PDA

View Full Version : Title hopes end? Bowyer docked 150 points by Nascar.

KIDWCKED
09-22-2010, 10:09 PM
c/p from foxsports.
Updated Sep 22, 2010 5:35 PM ET
NASCAR officials have penalized Clint Bowyer and his Richard Childress Racing team 150 Sprint Cup points for violations on the driver’s race-winning car from New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

Bowyer led the most laps and won the race, but an Associated Press report Wednesday morning said the car was undergoing more review at the research and development center.
Latest on Clint Bowyer Just don't get caught!!

Clint Bowyer's in, now he has to 'Chase' some wins.
Bowyer and his team were warned Tuesday that their car from the previous race at Richmond International Raceway was close to the tolerances.

The penalty drops Bowyer from second in the standings to 12th, 185 points behind leader Denny Hamlin.

The No. 33 Chevrolet was penalized for “car body location specifications in reference to the certified chassis did not meet NASCAR-approved specifications” of the 2010 NASCAR rule book.

Crew chief Shane Wilson has been fined $150,000, suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup events, suspended from NASCAR until Nov. 3 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Car chief Chad Haney has also been suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup events, suspended from NASCAR until Nov. 3 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Team owner Richard Childress has also been penalized with the loss of 150 championship driver and owner points, respectively.

At an appearance shortly before the penalty was announced, Bowyer said that he had only recently been made aware of the situation and did not have any idea exactly what was going on with the car.

“I have no idea. I show up on Friday, I bring my helmet and HANS and get in the car," he said. "Anything that happens Monday to Friday, I don’t know. I’ve been working on my dirt cars all week. I know we won the race this weekend, and it was a lot of fun. We led the most laps and won the race. The guys work hard in the shop to build fair, fast race cars. Besides that, I don’t know what’s going on.”

Richard Childress Racing plans to appeal the fine. Team sources say competition director Scott Miller will be the interim crew chief.

marlo803
09-23-2010, 12:01 AM
i can't believe somebody in nascar is cheating:tehe::innocent::tehe:

publicraven
09-23-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey Dish Doc, does this change the icing on our little contest?

Dish Doctor
09-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey Dish Doc, does this change the icing on our little contest?

Glad you asked that question pr so everyone knows, but we took that into consideration when writing up the rules for the pool...

Link to the NASCAR Pool rules....

http://www.satfix.net/showthread.php?t=10769

...and here is a quote from Rule #10.

10) At the end of each race, you will be alloted the points of your drivers for that week. In an effort to quickly post results after each race, you will not be penilized points if your driver happens to be disciplined by NASCAR and has any points deducted that week.

...so to answer your question, no it will not change the icing on the cake. ;)

publicraven
09-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks Bro.... QUAL tonight

handfore
10-28-2010, 06:52 AM
c/p from foxsports.
Updated Sep 22, 2010 5:35 PM ET
NASCAR officials have penalized Clint Bowyer and his Richard Childress Racing team 150 Sprint Cup points for violations on the driver’s race-winning car from New Hampshire Motor Speedway.

Bowyer led the most laps and won the race, but an Associated Press report Wednesday morning said the car was undergoing more review at the research and development center.
Latest on Clint Bowyer Just don't get caught!!

Clint Bowyer's in, now he has to 'Chase' some wins.
Bowyer and his team were warned Tuesday that their car from the previous race at Richmond International Raceway was close to the tolerances.

The penalty drops Bowyer from second in the standings to 12th, 185 points behind leader Denny Hamlin.

The No. 33 Chevrolet was penalized for “car body location specifications in reference to the certified chassis did not meet NASCAR-approved specifications” of the 2010 NASCAR rule book.

Crew chief Shane Wilson has been fined $150,000, suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup events, suspended from NASCAR until Nov. 3 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Car chief Chad Haney has also been suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup events, suspended from NASCAR and all nascar experiences (http://www.racingadventure.com/) until Nov. 3 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Team owner Richard Childress has also been penalized with the loss of 150 championship driver and owner points, respectively.

At an appearance shortly before the penalty was announced, Bowyer said that he had only recently been made aware of the situation and did not have any idea exactly what was going on with the car.

“I have no idea. I show up on Friday, I bring my helmet and HANS and get in the car," he said. "Anything that happens Monday to Friday, I don’t know. I’ve been working on my dirt cars all week. I know we won the race this weekend, and it was a lot of fun. We led the most laps and won the race. The guys work hard in the shop to build fair, fast race cars. Besides that, I don’t know what’s going on.”

Richard Childress Racing plans to appeal the fine. Team sources say competition director Scott Miller will be the interim crew chief.

Never knew that rule 10 could mean so many things :)