PDA

View Full Version : Oscar DeLa Hoya Enrages Boxing Fans On Failed Pacquiao-Mayweather Fight

lpinoy
07-28-2010, 02:11 AM
C/C
By: Leo Reyes
July 27, 2010

Millions of boxing fans from around the world feel they were misled into believing the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight negotiation was indeed taking place when Oscar de la Hoya said the fight was closer to being made.

Pacquiao and Mayweather were supposed to face off last March 13 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. But the talks for the fight collapsed because the boxers disagreed on the drug testing protocol.

The second attempt by the promoters to make the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight happen this year failed after Floyd Mayweather, Jr opted to ignore the proposal put forward by Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum.

Golden Boy Promotions represented by Richard Shaefer issued a statement after the lapse of Arum's deadline for Mayweather to agree to his proposal, denying there ever was a negotiation between him and Bob Arum.

Oscar de la Hoya, owner of Golden Boy Promotions, admitted in a statement to the press sometime in June that the fight was closer to being made.

Being a responsible business executive and one of the most adored boxers during his prime years in professional boxing, Mayweather should have exercised prudence in making a public statement concerning the status of the fight negotiation.

But it is hard to believe that Oscar would issue such a statement if he was unaware of the ongoing talks at that time, being a professional boxer that he was and a respectable business executive.

During the later part of the negotiating process, Mayweater was quoted to have said,“I think right now we are very, very close in finalizing the contracts. I can't talk right now in detail about the negotiations but I will say that we are very close,” de la Hoya reportedly said.

“I think I said it because I get the question asked so many times that, obviously, I was fed up and tired of it and I just said like, yeah, yeah, it's gonna get made ,” the 10-time world champion noted. “So it was a quick answer that I should have obviously thought about.”

Oscar said he was tired being asked about the negotiations status so many times as the reason for admitting there was indeed talks going on and that the fight is getting closer to being made.

Boxing fans think Oscar is lying and is just trying to save face.

The Cobra
07-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Just great-----another flapping yap added to the pile. Guilty as well Oscar.

jafo
07-28-2010, 02:21 AM
Well, lets see, did he lie the first time(by stating the negotiations were close to being finalized) or the second time(when he said he lied the first time)? Is this getting confusing for anyone? No dang wonder it is so hard to figure anything out from all this mess, other than we aren't gonna see the fight everyone wants.

tacochuck
07-28-2010, 02:35 AM
They are all trying to put the blame elsewhere for the fight not being made!

Negotiations were started and there's no getting past that part1 They can put blame anywhere they want, bottom line is mayweather wouldn't accept the fight that was put in front of him..

No matter what his excuse is, he didn't man up and fight like a real champion would!

The Cobra
07-28-2010, 02:38 AM

Negotiations were started and there's no getting past that part1 They can put blame anywhere they want, bottom line is mayweather wouldn't accept the fight that was put in front of him..

No matter what his excuse is, he didn't man up and fight like a real champion would!

Gotta be a man to "man-up"------PBF will go down in boxing history as a little clucker.

aquariusone
07-28-2010, 03:08 AM
Gotta be a man to "man-up"------PBF will go down in boxing history as a little clucker.

Damn, FINALLY, something I can disagree with you, Cobra! He is not a little clucker.........................

he is a BIG clucker!

The Cobra
07-28-2010, 03:13 AM
Damn, FINALLY, something I can disagree with you, Cobra! He is not a little clucker.........................

he is a BIG clucker!

I stand corrected.................. LMAO

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID21442/images/resized_fmjchicken.jpg

jafo
07-28-2010, 03:16 AM

Well, I for one don't know if there were any negotiations. Just because Arum throws what Pac wants and will accept out there, doesn't mean there was any negotiation. But, and that is a big but, even if there were actual negotiations with the 2 parties actually talking, what were the conditions that Mayweather turned down? Are we going by Arum the prick's word on all this?

Here is one more thing to consider. Mayweather doesn't give a f**k about Pacquiao or the fans. Or maybe he just doesn't want to fight again this year.
Or maybe he is smart enough to know that Arum would choose as a replacement either Cotto/Margarito....both fighters tainted by losses recently. Or maybe he just doesn't give a f**k. He after all has groomed that bad boy image for years....cocky, arrogant, no one tells him what to do.

And who knows, after November, he may have made one of the smartest moves of his life financially. There is no doubt that the money generated from a Pac/Mayweather fight will not decrease next year.

tacochuck
07-28-2010, 03:50 AM
Arum needs to be left out of the equation...

This is between pac and mayweather, they just go through their managers and promoters to get what they want out of the deal!

Arum may or may not be the scum of the earth but he doesn't control what his fighter wants and neither does Mayweathers!

In his first public statements since the fallout from the alleged failed negotiations of Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao, HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg acknowledged that he acted as a mediator between Mayweather's handlers and those of Pacquiao's from Top Rank Promotions in an effort to bring their highly-anticipated fight to fruition.

