PDA

View Full Version : Which type of lnb is da best to use with fta receiver to aim at DIK?

ftaaddictor
08-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Never used dik pro or any other dish lnb to test. I only used standard circular lnb. Somehow I really the quality on NFL and FOX SPORT WORLD channel are out of quality expectation. I tested other accessories, they all fine(cable, switch, lnb, dish, view to install dish).
My concern is: IF we used Dishwork LNB, will we get better picture quality?

So far the best way to improve quality and the way to watch tv without headache, I watch it with 7 inches TV screen. But when watch it with Big screen and high resolution TV. The motion is blurry, slow. I try many different tv same result. I think the video chip set(RAM) of all FTA receivers to to be improve to get a better quality picture on DIK.

Mavrick
08-21-2010, 06:02 PM
The type of LNB you use will have little affect on the TV picture. Picture quality will have more to do with the type of receiver you are using along with the type of video cable you use.

What kind of receiver and cables are you using?

Terryl
08-21-2010, 06:08 PM
The brand or manufacturer of LNB shouldn’t make a difference, the quality of the LNB might, (cheap one made in some dark cave) if the noise floor is too high (.6 dB or worse) it could cause pixilation but not a blurry picture on the TV, if you are using the RF output on the receiver it can possibly be blurry due to a bad or wrong type of coax, the same goes for the video output, using audio cables for video could do this, the same for component video, audio cables are the wrong impedance for the video signal, the video cables are usually marked with a yellow connector (RCA) component video cables are usually 3 cables in 1 bundle with Red Green and Blue connectors, the audio cables are usually Red/White connectors.

Too long a run of the video can cause problems also; don’t run the video over 25 feet especially with cheap cables.

This is a digital signal, the picture quality is not going to change if the incoming RF signal is too weak (to a point) it is more than likely a bad cable or the receivers video output it’s self could be the problem, my CoolSat 8000 has a very good picture but it has an HDMI output.

So things to try, get the correct type of cable (if it’s the wrong type) get a higher quality cable (if your run is too long) or try a different receiver, and the last thing to try is a DVD player or VCR to see if the TV has a problem with that input.

ftaaddictor
08-21-2010, 07:02 PM
The type of LNB you use will have little affect on the TV picture. Picture quality will have more to do with the type of receiver you are using along with the type of video cable you use.

What kind of receiver and cables are you using?

Trust this one on me. I have test my cables-TVs-Switch. I also brought out some tv, some satellite boxes on the roof near the dishes and hook it up. Same result on channel 149 and 154. Piture appeared with rectangles after motions. The only thing will make it look better is I try with 7" TV. The bigger TV the bigger problem you will see. I also test with same cable but with the DTV sub. If appeared nothing wrong with the new RG 6 cable. The only channel that excellent is channel 101. with viewable with IKS. Will IKS affected picture quality?

I'm a really FTA addictor. I check everything. replace new F connector too. I also try with different standard LNB. also with different dish. Nothing wrong with the receivers(coolsat, svhd 8000, sv elite,premium, ilink9000plus, viewsat MAX hd, cnx trio, satzen 500.

Any way, can you guys let me know how is your quality picture on channel 149, 140, 154.....NFL, ESPN, FSworld soccer

Belieive me my dish is big, quality are 90-100. you can see my pic of dishes in the thread how to install 110, 119, 129 in dish an picture discusion section.

The Wufman
08-21-2010, 07:53 PM
have you tried using red/yellow/white rf cables instead of coax to connect to tv...better picture quality in most cases;especially with coolsat and sonicview receivers;not sure about the others you listed above...I have RG6 coming from dish/lnbs to receiver and use the rf cables to connect to my 60" tv...have excellent picture using a captive Works on it at present

Terryl
08-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Hummmm after looking at your photos all I can see is that the two dishes may be too close to each other, (DN behind Dave) if the one dish can see the others LNB’s you could be picking up spurious RF from its LO, (it is possible, seen it a lot on other installs) these LNB's are not that well shielded, to test this try a total power down of the Dave dish receivers, then look thru the channels you are having problems with on DN, if things improve you need more separation between the dishes, (or a differant location for one) if not then I’m back to scratching my head….

Terryl
08-21-2010, 08:07 PM
One last question, is that siding on the house aluminum?

Mavrick
08-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Trust this one on me. I have test my cables-TVs-Switch. I also brought out some tv, some satellite boxes on the roof near the dishes and hook it up. Same result on channel 149 and 154. Piture appeared with rectangles after motions. The only thing will make it look better is I try with 7" TV. The bigger TV the bigger problem you will see. I also test with same cable but with the DTV sub. If appeared nothing wrong with the new RG 6 cable. The only channel that excellent is channel 101. with viewable with IKS. Will IKS affected picture quality?

I'm a really FTA addictor. I check everything. replace new F connector too. I also try with different standard LNB. also with different dish. Nothing wrong with the receivers(coolsat, svhd 8000, sv elite,premium, ilink9000plus, viewsat MAX hd, cnx trio, satzen 500.

Any way, can you guys let me know how is your quality picture on channel 149, 140, 154.....NFL, ESPN, FSworld soccer

Belieive me my dish is big, quality are 90-100. you can see my pic of dishes in the thread how to install 110, 119, 129 in dish an picture discusion section.

This might be your problem (in red), it sounds like you are getting pixilation even tho your signal shows 90-100. Since you have tried other receivers and equipment then my guess would be something is interfering with the signal itself. Are you aiming through or near any power-lines at all? And is your system grounded?

ftaaddictor
08-22-2010, 12:32 AM
ok....let me answer No to all what you think that I did wrong.
1. Did I ground my dish, switch?
yes.
2. how long is my cable?
50 ft. (just replace new with new f connector (water roof)).
3. what kind of video cable did i used?
component cable (quality one with gold lead) an HDMI (good one).
4. I used coolsat, sv800hd, cnx to test picture quality.
5. is the wall of the building is metal?
No. plastic.

