PDA

View Full Version : Second Home page

TurboPirate
07-02-2010, 03:58 AM
Hello guys, I wish to have a second homepage in the browser, how can I add this second homepage so when I open the browser it opens 2 tabs 1 for each homepage? Thanks TURBO.

wildman25
07-02-2010, 04:21 AM
Most browsers will re-open the pages if you force the browser to close while they're still up- but other than that I'm at a loss

Terryl
07-02-2010, 05:56 AM
Click start, go to control panel, select internet options, under general enter the internet pages you want like this, hxxp://www.ftatalk.com, hxxp://www.satfix.net. ( don't do the hxxp://, you don't need it) The comma will separate the pages and give you two or more tabs.

gusman
07-02-2010, 06:07 AM
Also, You can save one of your favorite site to bookmark then right click on the site, select "Open in New Tab"

TurboPirate
07-02-2010, 08:38 PM
OK guys, trying to find out where I can add the second home page I screw up something, the browser I used is Flock, made by mozilla, so I hit the short with right click and to see the options I have there and now when I double click Flock OS ask me permission to run this program, the W Vista security feature I hate and was turned OFF, I tried Google crome and IE and it doesn't ask permission, what I did wrong? or how can I fix this? Thanks in advance TURBO.

ft@t@lk™
07-09-2010, 08:58 PM
take a look at this link for Flock browser tweak:

http://flock.com/user-guide/2.6/advcust.html

in the section Set Your Start and Home Pages (scroll down a bit), it explains how to set multiple Home Pages

Tealhawke
07-11-2010, 03:14 AM
There are many good options to do what you're asking. If you know any code and can write a script, Firefox and Flock are both open source... but that's not easy unless you are or have been a coder.

Opera has a nice feature that lets you "dial" up your favorite pages when you open a new tab (you have to set the pages as favs, of course). And I'm quite sure that someone in the mozdev/Firefox community has figured an add-on of some sort that will do that.

I try to keep it very simple. I have my favorite home pages set in my Firefox Favorites toolbar, which sits right above the browser tabs, and you can actually just click and hold on the tab of your favorite page and just drag it up to that toolbar, so your choices are right there to click. I just have Google as my home page on all my browsers because it loads instantly, and then I right-click on one of my page icons stored on my Firefox toolbar at the top, and the popup allows you to "Open in new tab."

81infla
07-14-2010, 05:38 PM
unless i missed something in the translations. u can open two seperate browser windows. but u can only read one at a time. ??
tp are u trying to multi multi task. lol