PDA

View Full Version : Deadline gone - so is mayweather/pacquiao

aquariusone
07-17-2010, 01:43 PM
On ESPN, many sports commentators yesterday were virtually in full agreement in what they had to say about Mayweather - that he is not eager to fight Manny Pacquaio. As many had predicted, including myself, the Mayweather camp has kept mum on what has been termed as a "negotiated" agreement - requiring only the signature of Mayweather to make it happen.

Without a word about it in the last two weeks, many are now speculating that much of the posturing by Mayweather, through demands for Olympic style blood testing were all designed to avoid a confrontation with a boxer likely to be the most serious threat to break his "clean unbeaten record". Many remain skeptical however, knowing how much this mega-boxing prospect could bring to both fighters.

When Pacquiao agreed to the conditions put forth by Richard Schaefer and Dela Hoya on behalf of Floyd Mayweather, the ball was delivered clearly to the Mayweather camp. Some think that Mayweather is smart and astute and that this whole episode is merely a ploy to raise the stakes and the hype, knowing how much money means to one who believes that "all roads lead to Mayweather". However, many now seriously question his sincerity of intention in "wanting to clean up boxing" (through imposition of blood testing) and believe that such antic was clearly to avoid this confrontation with Pacquiao.

Whatever his intentions are, Mayweather's credibility is now seriously questioned. With nothing but his signature missing, this fight is not happening in 2010. Some are resigned to the possibility that it may happen at all; not even in 2011.

Consequently, the value of Mayweather's unbeaten record has just suffered a "stock crash". From this point on, whoever Mayweather faces in the ring and beats no longer matter. In the stock market, the value of a company share drops when confidence in its management disappears. Thereafter, it is a long climb back to earning investors' trust. This is what is happening with Mayweather. Squandering the opportunity to meet who is considered the world's best pound-for-pound boxer of the decade will always haunt the one who thinks the crown belongs to him.

ZAB JUDAH VICTORIOUS

Zab Judah has announced his comeback in an astonishing fashion - knocking out Santa Cruz with a vicious left uppercut that brought the big man crashing down the canvass on the 3rd round.

tacochuck
07-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I hate to say it...

But i told you he was going to run from this fight!
:clock::hide:

Fibroso
07-17-2010, 03:14 PM
I hate to say it...

If Pacman would've accepted the blood tests, this would've been a thing of the past. Why didn't he? Why did he take so long to agree? Drugs wash away with time......????????? :innocent:

irosinsorsogon1
07-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I hate to say it...

What I heard that his pen has no ink......:no:

gusman
07-17-2010, 03:31 PM
He doesn't want to lose is what I'm seeing the reason of not fighting Pacquiao

tacochuck
07-17-2010, 03:33 PM
If Pacman would've accepted the blood tests, this would've been a thing of the past. Why didn't he? Why did he take so long to agree? Drugs wash away with time......????????? :innocent:

There is no more excuses for why this fight didn't happen...

All terms were agreed upon and mayweather still chooses not to fight...:no:

As far as the drug test goes.;.. i would be willing to bet that there are very few top ranked boxers that would let another boxer demand a test that the boxing commision doesn't require!

Fibroso
07-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Never seen anyone gain muscular mass without the use of steroids. Not in a short time anyway. If He had nothing to hide, he should've done it. He's willing to do it now, why not then???..............:innocent:

As far as the drug test goes.;.. i would be willing to bet that there are very few top ranked boxers that would let another boxer demand a test that the boxing commision doesn't require!

tacochuck
07-17-2010, 04:32 PM
We'll probably never know bud...

But, we do know that he agreed and called mayweather out and he wouldn't come out of hiding!:no:

jafo
07-17-2010, 06:23 PM
There is no more excuses for why this fight didn't happen...

All terms were agreed upon and mayweather still chooses not to fight...:no:

Well, let's see.......Mosley did it. Personally, I think "money" wants to make more money. How much will this fight generate next year, plus he does need some more conditioning after his long lay off.

I do have to agree on one thing though, any fight with either fighter fighting someone else means nothing. Who really wants to see Pac/Cotto or Margarito or anyone else? Same goes for Mayweather.... The Pac/Clottey non-fight was enough.

Imo, Mayweather/Pacquiao will happen next year.

tacochuck
07-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Well, let's see.......Mosley did it. Personally, I think "money" wants to make more money. How much will this fight generate next year, plus he does need some more conditioning after his long lay off.

I do have to agree on one thing though, any fight with either fighter fighting someone else means nothing. Who really wants to see Pac/Cotto or Margarito or anyone else? Same goes for Mayweather.... The Pac/Clottey non-fight was enough.

Imo, Mayweather/Pacquiao will happen next year.

USADA did not test either Floyd Mayweather's or Shane Mosley's blood closer than within 18 days of their May 1 fight.

He wanted Manny to test after the press conference and after the fight...

