PDA

View Full Version : Cotto vs Chavez Jr Clash on December 4 in Las Vegas?

Gamer
08-07-2010, 07:22 PM
c/p By Mark Vester

According to the Las Vegas Review Journal, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum is considering a fight, between WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto and unbeaten Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., for December 4 in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand. No offer has been made as of yet to MGM officials.

"We don't have (Pacquiao-Margarito) for Nevada, so we have to think about another fight," Arum said.

A fight between Chavez Jr. and Cotto has been mentioned by Arum in the last few months. With Manny Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito facing off on November 13, Cotto is left without a big name opponent. Chavez is currently fighting as a middleweight. His trainer Freddie Roach is confident he can still make the junior middleweight limit of 154-pounds to face Cotto.

Chavez has a fight scheduled in Mexico on September 11. Originally Top Rank had planned to match Chavez against Kelly Pavlik on the December 4 date, but they had second thoughts about the fight and plan to do it at a later time.

My comment: I read at spanish site that this fight is a done deal.Fernando beltran promoter has stated that cotto has accepted to fight and it will be at cowboy stadium. My source for this info is univisioncom.

zoink
08-07-2010, 09:42 PM
I expect this fight, to better than PAC vs Margarito, both fighters have a great amount of followers. People also want to see if Chavez jr is the real deal, Cotto's gonna be his toughest fight to date, I don't think it'll disappoint.

aquariusone
08-07-2010, 10:30 PM
I expect this fight, to better than PAC vs Margarito, both fighters have a great amount of followers. People also want to see if Chavez jr is the real deal, Cotto's gonna be his toughest fight to date, I don't think it'll disappoint.

Agree.....and I think it will finally expose Chavez Junior! (On a side note, Pavlik/Chavez? No way, Jose! Chavez would be committing hara-kiri!)

charlesk
08-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I think Chavez is not ready for neather figther, pavlik or cotto it will be to much for him.
Chavez trainers better stop rushing this guy, they want to move him fast, and there will be consecuences.

GOOD LUCK CHAVEZ, YOU WILL NEED IT IF YOU FIGTH ONE OF THIS GUYS.

I WILL LOVE TO SEE YOU WIN. BUT DON'T RUSH.