PDA

View Full Version : Ricardo Mayorga Talks King, Targets Cotto and Chavez Jr

Gamer
07-22-2010, 05:57 PM
c/p By Pablo Fletes, notifight.com

Over the weekend, Ricardo Mayorga tried to force a release from promoter Don King, taking advantage of the fact that King needs his signature to release a one million dollar security deposit in a Florida court.

That one million Don King put placed with the court to prevent Mayorga from taking part in an M M A match. But Mayorga failed to get his freedom from King, much less compensation for the missed fight and feel that a ring return will be complicated because the promoter said he would only release him if someone buys his contract for $300,000.

"Don King has failed me by not getting me a fight in almost two years, because Shane Mosley has fought since he beat me at the last second. But he won't give me my freedom and no compensation for not allowing me to take part in the M M A event," Mayorga said from Miami. "I can fight with Miguel Cotto, with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., but the problem is Don King. King wants 70 percent, and leaves 30 to the fighter and that is why nobody does business with him. "

"Don King is not the number one promoter in the United States. They are Bob Arum and Oscar De La Hoya with Golden Boy, and other promoters, because nobody wants to work with Don, much less the television networks and therefore we see now why his fights take place in Germany.

According to Mayorga, Don King offered him a fight, but the offer did not meet his expectation. Mayorga said King offered him a fight with Mexican Alfredo "Perro" Angulo, but only offered him $ 80,000.

"Because of my status as a former champion, a man who always puts on a show, I should earn at least $500,000," Mayorga concluded.