Big difference!

Doesn't really matter since he agreed before the deadline and mayweather is still hiding!

As Shakespeare penned,
“Conscience makes cowards of us all.”

aquariusone
07-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Pacquiao has earned the highest honor bestowed by the Sportswriters Association not only as Boxer of the year but as the Greatest Boxer of the Decade. Fortune Magazine has named him one of the world's 100 most influential people.

On the other hand, Mayweather's reputation has been severely tarnished.

To continue to hurl accusation and suspect use of performance enhancing substances against a person held in high regards throughout the world not only by the general public but especially by those who are the most elite in the sports of boxing, is to swipe a fly with a strand of spaghetti - foolhardy and idiotic. It fails to acknowledge the very reason why Mayweather et al, are now facing a defamation suit.

The fact is it is Mayweather who clearly tried to avoid confrontation with a dangerous boxer (Pacquiao) by concocting all kinds of frivolous conditions, hoping that they would be refused. Unfortunately, the ploy has now backfired and placed him in a corner he could never get out of.

jafo
07-17-2010, 11:32 PM
You people need to read. You only have Bob Arum's word that there was ever any deal in the works for a fight. There was never any contact with either fighter(this was just through Pac's promoter). Personally, I wouldn't trust a promoter's word, especially Arum(who is a prick) any farther than I could throw em. Maybe this was Arum's attempt to make the fight look like it was going to happen.

But even Arum is stating that reason for the fight not happening is because Roger Mayweather is on trial. He likens it to Pacman fighting without Freddie Roach in his corner(which ain't gonna happen).

Its obvious yall are Pac fans and hate Mayweather. One of you even made up a story about Mayweather being gay. Well, I hate Pacquiao and don't really care that much for Mayweather. But I think Mayweather would whup his a** and I base this on the Marquez fight. Pac had absolute trouble with him in 2 fights and should have lost one if not both of those fights while Mayweather completely dominated. Sure Pac will give Mayweather a little trouble because of his speed, but Mayweather is just as fast and is an awesome defensive fighter.

Anyway, I am still of the opinion that this fight will happen next year when the wait and ongoing excitement reaches fever pitch and the payout will have increased dramatically from what they would receive this fall.

As for the 18 day bs, I know I heard the fighters state a closer blood testing time than that(seems it was 24 hours before the fight....but could be wrong), because I remember them stating that the testing had no effect and if it was 18 days out, why would they even bother asking that question? :rolleyes: I will have to go back and review some of the interviews. I know it was less than 18 days, because Mayweather final offer for Pac was less than that, 2 weeks or 15 days or something like that.

lpinoy
07-18-2010, 01:12 AM
wow!! no fight is on, its Ok us long we see Cotto or Margarito match with Pacman. its all good see!!!

tacochuck
07-18-2010, 01:44 AM
You people need to read. You only have Bob Arum's word that there was ever any deal in the works for a fight. There was never any contact with either fighter(this was just through Pac's promoter). Personally, I wouldn't trust a promoter's word, especially Arum(who is a prick) any farther than I could throw em. Maybe this was Arum's attempt to make the fight look like it was going to happen.

But even Arum is stating that reason for the fight not happening is because Roger Mayweather is on trial. He likens it to Pacman fighting without Freddie Roach in his corner(which ain't gonna happen).

Its obvious yall are Pac fans and hate Mayweather. One of you even made up a story about Mayweather being gay. Well, I hate Pacquiao and don't really care that much for Mayweather. But I think Mayweather would whup his a** and I base this on the Marquez fight. Pac had absolute trouble with him in 2 fights and should have lost one if not both of those fights while Mayweather completely dominated. Sure Pac will give Mayweather a little trouble because of his speed, but Mayweather is just as fast and is an awesome defensive fighter.

Anyway, I am still of the opinion that this fight will happen next year when the wait and ongoing excitement reaches fever pitch and the payout will have increased dramatically from what they would receive this fall.

As for the 18 day bs, I know I heard the fighters state a closer blood testing time than that(seems it was 24 hours before the fight....but could be wrong), because I remember them stating that the testing had no effect and if it was 18 days out, why would they even bother asking that question? :rolleyes: I will have to go back and review some of the interviews. I know it was less than 18 days, because Mayweather final offer for Pac was less than that, 2 weeks or 15 days or something like that.

Arum did not give any reason as to why Mayweather won't fight!

He speculated a possibility without being critical because he still wants to see Manny kick his http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:f1S6yxnnt5xq5M:https://www.llamaproducts.com/assets/product_pics/donkey_rear_stamp.jpg

We all know that Pacman called him out so you can be assured that so did Mayweather...

If there were no negotiations then why would there be a demand from Mayweather that Olympic style drug testing be required!

Face the facts... Mayweather did not answer the bell for this fight pure and simple!

aquariusone
07-18-2010, 04:49 AM
In a debate, gentlemen on opposite side stick to defending their position with facts, not fiction; not speculation; and not personal opinion.

