PDA

View Full Version : whats the size? :)

risk
09-26-2010, 11:32 PM
i would like to know the outter diameter size of the tube on this feed horn (the section which you adjust the f/d)

thanks guys. . .

Terryl
09-26-2010, 11:49 PM
??? "C" band ??? 65mm sounds about right, (40mm for some "Ku"band LNB's) that one could be 25mm, know anyone with a dial caliper?

Lookie here.......Click to enlarge the photo of the mechanical spec's.

http://www.globalinvacom.com/products/adf-120.php

risk
09-27-2010, 01:23 AM
seems to be even a bit smaller than 25mm, it kindda steps down goin into the scalar ring there.

risk
09-27-2010, 10:23 AM
why i was asking is because with my 12' im tryin to figure out the best way for me to go to get ku (cp/lp) and c band. . .

i have an ADL feed lying around (pic1) and some c band LNBs, but im tryin to utilize the ku port for it and i found this on there site (pic2) but i was thinkin of usin the invacom QPF-031 lnb and there feedhorn but with this i can only get cp/lp ku band, i wanted some c band in the mix i know i will now loose my circular c band but its a small price. . .but it would have been great to use the quad polar invacom so that i can have c band and cp/lp ku band :D

OR should i just go ahead and buy the invacom setup and do the machine work to make it fit like the dn/dtv lnb?

Terryl
09-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Why dont you get this LNB?

http://www.cyberestore.com/satellite/lnbs/bsc621-2d-dedicated-c-and-ku-band-lnb.html

Terryl
09-27-2010, 07:02 PM
One other thing, is the 12 footer setup to be used on "Ku" band?

The dish is more then likely a mesh dish am I right?

If it is then take a standard size wood pencil and see if you can slip it between the grids on the dish, if you can it may be only for "C" band, if you cant then the dish will work for "Ku".

risk
09-27-2010, 09:23 PM
hey terry. . .yes my dish is mesh and good for ku reception.

that lnbf you posted, do i need to be poppin in and out a dielectric plate?

i did a small search but no info on that weather it uses one or not comes up.

if this is the case and it uses this plate i wont be able to use it because my dish is mounted way above the roof and even then i stand behind the dish so i wont be able to get to the plate to remove/insert it if needed.

Terryl
09-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Ahhh then it's not what you need, it requires the plate for circular use.

risk
09-27-2010, 09:44 PM
ok. . .o man i thought i had an easy way out lol

so in your opinion my best bet is to use the feed i posted up and the invacom?