PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao retires after november 13 2010

aquariusone
07-22-2010, 12:16 PM
MOMMY D (Dionisia, Manny's Mom) and JINKEE (Manny's wife) both demand for pugilist to retire!

Floyd or not, Pacquiao to retire after Nov. 13 bout
5/27/2010 | Boxing, Pacquiao vs. Mayweather

source: Rey Joble | gmanews.tv

Manny Pacquiao wants to be remembered plainly as "Manny Pacquiao" when he retires after his November 13 bout this year.

The seven world division champion has signified his intentions of hanging up his gloves whether or not he faces the undefeated and thrash-talking Floyd Mayweather Jr. in November.

"I don’t want to retire as a washed-up boxer. At the back of my mind, I've already contemplated on retirement as early as last year," said Pacquiao. "I don’t want to retire from the sport at a time when I'm feeling pains on my body."

Expect popular ring announcer Michael Buffer to add "The Fighting Congressman from the Philippines" to Pacquiao’s growing list of monikers in his ring return this year after the People's Champ won a Congressional seat in the lone legislative district of Sarangani, his wife Jinkee's home province.

And Pacquiao could very well be the new "Lord of the Political Ring" in Sarangani as he became the only professional boxer ever elected into public office after the Filipino boxing icon knocked out the Chiongbian political clan.

But nothing is certain yet for the boxing bout every fight fan wants to see since Top Rank's Bob Arum is still negotiating with Richard Schaefer, his counterpart at Golden Boy Promotions.

Negotiations are now on going for the biggest fight ever since Muhammad Ali and Joe Fraizer went at it at the start of their epic trilogy in boxing almost four decades ago.

"I haven't talked yet to Bob. He's the one negotiating with Mayweather's camp," said Pacquiao. "But I'm sure he's doing everything to make the fight to happen. Everyone wants to see this fight."

According to Pacquiao, the blood test won't be an issue anymore as both camps have already agreed on the terms but there are still other details needed to be ironed out – like the fight purse – but the pound-for-pound boxer declined to give specifics.

Before giving the go signal for Arum to negotiate with the Mayweathers, Pacquiao needed to overcome one hurdle. Convince his mother, Dionisia, who said that she wants Pacquiao to retire or she'll gatecrash her son's match if he doesn't stop fighting.

Surprisingly, Dionisia, whose popularity grew with her champion son, allowed Pacquiao to climb the ring for the last time announcing it during her 61st birthday celebration on May 15.

Perhaps, "Mommy D." knows best that there's no better fight available left for his son than to mix it up with Mayweather Jr., whose mouth is as fast as his fist when he demolished "Sugar" Shane Mosley recently.

"My mom doesn't want me to fight anymore. But I convinced her, to give me one last fight. (After that) I'm already thinking about retirement," said Pacquiao, who said that he wants his last fight to take place either at the Dallas Cowboy Stadium again or at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. – JVP/Rey Joble, GMANews.TV

tacochuck
07-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Let's see if maybe this excellent move on his part will bring Mayweather back to the negotiating table...

There are far too many boxers that fight past there prime and for Pacquio to leave after his next fight is a smart move..

He's proved all he needs to the boxing world with the exception of fighting Mayweather and this announcement will either help get that fight signed or finally prove to everyone that Mayweather doesn't want to fight him...

As Bruce Buffer says! (It's Time)

gusman
07-22-2010, 03:08 PM
I already said it in my other post that my bet is pacquiao will retire so he can concentrate on his new job in the Congress of the Philippines. And I am right, lol

tacochuck
07-22-2010, 06:47 PM
I already said it in my other post that my bet is pacquiao will retire so he can concentrate on his new job in the Congress of the Philippines. And I am right, lol

Looks like it!

I believe that's what Mayweather is hoping for!

jafo
07-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Anyone check the date of this bit of news.......lol? 5/27/2010 Doubtful that this would make any difference, because it was before the negotiations supposedly started.