So what are the facts?

1) In the original negotiation last November, Mayweather demanded a random blood testing of up to 14 days before and immediately after the fight (predicated on prior knowledge of how Pacquiao lost his first Eric Morales fight because of him having submitted to a lab test). He also knew that Pacquiao is superstitious believing that giving blood weakens him. He countered with 24 days and immediately after the fight.
2) This being the most contentious issue, the June/July 2010 negotiation proceeded with all conditions (including the 14 day cutoff for blood testing) accepted by Pacquiao.
3) The agreement was presented to Mayweather for ratification (approval-signing) conditional to a July 15 deadline.
4) The deadline has passed without any comment by Mayweather on the offer.
5) Throughout his life and all conditions by all the boxing commissions, Pacquiao has never been accused or suspected of wrong-doing. He is as clean as a whistle.

Those are the unassailable facts. As for "building the hype for more money" at the gate or PPV, anyone suggesting that it is a ploy of Mayweather fail to consider that there is only so much the paying public is willing to shell out. The whole world already know that the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight is bound to be the biggest fight of the century. Thus, either Mayweather is stupid not to sign the contract, or he is scared to expose his "unbeaten record" to a great risk, or he truly believes he needs more time to prepare to defend that record - TAKE YOUR PICK! The other fact is, through all this shenanigans, he has alienated and deceived many of his fans, except for a few still clinging to his shirt tail like puppy dogs.

tacochuck
07-18-2010, 05:29 AM
In a debate, gentlemen on opposite side stick to defending their position with facts, not fiction; not speculation; and not personal opinion.

So what are the facts?

1) In the original negotiation last November, Mayweather demanded a random blood testing of up to 14 days before and immediately after the fight (predicated on prior knowledge of how Pacquiao lost his first Eric Morales fight because of him having submitted to a lab test). He also knew that Pacquiao is superstitious believing that giving blood weakens him. He countered with 24 days and immediately after the fight.
2) This being the most contentious issue, the June/July 2010 negotiation proceeded with all conditions (including the 14 day cutoff for blood testing) accepted by Pacquiao.
3) The agreement was presented to Mayweather for ratification (approval-signing) conditional to a July 15 deadline.
5) Throughout his life and all conditions by all the boxing commissions, Pacquiao has never been accused or suspected of wrong-doing. He is as clean as a whistle.

Those are the unassailable facts. As for "building the hype for more money" at the gate or PPV, anyone suggesting that it is a ploy of Mayweather fail to consider that there is only so much the paying public is willing to shell out. The whole world already know that the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight is bound to be the biggest fight of the century. Thus, either Mayweather is stupid not to sign the contract, or he is scared to expose his "unbeaten record" to a great risk, or he truly believes he needs more time to prepare to defend that record - TAKE YOUR PICK! The other fact is, through all this shenanigans, he has alienated and deceived many of his fans, except for a few still clinging to his shirt tail like puppy dogs.

Great post!

Some just can't see it for what it is...

jafo
07-18-2010, 11:07 AM

So what are the facts?

Not true, but who really cares? The original demands were for 24 hours before the fight and immediately afterwards, but Mayweather changed it to the 14 days when Pac refused. A ploy, perhaps, but really doesn't matter now.

Second, I am certainly glad we have an expert here who knows exactly what the ppv market will bear. Maybe you think that there won't be any more viewers next year(after all the watching sub par rematches or illegal fighters and the increasing clamor & hype for the Fight of all Fights!), but I tend to think differently. The fight, imo, will definitely make them more money next year. Any one who thinks not is really thinking this through, possibly pacman fans or mayweather haters who are just pissed it ain't happening this year.

The only thing irritating about this is that we will have to watch Pac fight another fight like his last:grr:

zoink
07-18-2010, 11:19 AM
First, what the heck happened to TALK.com

secondly, it sounds like your putting all the blame on PBF, there should've never been a second negotiation according to PAC's camp who in January annouced that they wouldn't give into PBF's demands.

Then May comes around and they have a change of heart, why because PBF sells himself so good that it doesn't matter who his opponent is, there both winning. Wasn't it PAC who didn't sign the first time, now it's PBF's turn.

Last, the drug test are suppose to be random, yeah the last test was 18 days out from the PBF vs Mosley fight, but nobody knew except the testers what days they were testing. The objective of a random drug test is for both fighters to be on there toes and not use any PED's while they're being tested.