Same result on my issue( channel 140, 149, 154(worse), 169, etc more).

and this time. I just installed new dish, bought it from the metal picker 5 bucks (slimeline with 110 and 119 stand lnb quality is excellent)

I took all picture of what I just answer all the step I did. I will upload pictures up soon.

Terryl
08-22-2010, 01:18 AM
ok....let me answer No to all what you think that I did wrong.
1. Did I ground my dish, switch?
yes.
2. how long is my cable?
50 ft. (just replace new with new f connector (water roof)). <<<****(see below)
3. what kind of video cable did i used?
component cable (quality one with gold lead) an HDMI (good one).
4. I used coolsat, sv800hd, cnx to test picture quality.
5. is the wall of the building is metal?
No. plastic.

Same result on my issue( channel 140, 149, 154(worse), 169, etc more).

and this time. I just installed new dish, bought it from the metal picker 5 bucks (slimeline with 110 and 119 stand lnb quality is excellent)

I took all picture of what I just answer all the step I did. I will upload pictures up soon.

**** Did you get cable rated for satellite??

Some coax will only work for CATV and wont work too good for satellite, it should say swept or rated to 2.5 GHz. (or better)

And have you tried the channels your having problems with when the DTV receiver is turned off (AC power unplugged at the receiver for the dish in front of yours)

ftaaddictor
08-22-2010, 01:20 AM
have you tried using red/yellow/white rf cables instead of coax to connect to tv...better picture quality in most cases;especially with coolsat and sonicview receivers;not sure about the others you listed above...I have RG6 coming from dish/lnbs to receiver and use the rf cables to connect to my 60" tv...have excellent picture using a captive Works on it at present

yes. This is better, decrease slow motion and rectangles. In my conclusion for today of testing which setup new dish, new cable, new switch. I have gain knowledge with IKS that we have to used Composite cable(yellow, red white) for standard TV 480i. The smaller TV, the better picture we will get, the less slow motion and rectangles. But it seem only happen to channels that I mention above. Weido, But with other channels, component and HDMI seem alot better, the color is more.

Finally word, IKS is eating RAM of recievers or they are not meet the standard. This is point where the manufacture need to improve and make a better receivers.

ftaaddictor
08-22-2010, 01:24 AM
**** Did you get cable rated for satellite??

Some coax will only work for CATV and wont work too good for satellite, it should say swept or rated to 2.5 GHz. (or better)

And have you tried the channels your having problems with when the DTV receiver is turned off (AC power unplugged at the receiver for the dish in front of yours)

I installed new dish on the roof, far away from those two. My cable is said RG6 quad shield, 75 ohm(bought it from home depot). I will upload my pics later or tomorrow. Tonight, I'm going to others houses to test.

Terryl
08-22-2010, 01:55 AM
But they sell RG-6 quad for CATV work also, (950 MHz max) check the coax it has to be marked "Swept to 2.5 GHz" or better.

Terryl
08-22-2010, 02:08 AM
yes. This is better, decrease slow motion and rectangles. In my conclusion for today of testing which setup new dish, new cable, new switch. I have gain knowledge with IKS that we have to used Composite cable(yellow, red white) for standard TV 480i. The smaller TV, the better picture we will get, the less slow motion and rectangles. But it seem only happen to channels that I mention above. Weido, But with other channels, component and HDMI seem alot better, the color is more.

Finally word, IKS is eating RAM of recievers or they are not meet the standard. This is point where the manufacture need to improve and make a better receivers.

They cant.

The receivers work just fine on the FTA satellites (what they were designed to do) and that's all they can do, they cant make a receiver that is to be used only for receiving DN or BEV channels, (via IKS or other means) the FCC (and others) would stomp on them hard. (all RF receivers in the US have to submit to the FCC for type approval and part 15.)

JCO
08-22-2010, 02:17 AM
My question is your quality of 90-100 is attained usng which receiver to aim the dish?? If you used the nano its meters are not good for dish aiming..
Check your quality using the coolsat , the meter is good on that receiver..

ftaaddictor
08-22-2010, 11:01 AM
I agree with Terryl. I used Sub dave to test the cable, zinwell switch on the line that I used for 110, 119. The picture quality come in good, no slow motion, no diamond or rectangle. But when I used with IKS all of my FTA boxes (SV, CNX, Coolsat, SAtzen, Ilink, etc doesn't meet the standard quality. Only free channel is meet FCC standard channel 101.)

Jcol, I used coolsat 6000 to aim for signal with brand new dish installation(check my pick). This time is on the roof. All my quality is 97-100. It took me only 30 second to lock both birds. CNX quality can only going up to 95.
Coolsat box is the best box to look for signal.

The only way to make the picture better is using COMPOSITE CABLE(YELLOW, RED, WHITE) and the smaller side of screen. The piture is pefected with 7'' screen. 480i cable should used with 480i screen tv.

ON some channels I mention above. NFL, 149. My opion, do not used other cable to watch these channels. It will give you a big headache.

I took me a few month to figure out this problem. Try everything else, but it the end is the (RED, White, Yellow) MUST be used with IKS SD tv.

new slime dish=5 dollars.
lnb=2 bucks each.....................I bought these accessories from MEXICANO Metal Pickers. WHAT A DEAL

ftaaddictor
08-22-2010, 11:27 AM
But they sell RG-6 quad for CATV work also, (950 MHz max) check the coax it has to be marked "Swept to 2.5 GHz" or better.

AH......I will look farther into details of the RG6 cable. How do you test a frequency of the cable?

I tested the resistance, it seem fine 73 OHM