PDA

View Full Version : Chavez Jr. Heading Straight To Cotto, Wolak Fight is Off

Gamer
08-12-2010, 07:03 PM
c/p By Rick Reeno, Lem Satterfield

BoxingScene.com has been informed that Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will not proceed with a scheduled September 11 fight with Pawel Wolak in Mexico. Wolak's manager Ivan Edwards received a call from Top Rank, who informed him that Chavez has not been in the gym and is likely unable to move forward. After some haggling over the money, Wolak agreed to take $75,000, but Edwards is very upset with the recent events.

"I received a call from Top Rank Promotions that they don't think that Chavez is going to make it because he hasn't been in the gym," said Edwards. "My concern is that he doesn't want to fight Wolak because he's not in shape, which I think is totally unprofessional."

Chavez (41-0-1, 30KOs) is being lined up to fight WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto (35-2, 28 KOs) on December 4. Edwards believes the Cotto fight might have played a role in Chavez's withdrawal.

"Maybe he thought that Wolak was going to rough him up and wants to go into the Cotto fight fresh. My problem is that we signed the contract, and he's not injured, but, now, he just decides that he doesn't want to fight," Edwards said.

BoxingScene has been advised by sources in Mexico that Chavez is dealing with some personal family issues, which caused an unexpected delay with his training camp.

Fibroso
08-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Here we go again, Arum,Roach doing things the way they please. Violating contracts is like taking candy from a baby. Boxing commission my eye..................:censored:

zoink
08-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Here we go again, Arum,Roach doing things the way they please. Violating contracts is like taking candy from a baby. Boxing commission my eye..................:censored:

I think they're using that as a cop-out, I guess they noticed that Wolack could be a threat and they don't want to ruin the super fight with Cotto.