Tanya Talaga <br />
Robert Benzie <br />
Rob Ferguson Queen's Park Bureau <br />
Related <br />
<br />
* Why you pay so much for hydro <br />
* T.O. users face suit cost <br />
<br />
The system for reading homeowners’ smart meters,...

andyb2
08-19-2010, 04:28 PM
"The amounts could be as little as three to five cents, he added"
Add up the pennies by the thousands of customers and those pennies become dollars real quick.

"“We’ve had to invest heavily in building energy supply to ensure families and businesses have enough supply to meet their needs,” he said."

You havent built a damn thing in years,just shut them down.Pickering/Bruce is allways under reno's too.Dont think it has ever run full.

easily confused
08-19-2010, 08:50 PM
&quot;You havent built a damn thing in years,just shut them down.Pickering/Bruce is allways under reno's too.Dont think it has ever run full.&quot; <br />
<br />
Now, now, andyb2, you must realize that they have built up...

profit
08-20-2010, 04:16 AM
The Smart Meters are only good for 5 years, at apr $850.00 per Meter.

marcelect
08-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Ontario is doing the same has Quebec did with electricity.Rip off citizens to cash in for there pockets.Imagine,Quebec raised from 5 to 7.5 cents a KW plus tax,wich is very low,but Ontario has a complicated billing system where power you use is 7.5 cents plus transport plus a dept retirement (Hydro Ontario) plus taxes.It ends up costing the client 18 cents a KW! Now that's what I call acconting lawyers in action! Even if they bought their power from Quebec,who as plenty,at 3cents a KW in bulk,They would still rip you off.

whoknows
08-20-2010, 11:51 AM
The Smart Meters are only good for 5 years, at apr $850.00 per Meter.

It would be nice to know how much is costs to make this 850 dollar meter. It would also be nice to know who owns the company and then markets the meters back to hydro. ///\\\These companies know how to put it too us. My hydro one bill was on average 75 bucks in 2000(new home) . There is just me and my wife, couple of lights on plus the tv and a computer. My hydro one bill in 2010 now averages 185.00. Oh ya, forgot to mention it is one of those smart meters.

DAISYMAE
08-20-2010, 01:22 PM
I can't wait to get solar and wind generating electricity for me so I can tell Hydro to get bent and save my $200+/month. And I'm not taking out a mortgage for the system either, piece by piece.:yes:

ft@t@lk™
08-20-2010, 01:28 PM
solar and wind electricty if generated by these big energy corporations....will never be free

unless you do it yourself...

easily confused
08-20-2010, 04:05 PM
solar and wind electricty if generated by these big energy corporations....will never be free

unless you do it yourself...

So right ft@t@lk. People have become a bit too complacent with regards to electricity and now sit back and lament about prices thinking there is nothing they can do. Lots of things that can be done but much of it revolves around rethinking how you use electricity and rethinking priorities. Neither wind nor solar, by themselves are practical from a financial standpoint but, if you are in the country, some solar panels, a small wind turbine (or two) and a diesel generator will work. Diesel generator in the 6.5 to 7.5 Kw size runs $1000 to $1500 including the generator head and 12 to 15hp diesel motor. Don't forget, these can be set up to burn old vegetable oil collected from chip stand, restaurants etc. I bought a 6.5 generator head that arrived a week and a half ago and I was ready to go until I opened the box and found the casing broken. I am now waiting for the replacement head. If this works well. I will build another one, as a backup. Shut off the main breaker inn the house and feed the house from the panel box in the barn with a room specifically built for the generator with a preheat to bring the vegetable oil up to temperature for the motor. Then it is just a case of testing the system to ensure the generator is big enough for my requirements. If not, bigger head and motor. If all is ok, I will promptly tell Hydro One where they put the smart meter

profit
08-20-2010, 10:37 PM
It would be nice to know how much is costs to make this 850 dollar meter. It would also be nice to know who owns the company and then markets the meters back to hydro. ///\\\These companies know how to put it too us. My hydro one bill was on average 75 bucks in 2000(new home) . There is just me and my wife, couple of lights on plus the tv and a computer. My hydro one bill in 2010 now averages 185.00. Oh ya, forgot to mention it is one of those smart meters.

A person very close to me works for Hydro one, in management position.

The whole meaning with the Smart meters is, that eventually they want to able to read your meter on there computers in the office. they are going
to put a device on the Hydro poll next to your house.But what they didn't
count on was ,that those meters only last Apr 5 years,I just hope that
we the consummers dont have to pay for the next meter.

andyb2
08-20-2010, 11:41 PM
I'll buy a case of beer for the first guy who hacks it so I only pay what I really use.

profit
08-21-2010, 12:20 AM
In the Netherlands they put a lot of wind turbines near the Amsterdam

Schiphol airport about 1/2 km away from the houses.

a lot of people strarted to complain about different kinds of health problems.

They had to move them further away from the houses.I belief it said

5 km.