PDA

View Full Version : washing machine problem

weather1213
08-13-2010, 06:45 AM
i have a kitchen aid washer model kawe570balo /// serial cd1203596 that fills up on wash cyclr but will not do anything but if you put on rinse cycle it files with water and works fine spins and all but not on wash cycle any suggestings

funya
08-13-2010, 07:11 AM
Does it drain? <br />
One time my washer was doing something simular and I paid a guy to come out and look at it. Charged me $50 and took apart the hose that connected the spin drum to the drain pump and...

weather1213
08-13-2010, 08:21 PM
it works on rinse and spines the water out it does not work when you put on wash cycle it fills with water but will not aggitate but you can hear timmer working

jazzman
08-13-2010, 08:58 PM
If this is an older machine you may need a new timer. I've taken timers apart before and cleaned the contacts and got by a while longer...

barry_allen
08-17-2010, 11:38 AM
i know this reply is kinda late but it is a snag from the sunset book about home repair and is troubleshooting for a clothes washer.

LoginFreak
08-20-2010, 02:36 PM
There are a couple of things that can cause this type of problem.

One is the motor. These motors are reversing motors. So one way will make it spin and the other will make it agitate.
When you put it on the rinse part of the cycle does it agitate or just spin?

Often times I have seen one wire at the motor block short out and not make good contact. We would just take the wire out and replace the connector but those connectors are not easy to find.

The other thing that can cause this as was mentioned is the timer.
But depending on the age of the washer you might not be able to take this timer apart.

The model number is not coming up on the whirlpool site so I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem.

First thing to do would be to check the connections at the motor if it's not agitating at all. If it is agitating then I would suspect the timer is the problem.

barry_allen
08-20-2010, 02:47 PM
this site gives some pretty good advice on repair as well as a background on the operation of a clothes washer:

http://www.apwagner.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=5