PDA

View Full Version : The Big Shaq signs for 3mil with Boston Celtics 2yrs.

KIDWCKED
08-04-2010, 11:41 PM
c/p from foxsports by the Boston a/p
BOSTON (AP)
The Big Three of the Boston Celtics are now a Very Big Four.

The Eastern Conference champions signed 7-foot-1, 325-pound Shaquille O'Neal on Wednesday, adding the 15-time All-Star to a team needing his size with center Kendrick Perkins recovering from knee surgery that could sideline him until February.

FOX SPORTS POLL
Shaq makes the Celtics ... Stronger and deeper Older and slower
The deal with the free agent center is for two years and about $3 million, a person with knowledge of the negotiations said on condition of anonymity because no details were released.

O'Neal joins the other three big names — Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen — on a team that went to the seventh game of the NBA finals before losing to the Los Angeles Lakers. Since then, Boston signed center-forward Jermaine O'Neal.

Point guard Rajon Rondo will also be coming off an outstanding postseason.

"I am honored to be joining the Celtics," O'Neal said in a statement issued by the club. "I have played against Paul, Ray, Kevin, Rajon, and Jermaine for many years and it will be great to be able to call them my teammates. I cannot wait to get to Boston to get started in pursuit of another championship."

ameryki
08-05-2010, 12:13 AM
He is an old horse and will go anywhere he will get money at this point in his career.

marlo803
08-05-2010, 02:01 AM
can you blame him.:noidea:

i like shaq.he's a good player and a great person.