PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Stones Retiring ???

The Cobra
09-19-2010, 02:29 PM
Rolling Stones Retiring ???

Cobra.....
Be still my aging heart----supposedly it`s just another bizarre rumor. But the good thing is that they are doing another world tour--which means I`ll see the greatest band in rock & roll history at least one or two more times--I`ve seen them 16 times to date from the tender age of 19 in 1969 to the Bigger Bang Tour in 2007. It wouldn`t be fit for this band to retire---strange to say but it would be more fitting for one of them to " go out" while performing. Simply put--they are and were the best rock has ever offered, clearly the throne belongs to them.
One more time !!! as we`ve all been saying for many years now--and they still can bring it and give us our "satisfaction"--

Jul 26 2010 10:15 AM ET

Rolling Stones rumor control: They're not retiring (but should they be?)
by Simon Vozick-Levinson

The Web was abuzz this weekend with rumors that the rock legends are about to pack it in, all based on an anonymously sourced story in The Sun claiming that their next world tour will be their last. “Stones to stop Rolling,” the U.K. tabloid observed. “Time no longer on their side.”

Only one problem: Despite those witty captions, the report is bogus. “Not true,” said the Stones’ rep when asked by EW if the band is planning to retire.

Stones fans can rest easy for now. Still, this rumor got the traction it did for a reason. These guys have been performing for decades. Personally, I think they should keep rocking until it becomes a physical impossibility. As long as there are people out there who want to see them in concert, why shouldn’t they? But perhaps you’ll disagree. Are you glad the Stones aren’t retiring yet? If they don’t call it a day now, when should they?

http://www.topnews.in/usa/files/The%20Rolling%20Stones.jpg

buford
09-20-2010, 01:10 PM
i think their retirement home requires them to be in by 8pm. boy! i'd hate to see them driving after dark!!!!!! :laughat:

The Cobra
09-20-2010, 08:05 PM
i think their retirement home requires them to be in by 8pm. boy! i'd hate to see them driving after dark!!!!!! :laughat:

I`ll tell them to be quiet when they get in so they won`t wake you. LMAO

alexxx2003
11-17-2010, 04:59 AM
its time to them

alexxx2003
11-17-2010, 05:00 AM
i like the dong ummmm

alexxx2003
11-17-2010, 05:00 AM
i dont remember sorry!

wes block
11-17-2010, 06:03 AM
I remember seeing that same headline in about 1989 (maybe) for 'steel wheels' - that final tour

hahahhahahahahahaha
:tehe::tehe::tehe:

JCO
11-17-2010, 09:31 AM
I doubt it will be their last tour, I see these guys continue till their last days.. John Lee Hooker was into his 90's before he quit touring.. With the advances in wheelchair design Mick, Keith and the gang will continue to Roll for a long time.:wheelchair::wheelchair::wheelchair:

fifties
11-17-2010, 11:00 AM
So one fine morning this frog went hopping into the local branch of a small mid-western town bank, and up to the tellers cage, behind which stood the teller, Patty Wack.

"I would like to make a loan", said the frog, to which the teller replied, "I am sorry, but we don't make loans to frogs".

"Oh, but I am no ordinary frog", he responded. "My last name is Jagger, and I have collateral", as he produced a small porcelain Elephant, which he handed to her.

The befuddled teller excused herself, and hurried into the bank president's office, where she described the events, and handed him the tiny Elephant. He looked it over curiously, and then responded;

"Knick knak Paddy Wack

give the frog a loan,

his ol' man's a Rolling Stone!"

whiplash
11-19-2010, 03:05 AM
Why should they retire, unless they tire of doing the shows. God knows they have enuff $$$ . However as long as they can sell a ticket, ROCK ON BOYS.

whiteheather
11-19-2010, 03:46 AM
i't's about time they retired, I thought i was going to use euthanasia on them, there older than dirt....yes you guessed it, I'm not a Stones Fan.................:no:////......:comfort1:

TPB
11-19-2010, 05:49 AM
Rolling Stones Retiring ???

http://www.topnews.in/usa/files/The%20Rolling%20Stones.jpg

Check out the eyeballs, they're definitely still rolling :tehe:

mrgreg
11-19-2010, 11:49 AM
These guys need to retire because they sure can't sing!

JCO
11-19-2010, 12:16 PM
These guys need to retire because they sure can't sing!

Keith Richards cant keep a beat , but thats what contributes to his style..

Turdblossom
11-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Keith Richards cant keep a beat , but thats what contributes to his style..

50 years of smack will do that to you.

And Keith can't afford to retire, he sold off all his royalties to get drug money, so now he is basically an employee.

JCO
11-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Check out the eyeballs, they're definitely still rolling :tehe:

Only the best for the bad boy,s of rock and roll...:thumbsup:

marlo803
11-23-2010, 02:15 AM
they will retire the day after Joe Paterno does.that's not a rumor:no::tehe:

chuck
11-23-2010, 02:42 AM
retire? from what... touring? ok...sounds good, i won't miss them. anyways they may as well.....havn't had a hit song for 30 years..bwahhhhhhh