Another interesting thing is "he still listens to Mommy".......lol. Talk about who wears the pants in that family.:tehe:

I think it is sad that Arum is trying to put together a deal to fight a boxer who was decisively beaten by a boxer who was completely owned by Mayweather(And this in both boxer's last fight, so it is very relevant). Why not just fight Mosley then? Because Arum is like a pimp who puts 2 hookers on same street to compete against each other and bring him twice the money. Margarita & Cotto both fight for Top Rank, just like Pacquiao.

tacochuck
07-22-2010, 07:44 PM
The interesting thing to me is this statement!

The seven division world boxing champion, Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao, is doing just fine after being hospitalized for stomach problems on Sunday, after his release from the hospital he told Philippine station GMANews that he will retire after one last fight, with or without Floyd Mayweather Jr. being his final opponent.

Knowing that these were his plans Mayweather decided to take a couple of years off of boxing!

And you still don't think he's avoiding him!:tehe:

aquariusone
07-22-2010, 09:08 PM
There are those whose God is the almighty dollar. They are the ones who say we've got balls for brains because we predict Pacquiao to hang up his gloves - foregoing the bout with Mayweather if such does not materialize in November.

Pacquiao is a devoted Catholic with strict religious upbringing. He also honors his mother who was sole breadwinner to raise the family after Pacquiao's Dad left, early when he was just a boy. He is also very devoted as a father who listens to his children's mother.

Thus, I am one of those brainless twits who predicates that Manny's wealth is more than sufficient to last him and his family three lifetimes and thinks that Pacquiao's faith, mother, and wife, will dictate his retirement from boxing.

He wants to fight Mayweather for the sake of the demand of the boxing world and to honor his fans.....but he can definitely live without Mayweather!

KIDWCKED
07-22-2010, 09:42 PM
I think were getting to the point where the boxing world dosen't need the Pretty boy anymore.If he still ducks this fight and it's not made to happen..Floyd Mayweather's not happening anymore either.:hide:

Fibroso
07-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I thought he was a Jehovah's Witness, because of the blood issues. He should retire healthy and rich, this way he could be a good politician. Perhaps he'll make it to the top as president of his nation. Good luck Manny. :yes:

aquariusone
07-22-2010, 10:13 PM
I thought he was a Jehovah's Witness, because of the blood issues. He should retire healthy and rich, this way he could be a good politician. Perhaps he'll make it to the top as president of his nation. Good luck Manny. :yes:

You are not kidding about that! With the dire state of his country and the corrupt politicians, the country needs an honest man who does not have to steal from the poor people!

tacochuck
07-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Obviously a man of compassion and great integrity...

Putting the people first instead of the buck...

Oh i just remembered that's why he tried to make a fight with mayweather...

Almost forgot that he had a love for the sport and the fans unlike ↑!

KIDWCKED
07-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Obviously a man of compassion and great integrity...

Putting the people first instead of the buck...

Oh i just remembered that's why he tried to make a fight with mayweather...

Almost forgot that he had a love for the sport and the fans unlike ↑!

Pacquaio loves the sport and the money and fame that comes with it..This sport and his success has gotten Pacquaio a congressional seat!!First and foremost are his fans and he wants to give us one more fight for the biggest payday ever against you know who!!After that it's greener pastures else where for Manny Pacquaio and i wish the best..Peace!

Gamer
07-23-2010, 12:13 AM
I really hope it goes well for him when he retires.But possibly you will see him back in year.As soon as he start missing it.Because that what boxers do they box.

tacochuck
07-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Sadly alot of them do come back to fight again but too often it's for financial problems they have incurred...

Pac has spent alot of his money well and with his political endeavor will not likely need to come back!

aquariusone
07-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Sadly alot of them do come back to fight again but too often it's for financial problems they have incurred...

Pac has spent alot of his money well and with his political endeavor will not likely need to come back!

With his endorsement income alone, Pacquiao is one of the wealthiest men in the Philippines. (By the way, Mayeather's 2009 income from the same source is estimated to be $60 million, 2nd to Tiger Wood's $128 million. Now you know why he would want his face bruised!)