PDA

View Full Version : Angulo's Manager: Perro Should Have Taken Martinez Deal

Gamer
08-11-2010, 10:43 PM
c/p By Lem Satterfield

Mike Criscio, the manager of junior middleweight contender Alfredo Angulo, believes his fighter should have accepted an offer of $750,000 to face WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez at a catch-weight of 155 or 156-pounds. Angulo made a counter-offer of $1 million dollars, and stood his ground on the requested amount.

Criscio felt the offer was more than fair. Martinez himself had only made $750,000 for his title winning effort over Kelly Pavlik in April. HBO, who were interested in televising the fight, are not happy with the position Angulo took.

"I think that he should have taken the fight. I think that $750,000 is a more than fair offer. In fact, it was a great offer for that fight. There's not many people with 20 or less fights that are making almost $1 million. So, I just think that he should have taken the fight," said Criscio.

"We'll have to wait until next year, I guess. You know, we're kind of screwed right now. I know that HBO is not too happy with him right now."

aquariusone
08-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Amigo, greed is all over the place today especially in sports. Just like Roberto Luongo being paid more than $10 million a year to stop pucks going into the net of the Canucks.

I bet Angulo's doctor does not make more than $500,000 a year! Where is the wisdom in all this? His university professor:no: (if he went to college) is probably not making more than $100,000! And he refused $750,000 for 36 minutes of work? or less?:no::no::no:

KIDWCKED
08-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Sergio Martinez seems at this point worth more than a million$$$But only if he invites the right people to the party..JMO.Peace!