Bob Arum, Top Rank Promotions' CEO, told reporters on July 16 that he had been negotiating with Mayweather's manager, Al Haymon, with Greenburg acting as the mediator. Golden Boy Promotions' president, Oscar De La Hoya, and Mayweather's adviser, Leonard Ellerbe, recently denied that negotiations took place.

In his statement e-mailed through his public relations department, Greenburg did not name Haymon or Arum, although he corroborated Arum's assertion.

mikes94547
07-28-2010, 04:42 AM
time for Pacman to move on...like michael koncz said, no need to go after gayweather, who needs to watch a boring fighter. life goes on, we should appreciate pacman's talents while he's still fighting...gayweather can go burn his millions. manny alread:yes:y is a hall of famer...mabuhay!!!!

jafo
07-28-2010, 02:35 PM
If only Arum could be left out of the equation:rolleyes:

tacochuck
07-28-2010, 05:01 PM
If only Arum could be left out of the equation:rolleyes:

He could and should be left out concerning the reason the fight didn't get signed!

Only one chump responsible for that and it aint Arum!

rokko
07-28-2010, 05:08 PM
how does any rational adult think that there was no negotiation we should have a poll on this subject please

aquariusone
07-28-2010, 05:21 PM
how does any rational adult think that there was no negotiation we should have a poll on this subject please

Finally, someone rational and smart enough to come up with a simple clear concise and logical statement! Cheers!

Decency prevents me from using pejorative adjectives to describe the insanity that is going on on the side of Schaefer, Dela Hoya, and the entire troope in the Mayweather camp. How could they all sound as if they are communicating with a public with an IQ of 10?

As a cover up for the idiotic stance and posturing by a pseudo-genius of a fighter who probably evaluated the grave risks of getting in the ring with someone who could conceivable have him mopping the floor with his face, Schaefer and company engage in semantics; such as "what is negotiation anyways?"

What a shameless and gutless way to cover up for the "little boy"!

Rokko, there is no need for a poll. Even my little chihuahua can smell a skunk in a business suit that lies to his teeth!

The Cobra
07-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Well, I for one don't know if there were any negotiations. Just because Arum throws what Pac wants and will accept out there, doesn't mean there was any negotiation. But, and that is a big but, even if there were actual negotiations with the 2 parties actually talking, what were the conditions that Mayweather turned down? Are we going by Arum the prick's word on all this?

Here is one more thing to consider. Mayweather doesn't give a f**k about Pacquiao or the fans. Or maybe he just doesn't want to fight again this year.
Or maybe he is smart enough to know that Arum would choose as a replacement either Cotto/Margarito....both fighters tainted by losses recently. Or maybe he just doesn't give a f**k. He after all has groomed that bad boy image for years....cocky, arrogant, no one tells him what to do.

And who knows, after November, he may have made one of the smartest moves of his life financially. There is no doubt that the money generated from a Pac/Mayweather fight will not decrease next year.

Nicely put---and I do agree.

I`ve said this before on a couple other sites as my good friends Zoink, Tacochuck, Aqua and many others can attest to----"THERE WILL BE A FIGHT". Like jafo just said and I have said this before---this latest delay (which I called btw) is just simply another PBF just being PBF, he needs the spotlight----he`s an antagonist supreme and he`s laughing at everyone concerned that is going crazy over this fight. He ain`t stupid---he knows this is the only "mega" fight out there and no matter what is said or done in between there will always be a full house for it if time doesn`t run out and one of them retires. Arum knows it too but he`ll be content to wait till he sucks all the cash & mileage he can assemble out of Cotto & Margarito etc re "comebacks" that really don`t pose much of a threat to the "mega fight" re Pac/PBF.
Do they care? Damn right both of them do---Money ain`t called "Money" for nothing, and this fight is off the scale the way it`s been played with. Manny Pacquiao may be a different story re the cash----except Congressman Manny Pacquiao needs the cash for the Phillipines (at least that`s the argument Arum would use).
PBF loves being the bad guy-----his name is plastered everywhere for him to see it,, he`s antagonizing the boxing world and all the fans of both himself & Pac Man. It`s HYPE my friends--hype PBF style-----and hype sells. Any tactics, delays,manuevers, blood tests, catch weights, excuses, reasons etc etc would be forgotten in about 2 secs after the fight is signed. Like jafo said the $$$$ for a mega fight will still be there early next year----and more of it. I repeat...."there will be a fight"

Btw----the sun is out and the sky is blue my taco friend... LOL

aquariusone
07-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Finally, another point on which we differ, my friend!

There will be no mega-fight! It's a done deal! Finito! Mayweather will snub Arum to spite him because of their feud.

Mayweather makes more than $60 million yearly in endorsement (2nd highest earning amongst sports personalities in the US). He does not want a LOSS on his record.