Please do not put all the blame on PBF because all PAC had to in January was agree to the same terms he agreed to now. Both of these clowns are ruining the sport of boxing, and little by little MMA fighters are gonna be bigger attraction than these two.

satman432
07-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Lets face it. xxxweather demanded to much conditions. And now that Pacman agreed to all of his conditions, he hides and run away. We all know that xxxweather cannot take a big punch. We all saw that in the Mosley fight. That why right now his having second thoughts about fighting the No. 1 Lb. 4 Lb. king in boxing. For sure his going to take a lot of those big shots from the Pacman. And for sure a lot of those big shots will land. After the fight with Mosley he was interviewed. And xxxweather was ask if he is going to fight Pacman next. And xxxweather answered if Pacman will agree to the random blood testing then he will fight him. Now that Pacman agreed, how came he is hiding and running away. The answer to that is he is nothing but a coward. He knows that if he agrees to fight Pacman ( No. 1 Lb. 4 Lb. King) is that he is signing for his death wish.

Fibroso
07-18-2010, 02:51 PM
BoxingScene Division ratings:

C/P

This is the BoxingScene Pound for Pound Top Ten, with no changes in the standings since they were last updated in May 2010 but with updates for results and upcoming affairs.

1) Floyd Mayweather (41-0, 25 KO)
Current Title: World Welterweight
Career Titles: World Jr. Lightweight champion (1998-2001); World Lightweight champion (2002-04); World Welterweight/147 lbs. (2007-09); additional alphabelts at 130, 135, 140, 147 & 154 lbs.
Last Five Opponents: Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez, Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya, Carlos Baldomir
Up Next: TBA

2) Manny Pacquiao (51-3-2, 38 KO)
Current Titles: WBO Welterweight (147 lbs.); World Junior Welterweight (140 lbs.)
Career Titles: World Flyweight/112 lb. champion (1998-99); World Featherweight/126 lb. champion (2003-2005); World Jr. Lightweight/130 lb. champion (2008); additional alphabelts at 112, 122, 130, and 135 lbs.
Last Five Opponents: Joshua Clottey, Miguel Cotto, Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya, David Diaz
Next Opponent: TBA

The Take on the Top Two: In terms of accomplishments, competition, and dominance they just aren’t that far apart. Mayweather beat Mosley by a score of no less than 10-2; Pacquiao beat Miguel Cotto last year while losing maybe three rounds before stopping him in the twelfth. Cotto beat Mosley about 7-5 a few years ago, making his edge approximately the rounds difference of control between Mayweather-Mosley and Pacquiao-Cotto.

Pacquiao has made title claims in more weight classes generally (seven) and lineally (a record four) than Floyd (five and three). Floyd has the singular best title reign of either so far, posting a historically significant run at Jr. Lightweight. And, while lagging behind Pacquiao in terms of divisions competed in, he’s bested more current or former titlists (15 to 12) and more current or former lineal World Champions among them (eight to five). If one considers the Mayweather-Mosley fight as legitimately for lineal honors at Welterweight, in spite of Floyd’s ‘good on him’ refusal to pay WBA sanctioning fees, he also has won more title fights, stretching to 19-0 versus Pacquiao’s 13-1-2.
Against common opponents, Pacquiao was more dominant against Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton after they had lost to Mayweather; Mayweather was more dominant against a Juan Manuel Marquez who took Pacquiao to the wall twice in a draw and loss. What each man took out of those foes, and what mitigating circumstances might have existed, are open for debate. The results are not.

The bottom line is that discussion of the best fighter in the world across all seventeen of boxing’s weight classes is a two-man race. The rest of the world is playing for third and is well lapped by the men up top. Thinking from the perspective of a fan, Pacquiao might rate ahead. His fights are usually more thrilling, an electricity not seen since the heyday of Mike Tyson. Thinking clinically, Mayweather is the best technician since the prime of Pernell Whitaker.

Where they have been on the scale is weighed against where they are right now and the right now wins. Where they are is Welterweight and both have shown to belong physically in the class but Floyd, of note, didn’t need any catch weights for his best win in class. Mayweather is the best Welterweight in the world until proven otherwise and in a choice between two active Welterweights, that’s enough for number one here.

3) Paul Williams (38-1, 27 KO)
Current Title: None
Career Titles: Two alphabelt reigns at Welterweight
Last Five Opponents: Kermit Cintron, Sergio Martinez, Winky Wright, Verno Phillips, Andy Kolle, Carlos Quintana (twice)

The Take: Williams didn’t have much time to work with before a bizarre trip out of the ring ended the night early for Kermit Cintron. The four rounds completed for Williams certainly were not his best. It’s worth remembering it was only four rounds and quality outings dating back to his revenge rematch win over Quintana in 2008. Williams’s position could soon be threatened, but only because the man below him is next on tap with a serious threat. The 6’1 freak of nature Williams needs a rematch with Sergio Martinez and a shot at the Middleweight title because there really isn’t much else at Jr. Middleweight or Middleweight. A thrilling whirl of activity, Williams is well matched against the speed and angles of Martinez. They’ve given us a classic once. Let’s not wait too long to see them do it again.

