PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to manny pacquiao

aquariusone
07-26-2010, 10:57 PM
This is a copy of the letter sent to a few of the Philippine Media today:

"Let me start by saying that we are devoted fans of Manny Pacquiao. We are all over the world. We also believe that as much as we would enjoy seeing Manny inside the ring with anyone, we are content of what he has already accomplished – Best Boxer of the Decade, Top Pound-for-pound boxer of the year, one of 100 Most influential People in the World. Add to that his successful bid for a seat in the Philippine Congress representing people of Sarangani province.

"Thus, we are deeply concerned over his proposed fight against Antonio Margarito for a vacant WBO Junior Middleweight title, as promoted by his agent Bob Arum of Top Rank.

"Let me tell you why. The whole world wanted a fight to resolve the question of who is really the best boxer in the world – against Floyd Mayweather. Mommy D and Jinkee want Manny to retire from boxing out of concern for the high risks associated with the sports and also so that he can concentrate on his challenges and opportunities in the Philippine Congress. To get him in the ring with a boxer with black marks whose license in California has been suspended, regardless of his past record (Antonio Margarito) is senseless and meaningless. It is simply a fight with a lot of risks and very little rewards.

"With the mega-fight prospect with Mayweather out the window, those of us who understand boxing and its psychological implication amongst fans are not enthusiastic about Manny winning another world title belt, if it has to come from a fight that is very close to being tainted. It is tainted because there is no legitimacy for Margarito contending for the title. It is tainted because the only reason for Margarito being chosen in the arranged fight is the fact that he is under contract with Top Rank for his fights. It is tainted because Margarito’s license suspension is still very much up in the air. Even if it is to be lifted for this one fight, his misdemeanor against Cotto remains a black mark that ingratiated him with previous followers. His last fight against Roberto Garcia generated a paltry gate. It is tainted because of the disparity in size, weight, and reach that Pacquiao’s handlers are demanding a catch weight of no more than 150 pounds for a 154 pound Junior Middleweight title.

"Congressman Pacquiao has a big heart who loves to please his people in addition to a very impressive non-stop work ethics. However, he is surrounded by advisers and a promoter in it mostly for the money. They could care less of the boxer’s health and welfare unlike those who love him most – Mommy D and Jinkee.

"If this could very well be his swan song – his ultimate glory in the ring - he deserves a much better opponent or full immediate retirement as the most colorful and exciting best pound-for-pound boxer in the world of the last decade.

"We urge Manny to reconsider this bad decision by Bob Arum. Alternatively, we would want to see him, for the last time, against a worthy opponent."

The Cobra
07-26-2010, 11:20 PM
nice job aqua-------****--there we go agreeing again LOL

Gamer
07-27-2010, 12:00 AM
It makes three of us agreeing Aqua.Margarito is getting a payday after his suspension and will get this fight with or without his liciense thanks to bob arum.I would of preferred to see pacquiao fight somebody in his division or lower.Maybe bradley or alexander or even a unification with berto would do.I fail to mention cotto because I do not like the catchweight issue so if dont like it for margarito and I dont like it for cotto.Actually I believe that pacquiao can beat margarito without the catchweight.But thats me my friend.Oh well lets see what happens.

tacochuck
07-27-2010, 12:08 AM
You guys ever thought that Manny wants this fight with Margarito so he can give him the beating he deserves for his past actions?:grr:

The Cobra
07-27-2010, 12:24 AM
You guys ever thought that Manny wants this fight with Margarito so he can give him the beating he deserves for his past actions?:grr:

I`ve gotta admit pal----it never crossed my mind. Interesting perspective tho.

zoink
07-27-2010, 12:49 AM

what has Margarito done to PAC in order for him to get revenge.

lpinoy
07-27-2010, 01:03 AM

do you know that pacman is the mexican assassin's and margarito is the last mexican boxer...LOL

Good Luck for Both Fighter...

zoink
07-27-2010, 01:19 AM
do you know that pacman is the mexican assassin's and margarito is the last mexican boxer...LOL

Good Luck for Both Fighter...

I totally forgot:tehe:

The Cobra
07-27-2010, 01:28 AM
I totally forgot:tehe:

I`m ashamed of you pal-----you gotta let me know when you find out about this kinda stuff.......... LMAO

tacochuck
07-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Welcome to the boxing forum!
:tehe::noidea::tape:
http://www.unitedmaskandparty.com/Halloween/images/fake_cast_arm.JPG

The Cobra
07-27-2010, 02:00 AM
welcome to the boxing forum!
:tehe::noidea::tape:
http://www.unitedmaskandparty.com/halloween/images/fake_cast_arm.jpg

lmao lmao lmao lmao

aquariusone
07-27-2010, 03:22 AM
Darn it, imagination runs wild here but you guys have me rolling on the floor. I guess having COBRA, ZOINK, RAMON, TACO around, (where the heck is TODD) and also IPINOY is a lethal combination!

What a riot this is turning to be!

Gotta be Cobra's handiwork!:yes:

The Cobra
07-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Darn it, imagination runs wild here but you guys have me rolling on the floor. I guess having COBRA, ZOINK, RAMON, TACO around, (where the heck is TODD) and also IPINOY is a lethal combination!

What a riot this is turning to be!

Gotta be Cobra's handiwork!:yes:

MOI ?????-------haven`t you heard aqua? I`m a kinder, gentler Cobra----LMAO, haven`t got anyone banging & cursing a keyboard yet.

aquariusone
07-27-2010, 04:52 PM
MOI ?????-------haven`t you heard aqua? I`m a kinder, gentler Cobra----LMAO, haven`t got anyone banging & cursing a keyboard yet.

...only a matter of time, Bud....only a matter of time!

By the way, Pacquiao delivered his 1st speech in Congress. It is pretty impressive. Let me quote a few statements from his speech:

“So let’s get started on this road to progress. I am tempted to quote Robert Front - ‘the woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.’ However, in the effervescence of my youth, I chose Michael Buffer’s famous line, ‘Let’s get ready to rumble!’,” he said.

“But in the same fashion that I end my fights, let me leave you with this prayer that I carry with me all these years - ‘God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference’,” he said.

Pacquiao also told his colleagues that he had asked himself frequently if he could be a “good congressman.”

“And my resounding answer is, with my heart in the right place, my work ethic, my discipline, and my commitment to learn from wiser and more experienced people such as all of you here today, yes, I can be a good congressman,” he said.

There is more:

“Livelihood is the first important thing on our agenda. Without a source of livelihood, people go hungry. But there are two other things just as crucial. One of them is health. Did you know that Sarangani does not have a provincial hospital?” he stressed.

He pointed out that the other concern he would like to attend to is education.

“We are going to make sure that there is continuous educational upgrading in Sarangani... we will coordinate with Tesda (Technical Education and Skills Development Authority) on what the most relevant and useful programs are. We are also going to put up the Placement Assistance Coordination and Manpower Assessment Network Centers, or Pacman Centers for short,” he said.

“I can barely contain my excitement about what Sarangani can become, will become. I am eager too that I will be part of these improvements in my province,” he said.

This man continues to move mountains, don't you think?