PDA

View Full Version : 3D glasses for watching 3D dvds on TV.

Kung Pow
07-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Has anyone made their own 3D glasses that actually work. I'm talking about the older 3D technology using the red/blue effect. I read the thread on 3D FAQ and understand the idea. I'm trying to watch The Final Destination in 3D without too much success. The images aren't jumping out real well. I bought the proper material (coloured acetate or overhead sheets to most people). The red/blue lines are still visible with the glasses on which kills the effect in my mind (literally). lol I tried doubling up the material and changing the picture mode on the TV but nothing really changed.

I have a variety of 3D glasses but most are from the theatre (Toy Story 3 for instance) and aren't meant for what I want.

Bottom line is I'd like to make a classroom project here where the kids can make their own 3D glasses and watch a 3D movie (dvd) on TV. Any suggestions?

:comfort1:

juancho
07-17-2010, 12:53 AM
Has anyone made their own 3D glasses that actually work. I'm talking about the older 3D technology using the red/blue effect. I read the thread on 3D FAQ and understand the idea. I'm trying to watch The Final Destination in 3D without too much success. The images aren't jumping out real well. I bought the proper material (coloured acetate or overhead sheets to most people). The red/blue lines are still visible with the glasses on which kills the effect in my mind (literally). lol I tried doubling up the material and changing the picture mode on the TV but nothing really changed.

I have a variety of 3D glasses but most are from the theatre (Toy Story 3 for instance) and aren't meant for what I want.

Bottom line is I'd like to make a classroom project here where the kids can make their own 3D glasses and watch a 3D movie (dvd) on TV. Any suggestions?

:comfort1:
This is the best idea.. Create 3-D Glasses at Home!
The basic 3D glasses are available for around 99¢ on eBay but if you want them right now, you can build your own using a spare CD jewel case and some permanent marker pens.

Just scribble the transparent side of the jewel case with red and blue marker pens* large enough to cover the width of your eyes. The blue (or cyan) color lens is for the right eye while the red color will cover the left eye.
Look for more info google hxxp://www.labnol.org/home/make-3d-glasses/13776/