PDA

View Full Version : Team Margarito Wait For Manny Pacquiao's Decision

Gamer
07-27-2010, 06:50 PM
c/p By Jhonny Gonzalez

According to Antonio Margarito's co-manager, Francisco Espinoza, a fight with Manny Pacuqiao is not official for November 13 until the Filipino boxer approves the fight proposal. Pacquiao's adviser Michael Koncz is going to review the proposal with Manny shortly. There will be a catch-weight of 150-pounds and the vacant WBC junior middleweight title will be at stake.

"That's what Mr. Arum says, that it is probably going to be Margarito but we're waiting to see who Pacquiao accepts, if it's [Miguel] Cotto or Margarito. We are waiting to see what happens. There is nothing official. We are waiting for more news," Espinoza told Rafael Rivera.

Espinoza said there will be no involvement of random drug testing. He doesn't see a reason to have random testing based on rumors going around.

“No, why blood tests? That's not important. They are both athletes and both of them are responsible for what they are doing. There will be testing before and after the fight. But any other conditions I can't talk about because nothing has been officially set. Right now everything is up in the air. There is nothing official and a lot of rumors out there," Espinoza said.

A source within Team Cotto told Reymund Colon they are also waiting for Pacquiao's final decision. Miguel Cotto still believes he has a small chance to fight Pacquiao in November, if for some reason the proposal to fight Margarito is rejected.

"Until Pacquiao's fight with Margarito is signed, Cotto is still in the race," the source said.

zoink
07-27-2010, 07:27 PM
I guess PAC is listening to his fans, and not taking Arum's word. This is turning into a big soup sandwich, none of these guys can get it right.

Margarito should be thankful for the opportunity, if I were him, I would've sign on the line as soon as PBF didn't come thru. This is the best opportunity he's gonna get for many years to come.

The Cobra
07-27-2010, 08:12 PM
I guess PAC is listening to his fans, and not taking Arum's word. This is turning into a big soup sandwich, none of these guys can get it right.

Margarito should be thankful for the opportunity, if I were him, I would've sign on the line as soon as PBF didn't come thru. This is the best opportunity he's gonna get for many years to come.

Right on the money pal-------even tho I don`t think it`s a good fight for Pac I`d still like to see it.