PACQUIAO is serious about being a legislator in the Philippines and he is no dummy. As much as he is a philantropist, he will not fight and deposit his earnings in the Philippine Central Bank. He will retire. There won't be a 2011 fight in his agenda. His Mommy D will spank him. Jinkee will have him sleep in the barn with the chickens .... if he does.

And that I am willing to bet with you. If you win, I will get Mayweather to sleep with you. If you lose, I will get Mayweather to sleep with you for two weeks! :)

tacochuck
07-28-2010, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=aquariusone;136904]Finally, another point on which we differ, my friend!

There will be no mega-fight! It's a done deal! Finito! Mayweather will snub Arum to spite him because of their feud.

Mayweather makes more than $60 million yearly in endorsement (2nd highest earning amongst sports personalities in the US). He does not want a LOSS on his record.

PACQUIAO is serious about being a legislator in the Philippines and he is no dummy. As much as he is a philantropist, he will not fight and deposit his earnings in the Philippine Central Bank. He will retire. There won't be a 2011 fight in his agenda. His Mommy D will spank him. Jinkee will have him sleep in the barn with the chickens .... if he does

And that I am willing to bet with you. If you win, I will get Mayweather to sleep with you. If you lose, I will get Mayweather to sleep with you for two weeks! :)
:tehe::stop:

The Cobra
07-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Finally, another point on which we differ, my friend!

PACQUIAO is serious about being a legislator in the Philippines and he is no dummy. As much as he is a philantropist, he will not fight and deposit his earnings in the Philippine Central Bank. He will retire. There won't be a 2011 fight in his agenda. His Mommy D will spank him. Jinkee will have him sleep in the barn with the chickens .... if he does.

Sleep with me???----maybe I`ll set him up with my ex LOL---but he`d probably run away from her too.
Bout the only way were gonna find out who`s right is wait & see------keeps things interesting you you gotta give both of them that LOL.

lpinoy
07-29-2010, 12:45 AM
I stand corrected.................. LMAO

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID21442/images/resized_fmjchicken.jpg

nice one bro.. hehehe

jafo
07-29-2010, 02:56 AM
[QUOTE=aquariusone;136904]Finally, another point on which we differ, my friend!

PACQUIAO is serious about being a legislator in the Philippines and he is no dummy. As much as he is a philantropist, he will not fight and deposit his earnings in the Philippine Central Bank. He will retire. There won't be a 2011 fight in his agenda. His Mommy D will spank him. Jinkee will have him sleep in the barn with the chickens .... if he does

:tehe::stop:

That certainly could cause this fight not to happen in 2011. Arum has been the thorn in this with his feud with the Mayweather's camp.

But as far as Pac retiring, Arum has already made plans for Pac to fight another fight in 2011, possibly against Cotto. I would bet with you on that, but I don't won't to sleep with either one of them.:no::no::no:

The Cobra
07-29-2010, 03:09 AM
[QUOTE=tacochuck;136928]

That certainly could cause this fight not to happen in 2011. Arum has been the thorn in this with his feud with the Mayweather's camp.

But as far as Pac retiring, Arum has already made plans for Pac to fight another fight in 2011, possibly against Cotto. I would bet with you on that, but I don't won't to sleep with either one of them.:no::no::no:

LMAO LMAO LMAO

tacochuck
07-29-2010, 03:23 AM
For the life of me i just can't figure out why i keep seeing statements that put the blame on Arum...

Forget about him..

All it takes is for this so called greatest of all time to get in the ring and prove to the world that he deserves that tag or not!

Excuses are just like you know what!

jafo
07-29-2010, 03:33 AM
Maybe because it is a well documented fact that there is bad blood between Mayweather and Arum. You must be the only one who hasn't heard of it, but now you have.:okay:

Although I do agree that Mayweather needs to step in there and give the fans the fight they want. He is just being Mayweather as usual.

tacochuck
07-29-2010, 03:39 AM
So who gives a ****!

I guess those that can't see the truth have to blame it on someone other than the one that's really to blame!

Go ahead and blame Arum for no fight!

You are one of the few that thinks he's to blame!

The Cobra
07-29-2010, 03:53 AM
For the life of me i just can't figure out why i keep seeing statements that put the blame on Arum...

Forget about him..

All it takes is for this so called greatest of all time to get in the ring and prove to the world that he deserves that tag or not!

Excuses are just like you know what!

It would be great if that`s all it took my friend, it should be like the old Mano against Mano--"you think you`re better than me?" mindset. But you know better than that---the insane amounts of money in all pro sports bring about the worst in athletes, promoters, owners, fans etc etc. It`s not a fight anymore--it`s business. And it`s killing sports across the board.
Fighters used to want to fight other fighters so bad they`d have done it in an alley for nothing just to prove to themselves who was best------now they negotiate to fight. Damn shame.

aquariusone
07-29-2010, 06:18 AM
[QUOTE=tacochuck;136928]

Ok, bet is on, Jafo! You win, I throw in Roger M at you, You lose, let's see..... who do you like Paulie Malignaggi? LMAO!