PDA

View Full Version : UFC champ St-Pierre motivated by Koscheck's trash talk

KIDWCKED
08-12-2010, 11:49 PM
c/p from Tsn by the Canadienpress.

TORONTO -- In Georges St-Pierre's mind, being a champion means always acting with class and professionalism.

But the charismatic and articulate UFC welterweight champion admits trash-talking Josh Koscheck is getting into his head with his personal attacks against the 29-year-old Montreal native. And St-Pierre is using it as motivation in preparation for his title defence against the brash challenger in December.

"I always train hard and never underestimate my opponent but when you have a guy who says a lot of bad things, and I'm not going to hide it, a lot of stupid things about me and tries to insult me it gives me extra motivation," said St-Pierre, in Toronto to take part in a symposium conducted by Gatorade, one of his sponsors. "He's thinking that he's getting into my head but getting into my head for a fight is a good thing because I think about him all the time.

"It's extra motivation and that's a good thing."

Not that St-Pierre needs it. He's currently ranked as the world's top welterweight by numerous MMA publications and last year won Fighter of the Year at the world MMA awards.

But the outspoken Koscheck (15-4 MMA, 13-4 UFC) has wasted no time providing St-Pierre (20-2 MMA, 15-2 UFC) with bulletin board material since earning the title shot with a victory in May over Paul Daley in UFC 113.

Shortly after the win over Daley, Koscheck discussed accusations within mixed martial arts that the muscular five-foot-10, 170-pound St-Pierre had experimented with steroids and said he'd be in favour of submitting random blood tests to make sure both fighters are clean heading into their fight.

Koscheck quickly apologized for his remarks.

Then earlier this month, Koscheck said on Twitter he had "a frenchy's ass to kick."

"This is personal stuff," St-Pierre said. "I believe as a professional you should not say something like that.

Nicklaurin
08-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Well, Josh was wrong about his hockey team beating montreal, And I am sure He is wrong about beating st pierre too.
Josh is gonna be made a silly fool........