4) Chad Dawson (29-0, 17 KO)
Current Title: Interim WBC Light Heavyweight
Career Titles: Another Alphabelt at 175
Last Five Opponents: Antonio Tarver (twice), Glen Johnson (twice), Epifanio Mendoza, Jesus Ruiz, Tomasz Adamek
Next Opponent: August 14, 2010 vs. Jean Pascal (25-1, 16 KO)

The Take: This Light Heavyweight star in the making has put together an impressive run since toppling veteran Eric Harding in 2006. His win over Adamek was almost bell to bell control; Adamek has since established himself as the best Cruiserweight in the world and is now busting up Heavyweights. Johnson and Tarver give him wins over two recent, popular choices for Light Heavyweight Champion of the World. Johnson was hell the first time around but Dawson showed his learning curve in a decisive technical victory in their November 2009 rematch. What Dawson has lacked is a compelling young opponent who can match his speed and play on his willingness to fight, sometimes to his own detriment. The Johnson rematch victory gave Dawson the interim WBC belt at 175 and now it’s the WBC’s regular titlist Jean Pascal. The two are headed for a clash and, given the speed and willingness to battle both men have, it should be a circled date on any boxing fan’s calendar. Should Dawson win, his claim to the Light Heavyweight crown is made complete.

5) Sergio Martinez (45-2-2, 24 KO)
Current Titles: World Middleweight; alphabelt at Jr. Middleweight
Last Five Opponents: Kelly Pavlik, Paul Williams, Kermit Cintron, Alex Bunema, Archak TerMeliksetian

My Take: There were plenty of folks who thought Martinez deserved the decision against Paul Williams last year; more than plenty who saw him stop and then ultimately win more rounds against Cintron only to end up with a draw. Everyone watching saw him beat Pavlik and he was rewarded as such by the judges, allowing him to claim one of the most storied titles in all of sport. Since a stoppage loss to Antonio Margarito in February 2000, Martinez is a stellar 29-1-1. Regularly entertaining and among the best athletes in the sport, the southpaw Martinez came late to boxing and is making the most of a long learning curve with remarkable speed and the ability to fight moving forward or backwards. With potential rematches out there against both Pavlik and Williams, and a rising crop of young talent at Middleweight the likes of which not seen in more than a decade, Martinez will have plenty of chances to improve on his standing in the year, maybe even years, ahead.

sliman
07-18-2010, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe2BJst5P_Y

KIDWCKED
07-18-2010, 03:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe2BJst5P_Y

Thanx Sliman that hit the nail on the head for sure!What other reason could there be for Mayweather not wanting to fight Paquaio..Mayweather has run out of excuses and demands.If he does not fight Manny i hope he retires as he want be missed..cheers

satman432
07-18-2010, 03:37 PM
BoxingScene Division ratings:

C/P

This is the BoxingScene Pound for Pound Top Ten, with no changes in the standings since they were last updated in May 2010 but with updates for results and upcoming affairs.

1) Floyd Mayweather (41-0, 25 KO)
Current Title: World Welterweight
Career Titles: World Jr. Lightweight champion (1998-2001); World Lightweight champion (2002-04); World Welterweight/147 lbs. (2007-09); additional alphabelts at 130, 135, 140, 147 & 154 lbs.
Last Five Opponents: Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez, Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya, Carlos Baldomir
Up Next: TBA

2) Manny Pacquiao (51-3-2, 38 KO)
Current Titles: WBO Welterweight (147 lbs.); World Junior Welterweight (140 lbs.)
Career Titles: World Flyweight/112 lb. champion (1998-99); World Featherweight/126 lb. champion (2003-2005); World Jr. Lightweight/130 lb. champion (2008); additional alphabelts at 112, 122, 130, and 135 lbs.
Last Five Opponents: Joshua Clottey, Miguel Cotto, Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya, David Diaz

The Take on the Top Two: In terms of accomplishments, competition, and dominance they just aren’t that far apart. Mayweather beat Mosley by a score of no less than 10-2; Pacquiao beat Miguel Cotto last year while losing maybe three rounds before stopping him in the twelfth. Cotto beat Mosley about 7-5 a few years ago, making his edge approximately the rounds difference of control between Mayweather-Mosley and Pacquiao-Cotto.

Pacquiao has made title claims in more weight classes generally (seven) and lineally (a record four) than Floyd (five and three). Floyd has the singular best title reign of either so far, posting a historically significant run at Jr. Lightweight. And, while lagging behind Pacquiao in terms of divisions competed in, he’s bested more current or former titlists (15 to 12) and more current or former lineal World Champions among them (eight to five). If one considers the Mayweather-Mosley fight as legitimately for lineal honors at Welterweight, in spite of Floyd’s ‘good on him’ refusal to pay WBA sanctioning fees, he also has won more title fights, stretching to 19-0 versus Pacquiao’s 13-1-2.
Against common opponents, Pacquiao was more dominant against Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton after they had lost to Mayweather; Mayweather was more dominant against a Juan Manuel Marquez who took Pacquiao to the wall twice in a draw and loss. What each man took out of those foes, and what mitigating circumstances might have existed, are open for debate. The results are not.

