PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao Trainer: 90% that its Abu Dhabi, with Margarito

Gamer
07-20-2010, 05:50 PM
c/p By Mark Vester

Nonoy Neri, an assistant trainer to WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao, said Manny is "90%" certain that his next fight will be staged in Abu Dhabi on November 13. He said Pacquiao likes the idea of fighting there because of the large Filipino community in the area.

The opponent is likely going to be Antonio Margarito says Neri. The other option would be a rematch with Miguel Cotto. Pacquiao stopped Cotto in the twelfth round last November to capture the WBO welterweight crown. Cotto is now the WBA champion at 154-pounds. If the Margarito deal gets closed, the vacant WBC 154-pound title is going to be at stake. Pacquiao will begin training in Manila in August.

"It's not a closed deal but its 90% because Manny wants it over in Abu Dhabi. It's more likely to be Margarito and not Cotto, but it depends on the negotiations," Neri told Gulf News.

jafo
07-20-2010, 07:26 PM
Great: A fight with the "cheater" staged outside the US because Margarito has no license to fight.

A fight against a revamped Cotto with a new trainer and new weight class makes a more intriguing match, imo.

tacochuck
07-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Cotto will likely be the next fight after margaritto!

KIDWCKED
07-20-2010, 08:43 PM
I think a Cotto - Margarito rematch would be more much intrestingJmo..:tape:

Fibroso
07-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Cotto will likely be the next fight after margaritto!

If the fight Margarito / Paquiao is for the vacant WBC 154-pound title then is good, because the rematch with Cotto could be to consolidate. The winner would walk away with 2 belts. Margarito or Pacman would be good to go against the Puerto Rican. We just have to watch out for the juice or the wraps. hahahaha :thumbsup:

jafo
07-21-2010, 12:49 AM

I have to agree. This would be intriguing because of the hand wrapping incident and questions whether he used them in their first fight. Personally, I think Cotto would destroy Margarito in the rematch. Cotto looks so much better at the heavier weight. New trainer probably doesn't hurt either......lol.

zoink
07-21-2010, 12:01 PM
I hope they're 90% wrong about Margarito, that fight would be another Top Rank failure. Besides PBF, Cotto has the second biggest fan base in the sport, I hope Cotto's the one, and that he won't settle with this catch weight nonsense team PAC made him settle for last time.

Don't settle Cotto, PAC may be P4P, but the cash cow in TR is Cotto not PAC.