PDA

View Full Version : need help

jp12345
08-21-2010, 02:23 PM
i have a ibm laptop os is xp every time i move my laptop i would get a blank screen. I have to turn it off and on again. Same thing it will turn on but if i move it the screen turns blank.

thanks

jp

Glatt
08-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Turns out is something to do with excessive charge stored within the components of the laptop. In this situation there is a failsafe that will stop current going to different parts and being the...

jp12345
08-21-2010, 10:01 PM
i have done this but to no avail.

any other advise

thanks

jp

barry_allen
08-22-2010, 03:00 AM
you mention a blank screen but is there hard drive activity or can you open the optical drive?

i wonder if you have a bad contact with the power supply.

does adjusting the power plug or cord have the same effect as moving the laptop?

you don't mention tilting the screen and having this issue so i don't think it has to do with inverter connections but i have been wrong before...

jp12345
08-22-2010, 07:30 AM
if you move the laptop yur get a blank screen but at the back ground the laptop is still running?

thanks
jp

cmdryker
08-22-2010, 08:10 AM
if it stops going black then you know the issue in inverter or back-lighting..) or a connection issue on the board

Chris_McAloney
09-11-2010, 01:51 AM
A lot of IBM laptops are known for an issue with the ATI video chips in them.When they came from factory the soldering job wasn`t done great and after a period of time the screen will go black.Sometimes pressing just above the touchpad will bring the screen back.If this is the case then I would believe the video card in the laptop is ATI chipset.Google IBM and screen blacking out.There are some step by step procedures to fix this issue requiring a heat gun so you can reflow the solder on the board to get the video chip a better connection.IBM Thinkpads T4X series are the worst ones for this issue.