The bottom line is that discussion of the best fighter in the world across all seventeen of boxing’s weight classes is a two-man race. The rest of the world is playing for third and is well lapped by the men up top. Thinking from the perspective of a fan, Pacquiao might rate ahead. His fights are usually more thrilling, an electricity not seen since the heyday of Mike Tyson. Thinking clinically, Mayweather is the best technician since the prime of Pernell Whitaker.

Where they have been on the scale is weighed against where they are right now and the right now wins. Where they are is Welterweight and both have shown to belong physically in the class but Floyd, of note, didn’t need any catch weights for his best win in class. Mayweather is the best Welterweight in the world until proven otherwise and in a choice between two active Welterweights, that’s enough for number one here.

3) Paul Williams (38-1, 27 KO)
Current Title: None
Career Titles: Two alphabelt reigns at Welterweight
Last Five Opponents: Kermit Cintron, Sergio Martinez, Winky Wright, Verno Phillips, Andy Kolle, Carlos Quintana (twice)

The Take: Williams didn’t have much time to work with before a bizarre trip out of the ring ended the night early for Kermit Cintron. The four rounds completed for Williams certainly were not his best. It’s worth remembering it was only four rounds and quality outings dating back to his revenge rematch win over Quintana in 2008. Williams’s position could soon be threatened, but only because the man below him is next on tap with a serious threat. The 6’1 freak of nature Williams needs a rematch with Sergio Martinez and a shot at the Middleweight title because there really isn’t much else at Jr. Middleweight or Middleweight. A thrilling whirl of activity, Williams is well matched against the speed and angles of Martinez. They’ve given us a classic once. Let’s not wait too long to see them do it again.

4) Chad Dawson (29-0, 17 KO)
Current Title: Interim WBC Light Heavyweight
Career Titles: Another Alphabelt at 175
Last Five Opponents: Antonio Tarver (twice), Glen Johnson (twice), Epifanio Mendoza, Jesus Ruiz, Tomasz Adamek
Next Opponent: August 14, 2010 vs. Jean Pascal (25-1, 16 KO)

The Take: This Light Heavyweight star in the making has put together an impressive run since toppling veteran Eric Harding in 2006. His win over Adamek was almost bell to bell control; Adamek has since established himself as the best Cruiserweight in the world and is now busting up Heavyweights. Johnson and Tarver give him wins over two recent, popular choices for Light Heavyweight Champion of the World. Johnson was hell the first time around but Dawson showed his learning curve in a decisive technical victory in their November 2009 rematch. What Dawson has lacked is a compelling young opponent who can match his speed and play on his willingness to fight, sometimes to his own detriment. The Johnson rematch victory gave Dawson the interim WBC belt at 175 and now it’s the WBC’s regular titlist Jean Pascal. The two are headed for a clash and, given the speed and willingness to battle both men have, it should be a circled date on any boxing fan’s calendar. Should Dawson win, his claim to the Light Heavyweight crown is made complete.

5) Sergio Martinez (45-2-2, 24 KO)
Current Titles: World Middleweight; alphabelt at Jr. Middleweight
Last Five Opponents: Kelly Pavlik, Paul Williams, Kermit Cintron, Alex Bunema, Archak TerMeliksetian

My Take: There were plenty of folks who thought Martinez deserved the decision against Paul Williams last year; more than plenty who saw him stop and then ultimately win more rounds against Cintron only to end up with a draw. Everyone watching saw him beat Pavlik and he was rewarded as such by the judges, allowing him to claim one of the most storied titles in all of sport. Since a stoppage loss to Antonio Margarito in February 2000, Martinez is a stellar 29-1-1. Regularly entertaining and among the best athletes in the sport, the southpaw Martinez came late to boxing and is making the most of a long learning curve with remarkable speed and the ability to fight moving forward or backwards. With potential rematches out there against both Pavlik and Williams, and a rising crop of young talent at Middleweight the likes of which not seen in more than a decade, Martinez will have plenty of chances to improve on his standing in the year, maybe even years, ahead.

Go to ESPN and Ring Magazine Pound for pound Rankings..:thumbsup:

gusman
07-18-2010, 03:41 PM
First, what the heck happened to TALK.com

secondly, it sounds like your putting all the blame on PBF, there should've never been a second negotiation according to PAC's camp who in January annouced that they wouldn't give into PBF's demands.

Then May comes around and they have a change of heart, why because PBF sells himself so good that it doesn't matter who his opponent is, there both winning. Wasn't it PAC who didn't sign the first time, now it's PBF's turn.

