PDA

View Full Version : Team Cotto Schedule Meeting With Mayweather in PR

Gamer
07-24-2010, 04:32 PM
c/p By Jhonny Gonzalez

The team of WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto are planning to meet with Floyd Mayweather Jr., who is on vacation in Puerto Rico. Attorney Gabriel Peñagaricano, who is Cotto's adviser, confirmed the meeting to reporter Joseph Sanchez.

“We have communicated (with Mayweather Jr.) and knew of his visit. We plan meet and talk about a little matter that I am not at liberty to discuss," Peñagaricano added.

Before rumors start running wild in the media, Peñagaricano was very quick to point out that a face to face meeting between Cotto and Mayweather does not suggest the two boxers will discuss a potential fight.

BoxingScene.com spoke with several sources in Puerto Rico about the details of the meeting. From what it appears, the two boxers are going to discuss co-promoting events.

Last month Cotto cut a deal with Golden Boy Promotions to co-promote events in Puerto Rico. The deal shocked many in the sport because Cotto is promoted by Golden Boy's rival, Top Rank. Mayweather has his own promotional company, Mayweather Promotions, and has interest in promoting events on the island. Mayweather works in a very close manner with Golden Boy.

"These are separate issues," said Peñagaricano. "He (Mayweather), besides being a boxer in a division similar to that of Miguel, is a promoter, like Miguel, and is interested in developing fighters. And he also came here for other issues, apart from business. He's on vacation."

Cotto himself made it clear that he has two years remaining on his contract with Top Rank and any fight, including Mayweather, would have to go through his promoter.

zoink
07-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Here we go again, PAC choosing a subpar fight and PBF choosing the money pit named Cotto, this fight is only for bragging rights. If they fight and PBF wins big, you can expect PBF not to take ANY demands that PAC makes next year during their negotiations. The #1 and #2 most watched fighters in boxing can only spell trouble for PAC and his camp.

Gamer
07-24-2010, 08:08 PM
It seems mayweather does not want share the money.Now maybe he will get cotto to fight for a 60/40 cut or maybe even less.

KIDWCKED
07-24-2010, 08:16 PM
It seems mayweather does not want share the money.Now maybe he will get cotto to fight for a 60/40 cut or maybe even less.

In typical Mayweather style he yet dodges top contenders and claims to be another Ali..LOL!!If a cotto-mayweather ppv becomes reality i will be watching the replay or livestream..Not a cent spent!Peace..

zoink
07-24-2010, 09:06 PM
In typical Mayweather style he yet dodges top contenders and claims to be another Ali..LOL!!If a cotto-mayweather ppv becomes reality i will be watching the replay or livestream..Not a cent spent!Peace..

I support the local bar when a big fight is on tv, everybody wins.

Chigaro
07-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Mayweather has teased us long enough. He just won't allow us fight fans to get behind him. How can we get behind a fighter who won't fight the toughest opponents?

If he never fought again, I wouldn't be all that upset. Have a nice life "Pretty Boy".

KIDWCKED
07-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Mayweather has teased us long enough. He just won't allow us fight fans to get behind him. How can we get behind a fighter who won't fight the toughest opponents?

If he never fought again, I wouldn't be all that upset. Have a nice life "Pretty Boy".

Mi amigo chigaro!!Great o hear from ya..:thumbsup: