PDA

View Full Version : 97w g19 question

ftaskytv
07-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Hello evry1 o got a streange question, i pointed a 36 dish to 97w with viewsatextreme and i get low signal like 10 to 15, the same channel,but whith kbox pro. i get 45 to 60 any ideas? :Idontgetit:

heavyd1981
07-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Hello evry1 o got a streange question, i pointed a 36 dish to 97w with viewsatextreme and i get low signal like 10 to 15, the same channel,but whith kbox pro. i get 45 to 60 any ideas? :Idontgetit:

Viewsat is weird that way. I recommend you use a different reciever like kbox.

I too used my kbox to pick up galaxy 19 and have 85% Q, but as soon as i plug in my VS Ultra, I get 50% Q.

mydish
07-30-2010, 04:51 PM

Which TP are you using to aim? The Q you have is very low, for both of them. 97W needs you to be very precise in your aiming.

Terryl
07-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Differences in the internal tuner for the LNB input, there are about 6 different types that are stock, and then some manufactures make their own, then its how they take the RSSI voltage to give you a digital display (“S” meter) on the receiver can be done several different ways, it would be nice if there was a standard spec on it that all had to follow.

So its taking an analog voltage (RSSI), converting it to a digital signal (A to D) and then the software required to display it on your screen, it’s different between the same types of receivers too.

The “Q” is done all by internal software as it is the BER (Bit Error Rate) on the conversion from the digital encoded signal and how much FEC (Forward Error Correction) is required to give you a complete picture without pixilation, the lower your “Q” the harder the FEC is working to give you’re your error free picture, it gets too low and you get pixilation or no picture at all (video mute)

ftaskytv
07-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Which TP are you using to aim? The Q you have is very low, for both of them. 97W needs you to be very precise in your aiming.

the TP is 11874 Q almost 100% S 10 to 15% CH teleradio padre pio with viewsatextreme 11874 Q almost 100% S 45 to 65% CH teleradio padre pio with kboxpro.

Terryl
07-30-2010, 05:29 PM
The "S" is kind of low, hummmm what type of coax you using?

RG-6, RG-6 quad, RG-6 with a copper plated steel core, or RG-6 quad with a pure copper core?

The better the coax the higher the "S".

Also the frequency rating on the coax helps, it has to be rated to 2.5 GHz or your "S" is going to drop.

ftaskytv
07-30-2010, 05:37 PM
The "S" is kind of low, hummmm what type of coax you using?

RG-6, RG-6 quad, RG-6 with a copper plated steel core, or RG-6 quad with a pure copper core?

The better the coax the higher the "S".

Also the frequency rating on the coax helps, it has to be rated to 2.5 GHz or your "S" is going to drop.

the coax is(digital RG6/U 3GHz )

Costactc
07-31-2010, 10:09 AM
As Terry mentioned in a previous post the internal tuner of each stb is different. For example, a tp on a vs stb will show a much lower signal quality then on a coolsat. When scanning with the vs you can probably see the channel even with 15% signal quality whereas on a coolsat you need about 65% to see a picture.
Your signal quality is still low, even for a vs. I would suggest you tweak your dish or lnb for optimum signal quality.