PDA

View Full Version : Chavez Should Fight Before Facing Cotto, Says Trampler

Gamer
08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
c/p By Lem Satterfield

Bruce Trampler, Top Rank's Hall of Fame matchmaker, does not agree with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. stepping away from a scheduled fight with Pawel Wolak for September 11, and heading straight to a showdown with Miguel Cotto for the WBA 154-pound title on December 4.

Trampler believes the fight with Wolak would have been a good experience for the unbeaten star from Mexico, but Chavez may have reached a point in his career where he only wants the big fights. Sources in Mexico indicate that Chavez is dealing with some family issues.

"I'm not sure what the reason is. I don't agree with it. I know that Freddie Roach would have liked him to have one or two more fights before taking on Miguel Cotto," said Trampler. "But I think that the kid is bound and determined to only fight the big fights. I think that a fight against Wolak would have benefitted him."

Fibroso
08-14-2010, 01:40 AM
c/p By Lem Satterfield

Bruce Trampler, Top Rank's Hall of Fame matchmaker, does not agree with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. stepping away from a scheduled fight with Pawel Wolak for September 11, and heading straight to a showdown with Miguel Cotto for the WBA 154-pound title on December 4.

Trampler believes the fight with Wolak would have been a good experience for the unbeaten star from Mexico, but Chavez may have reached a point in his career where he only wants the big fights. Sources in Mexico indicate that Chavez is dealing with some family issues.

"I'm not sure what the reason is. I don't agree with it. I know that Freddie Roach would have liked him to have one or two more fights before taking on Miguel Cotto," said Trampler. "But I think that the kid is bound and determined to only fight the big fights. I think that a fight against Wolak would have benefitted him."

Sounds to me like a cover up, Roach said that Cotto was done, that he didn't deserve a rematch with Pac. This is the reason he's having Chaves (his plan B) fight Cotto. If he losses to Cotto, and he will, they have the excuse for the lost.