PDA

View Full Version : Yankees principal owner dies today!

kiryjuan
07-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Yankees principal owner and chairperson George Steinbrenner has suffered a massive heart attack, according to a report Tuesday morning by WABC-TV in New York.

The television station reported that Steinbrenner was hospitalized and in critical condition.

The Yankees have not commented or confirmed the report.

Steinbrenner was rushed to St. Joseph's hospital in Tampa, Fla., on Monday night, according to reports in New York and Tampa. His condition was not known.

Steinbrenner turned 80 on July 4.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100713&content_id=12229350&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

mr flint
07-13-2010, 02:40 PM
man if he dies this will be a yankees nightmare he was the guy with the cash to assure that every year that they had a strong enough team to win the world series ever year if he goes i can't see the cash flow being as strong to the yankees anymore

pugsycan
07-13-2010, 03:09 PM
man if he dies this will be a yankees nightmare he was the guy with the cash to assure that every year that they had a strong enough team to win the world series ever year if he goes i can't see the cash flow being as strong to the yankees anymore

I think his son is more or less running the show now anyway By the way there was a radio report that he has passed on RIP George

Slammer
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
ESPN now confirming he has gone on to join Billy Martin in that great ballpark in the sky.

Rest in Peace Big George. I was never a Yankee fan but you always brought excitement & interest to the game. Baseball will forever owe you a debt of gratitude.

all-world1
07-14-2010, 12:18 AM
ESPN now confirming he has gone on to join Billy Martin in that great ballpark in the sky.

Rest in Peace Big George. I was never a Yankee fan but you always brought excitement & interest to the game. Baseball will forever owe you a debt of gratitude.

I wasn't a George fan either, always thought he was responsible for salaries spiraling out of control. But the guy was, without question, a real character that provided a lot of great moments, something that's lacking in pro sports these days.