecoda 22KHz Switches insted of using the "in" port to combine the feeds to each receiver.........

return2sender
07-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I appreciate all of your replies. I had it hooked up with just one cable to each receiver and 119 as port 1 and 110 as port 2 but wasn't getting anything on 119 until i added the switch but i could have sworn adding that switch was wrong. thanks for the confirmation. My landlord doesn't want us having the dishes at all so i can only work on it at night. i'll try it again later and see if i can figure out what I'm doing wrong. thanks again!

Mavrick
07-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I appreciate all of your replies. I had it hooked up with just one cable to each receiver and 119 as port 1 and 110 as port 2 but wasn't getting anything on 119 until i added the switch but i could have sworn adding that switch was wrong. thanks for the confirmation. My landlord doesn't want us having the dishes at all so i can only work on it at night. i'll try it again later and see if i can figure out what I'm doing wrong. thanks again!

If the internal switch inside the LNB is stuck then that could cause you to only get 1 sat, if a Diseqc switch (plus cables to each port) gets you both sats then great, but like you said the Diseqc will only feed 1 receiver.

return2sender
07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I was wondering if the built in switch might be bad. I moved from one apartment to another and they wouldn't let me go on the roof to get my dish. a friend gave me this one so I don't know it. I found a Pro Quad LNB online so if this won't do it i may just buy that then i know ill get it to work somewhow lol thanks for the advice and help

return2sender
07-01-2010, 09:46 PM
I took the switch out. checked my setting which were correct all along. hooked up both ilinks.. one cable each box...and everything that wasn't working last night..IS working tonight. not really sure what the problem was but thanks for the help!

StanW
07-01-2010, 09:52 PM
I took the switch out. checked my setting which were correct all along. hooked up both ilinks.. one cable each box...and everything that wasn't working last night..IS working tonight. not really sure what the problem was but thanks for the help!
Powering the receiver off and on probably reset the internal switch in the lnb .

Great to hear that you're up and running - thanks for getting back to us .

return2sender
07-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Powering the receiver off and on probably reset the internal switch in the lnb .

Great to hear that you're up and running - thanks for getting back to us .

thanks for all of your input. I was ready to pull my hair out lol