PDA

View Full Version : Jumping in!!!!

Night Prowler
07-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Since we have water here.......Niagara River...Lake Erie....Lake Ontario.....even the Erie Canal......not to mention other water ways......been thinking about getting a boat for the past few years......and can came across a steal!!!

1986 Wellcraft 23 Nova XL.......350 ci motor/Alpha 1 Merc outdrive......came with the dual axle trailer....and a Lowrance X87 fishfinder........for a mere $1500........:yeaah:

Yes....went through it with a fine tooth comb and a friend....checked the transom and stringers....Solid!! Motor was rebuilt last year w/ 50 hrs. on it.......:thumbsup:

Sad Part......it was stored over the winter uncovered and needs massive cleaning and buffing......only mechanical work needed is replacing all the bellows......$150-$175 Transom service kit.....:innocent:

Grab the Beer and let's go boating!!!!

pugsycan
07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Since we have water here.......Niagara River...Lake Erie....Lake Ontario.....even the Erie Canal......not to mention other water ways......been thinking about getting a boat for the past few years......and can came across a steal!!!

1986 Wellcraft 23 Nova XL.......350 ci motor/Alpha 1 Merc outdrive......came with the dual axle trailer....and a Lowrance X87 fishfinder........for a mere $1500........:yeaah:

Yes....went through it with a fine tooth comb and a friend....checked the transom and stringers....Solid!! Motor was rebuilt last year w/ 50 hrs. on it.......:thumbsup:

Sad Part......it was stored over the winter uncovered and needs massive cleaning and buffing......only mechanical work needed is replacing all the bellows......$150-$175 Transom service kit.....:innocent:

Grab the Beer and let's go boating!!!!
Im on my way
Why cant I find deals like that My neighbor at the lake got a 32' 2002 trailer with a big slide all oak inside for $1300 it has a little fire damage on a bit of the fiberglass but nothing to fix up

Night Prowler
07-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Im on my way
Why cant I find deals like that My neighbor at the lake got a 32' 2002 trailer with a big slide all oak inside for $1300 it has a little fire damage on a bit of the fiberglass but nothing to fix up

Gotta get out there and mingle......and keep covered up..no speedos....or they won't talk to ya......:tehe:

The hardest part is waiting for a deal.....:yes:

StanW
07-12-2010, 04:54 PM
That sounds like one heck of a deal NP - some ppl were born with a horseshoe up their xxx .lol

Night Prowler
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
That sounds like one heck of a deal NP - some ppl were born with a horseshoe up their xxx .lol

Don't know about the horseshoe.......but I did hook it up to the truck and hauled butt before they changed their minds.......:lol:

StanW
07-12-2010, 05:30 PM
The trailer alone, in good condition , is worth what you paid for the whole setup.. now save up your money for gas - adds up fast , especially if floppy takes a fancy to wakeboarding :D