Last, the drug test are suppose to be random, yeah the last test was 18 days out from the PBF vs Mosley fight, but nobody knew except the testers what days they were testing. The objective of a random drug test is for both fighters to be on there toes and not use any PED's while they're being tested.

Please do not put all the blame on PBF because all PAC had to in January was agree to the same terms he agreed to now. Both of these clowns are ruining the sport of boxing, and little by little MMA fighters are gonna be bigger attraction than these two.
http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?t=26887:offtopic1:

Back to Topic :D

satman432
07-18-2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?t=26887:offtopic1:

Back to Topic :D

Watch the interview after the Mosley fight that he will accept to fight Pacman if he do the conditions the he ask of him (Pacman). No more excuses and conditions.:comfort1:

tacochuck
07-18-2010, 04:02 PM
I still see people putting the blame or having issue with pacman for not caving to mayweathers earlier demands...

That's called negotiating!

Bottom line is that he signed and mayweather didn't...

How hard is it to figure out who's to blame for this fight not happening!

Fibroso
07-18-2010, 04:30 PM
This fight will happen sooner or later, money talks and BS walks. Had Pacman agreed to the blood testing this thread would have been history. Chill, soon we'll see who is the best. :thumbsup:

aquariusone
07-19-2010, 12:39 AM
First of all, I am delighted to see so many aficionados at this site. You all are passionate about the boxing and that is just terrific. Obviously, a lively gentlemanly debate is healthy.

Zoink, what a thrill to see you participate! "talk" is no more so I hear. If you want to know more you can PM me or the others you recognize and they will discuss that particular issue and what happened.

No blaming anyone here...merely pointing to facts as they occurred. Certainly, we are inclined to "read" into the post and interpret them based on our perception.

Meanwhile, we have some real astute observers here who have pointed us to sites that verify and further support the facts.....or refute false assumptions! :bump:

zoink
07-19-2010, 06:56 AM
I still see people putting the blame or having issue with pacman for not caving to mayweathers earlier demands...

That's called negotiating!

Bottom line is that he signed and mayweather didn't...

How hard is it to figure out who's to blame for this fight not happening!

Thanks AQUA, I've already been told what happened, so unfortunate, very good forums at TALK.

But back to the topic, TACO, you don't see anything wrong with saying "we'll never give into Mayweather's demands" and then saying " we'll accept his offer of 14 days". Because last time I checked, that's the ONLY reason this fight didn't happen in Dallas with over 100k in the stadium. Negotiations or not, at that time the ball was in PAC corner, and just like PBF did now, he dropped it then.

If my memory is still good Mayweather accepted PAC's 1million per every pound he was over. They're both full of BS, but you're trying to pin it on Mayweather, when Both fighters had their own demands, but PAC said no at that time.

So what's the difference from then and now, then PAC had the upper hand, now Mayweather has the upper hand. He's gonna ride his horse as high as ever. Because he's either gonna fight a guy who he whooped or a guy who got caught cheating. If he wants money and PPV sales, he's gotta go for Cotto.

So from what you're saying if PAC says no to PBF, he's just not caving in but when PBF says no to PAC, he's scared, not the best logic.

tacochuck
07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks AQUA, I've already been told what happened, so unfortunate, very good forums at TALK.

But back to the topic, TACO, you don't see anything wrong with saying "we'll never give into Mayweather's demands" and then saying " we'll accept his offer of 14 days". Because last time I checked, that's the ONLY reason this fight didn't happen in Dallas with over 100k in the stadium. Negotiations or not, at that time the ball was in PAC corner, and just like PBF did now, he dropped it then.

If my memory is still good Mayweather accepted PAC's 1million per every pound he was over. They're both full of BS, but you're trying to pin it on Mayweather, when Both fighters had their own demands, but PAC said no at that time.

So what's the difference from then and now, then PAC had the upper hand, now Mayweather has the upper hand. He's gonna ride his horse as high as ever. Because he's either gonna fight a guy who he whooped or a guy who got caught cheating. If he wants money and PPV sales, he's gotta go for Cotto.

So from what you're saying if PAC says no to PBF, he's just not caving in but when PBF says no to PAC, he's scared, not the best logic.

It's the best logic to those that can see the truth!

Negotiations!

Why keep bringing up the early negotiations?

We are way past that part, the only thing left is for mayweather to sign the contract!

That's why we don't have a fight!

Fibroso
07-20-2010, 04:47 PM
It's the best logic to those that can see the truth!

Negotiations!

Why keep bringing up the early negotiations?

We are way past that part, the only thing left is for mayweather to sign the contract!

That's why we don't have a fight!

The truth will shine in the ring when Floyd decides to fight. I guess when he runs out of money. Things come and go, if you let it go, you have to wait till it comes around. :comfort1:

jafo
07-20-2010, 05:35 PM
A famous line from a Jack Nicholson movie comes to mind "You can't handle the truth". Truth is, no one here knows the truth. Anyone who says they do is just blowing smoke up our a**.

