PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre reportedly will not return for another season.

KIDWCKED
08-03-2010, 09:57 PM
c/p from espn by the a/p
MANKATO, Minn. -- Brett Favre's spectacular stint with the Minnesota Vikings might be over.

Favre has informed the Vikings he will not return to Minnesota for a second season, according to multiple reports.

Favre has sent text messages to teammates saying, "This is it," league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Neither Favre nor the Vikings has confirmed the news, but a statement is expected later Tuesday, the sources said.

Vikings coach Brad Childress said Tuesday that he has talked to Favre in the past 24 hours, but was unaware of the reports of Favre's apparent decision to retire.

"I'm not a big hearsay person," Childress said. "I've got to hear it from the horse's mouth."

Childress told the NFL Network that the Vikings would be prepared if Favre didn't return.

"The same plays are being installed whether [Favre] was here or the guys that are here are here," Childress said.

After the Vikings completed a morning practice, Childress would not confirm Favre's status with the team and called it a "fluid situation." He told reporters that he had not heard from Favre directly about the decision, but said he could have a message waiting for him from the quarterback.

Scott Van Pelt
Vikings TE Visanthe Shiancoe discusses the mood at Minnesota's training camp and what he's heard about Brett Favre's future. Shiancoe says losing Favre would be a blow to the team and that he expected the veteran QB to return for another season.

With Favre, of course, nothing is ever necessarily final after 19 NFL seasons. He told the Vikings last year he wouldn't play, but changed his mind and joined them immediately after they broke training camp, with Childress even driving to the airport to pick him up. Camp this year ends on Aug. 12.

Owner Zygi Wilf, vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski spent nearly the entire two-hour morning practice in a huddle. All three were unavailable for comment afterward.

"It wouldn't surprise me one way or the other whether he elects to play or whether he elects to retire," Childress said. "I think all of us can live with it either way. The big thing is that he's at peace with it."

Favre and his agent, Bus Cook, did not return messages from The Associated Press.

A family source told the Biloxi Sun Herald on Tuesday that Favre "has not made a commitment to play or a decision to return at this point."

Every Minnesota player asked about Favre after practice reacted with hesitation after three years of answering questions about Favre's future.

johnny cash
08-04-2010, 09:42 AM
And he we go again. The big question, is Favre coming back? As this happens every year now and for the last past what 6 or 7 years. Look folks, he's coming back and this is just how Favre likes is entrance to a new football season, there is nothing new. Favre is one of the many greatest football player of all time, JMO!

swanone
08-04-2010, 01:38 PM
if they just would put a No Training Camp Claus in his contract we wouldnt go thru this every year. i think he doesnt want to do camp anymore and needs the ego boost to get going . Im a Brett fan and always have been and the only man that can stand next to him is Elway . the three of us have won and lost a ton of money together