Be patient, give it until next year. I think we will see this fight next year, unless of course Pac loses to a "cheater" or a rematch. Personally, I don't see either of these fights as a very good money maker for him, but a person can't have everything.

aquariusone
07-20-2010, 09:36 PM
Obviously, the biggest purse would come from a Mayweather fight. However, with that fight out the window, there is no use "crying over spilled milk".

Regardless of who comes into the ring with Pacquiao, people will come to watch. As horrible as the Clottey fight was (mostly because Clottey turned turtle), the Dallas venue was a sell-out and PPV was nearly 1/4 short of a million.

A Cotto bout for a new belt will generate a large purse, so will a Margarito bout for another belt in spite of negative sentiments against the latter. The undercard will definitely influence final figures.

Unfortunately in this business, promoters are protecting their pockets. That is why we see these kind of matches. This is why you will not see an Andre Berto or a Tim Bradley in the horizon (although that may be possible, assuming of course that Pacquiao does not retire).

No matter who Manny fights, I, like million others around the world just want a treat of non-stop action. I guess that is why Steven Seagall and Silvestre Stallone like Manny. They have a lot in common.

KIDWCKED
07-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Obviously, the biggest purse would come from a Mayweather fight. However, with that fight out the window, there is no use "crying over spilled milk".

Regardless of who comes into the ring with Pacquiao, people will come to watch. As horrible as the Clottey fight was (mostly because Clottey turned turtle), the Dallas venue was a sell-out and PPV was nearly 1/4 short of a million.

A Cotto bout for a new belt will generate a large purse, so will a Margarito bout for another belt in spite of negative sentiments against the latter. The undercard will definitely influence final figures.

Unfortunately in this business, promoters are protecting their pockets. That is why we see these kind of matches. This is why you will not see an Andre Berto or a Tim Bradley in the horizon (although that may be possible, assuming of course that Pacquiao does not retire).

No matter who Manny fights, I, like million others around the world just want a treat of non-stop action. I guess that is why Steven Seagall and Silvestre Stallone like Manny. They have a lot in common.

I think certain fights should be made mandatory by the commission i.e the pfp best must face each other.Could you imagine what it would do for the world of boxing in every division!!No more ridiculous demands and lengthly negotiations invovling the media and promoters..This is destroying the best bouts and boxing history yet to be made..We the fans get denied once again.Ruff Ruff Ruff Arghhh Arghhh Arghhh:ranton:

aquariusone
07-20-2010, 11:00 PM
I think certain fights should be made mandatory by the commission i.e the pfp best must face each other.Could you imagine what it would do for the world of boxing in every division!!No more ridiculous demands and lengthly negotiations invovling the media and promoters..This is destroying the best bouts and boxing history yet to be made..We the fans get denied once again.Ruff Ruff Ruff Arghhh Arghhh Arghhh:ranton:

You are absolutely right. However, in the fight business, be it boxing, UFC, Strikeforce, or MMA, there is a lot of "choreography" going on. The only control the various boxing commissions have is stripping boxers of titles when they fail to defend against mandatory challengers/contenders. Even then, so what? Look at Mayweather, he dictates his fights and would not pay commission "just for a belt"!

It is what puts boxing in a bad light and there is no solution. Those fighters who have gone through the mill and developed "market value" do not really need the commissions or the belts. Those in the lower echelons have no choice in the quest for "recognition" (but to pay the fees for the belts).

I bet that you and I can put something together to establish what could restore the luster in boxing, eh????? Let us create the Super International Federation of Boxing Champions! Hehehehe!

KIDWCKED
07-20-2010, 11:22 PM
You are absolutely right. However, in the fight business, be it boxing, UFC, Strikeforce, or MMA, there is a lot of "choreography" going on. The only control the various boxing commissions have is stripping boxers of titles when they fail to defend against mandatory challengers/contenders. Even then, so what? Look at Mayweather, he dictates his fights and would not pay commission "just for a belt"!

It is what puts boxing in a bad light and there is no solution. Those fighters who have gone through the mill and developed "market value" do not really need the commissions or the belts. Those in the lower echelons have no choice in the quest for "recognition" (but to pay the fees for the belts).

I bet that you and I can put something together to establish what could restore the luster in boxing, eh????? Let us create the Super International Federation of Boxing Champions! Hehehehe!

Now thats the best idea i have heard for sometime..We could make bills and pass them just like the house of commons..First on the agenda is Klitschko vs Klitschko:tehe:

aquariusone
07-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Now thats the best idea i have heard for sometime..We could make bills and pass them just like the house of commons..First on the agenda is Klitschko vs Klitschko:tehe:

Nope, its not gonna happen! Mama Klitschko will spank the boys if they fight! :) .... and she will spank you if you provoke!

I am staying far away from that thought! :comfort1: