PDA

View Full Version : Wavefrontier T-90 help please

dale1010dog
10-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Hello I have this dish and cant seem to hit the sats. I tried emailing wave frontier to get adjustments but they dont email back. this pan has the reflector so Its different than other pans anyone have this type that can help please and thanks. I found a site that says elevation is 30 but tried that and nothing trying to hit 110 or 119 first have no switch hooked up and tv outside on the roof with old DN receiver to get signal.

dale1010dog
10-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Gonna go on roof to play again any help or ideas please

dale1010dog
10-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Just tried for an hour no luck there has to be something wrong....

dale1010dog
10-02-2010, 10:50 PM
can someone tell me what the reverse polarity lnbs do thats what im using but still nothing help please................................

Mavrick
10-02-2010, 10:53 PM
can someone tell me what the reverse polarity lnbs do thats what im using but still nothing help please................................

This thread explains it.......

http://satfix.net/showthread.php?t=33412

Terryl
10-02-2010, 11:50 PM
T-90 thats a bit big for the roof...........

You have to make sure the dish is level or it wont work right

dale1010dog
10-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Thanks everyone its level and I did go on the site mentioned and using the settings but no signal.

dale1010dog
10-03-2010, 12:59 AM
someone else had a post somewhere that the settings werent correct on that site so im wondering about that..

Bowhunters
10-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Terryl is correct that its a good sized dish but its actually very light weight, I put my T-90 on a pole in the ground because where I live we get a lot of strong North and South winds and we get a lot of thunderstorms with wind in the spring.

I found this dish to be a bit quirky setting up for elevation the first time because the dish is almost facing 'straight ahead' or parralel to the ground, the sat's signals have to go over the top of the second 'reflector' dish in order to hit the primary dish so if you set the dish elevation like you would for a normal small dish the secondary reflector will block the signals from reaching the main dish so if you angle it up at the sky like other dishes then that is likely your mistake.

In the pdf. below find the 'yellow' elevation angle finder for the dish elevation reading and set it on the back exactly like you see it in the picture with the thick parts of the device facing down and back behind the dish and facing this side of the dish, then adjust your dish to your elevation setting specified for the Torroidal, unless you live far south like mexico or south america the dish will look to be aimed way too low but thats where you want it. - .wavefrontier.us/materials/T90%20Easy%20Guide.pdf

On LNB's the reception is actually pretty generous, the dish is large and reflects a good signal to the reflector and due to the bend in the reflector dish the LNB can be off some on the bar and still get a strong signal especially on strong sats in the middle like 110 and 119, I have mine set to where I get Bev at 91, 110, 119, and 129 (we don't get anything on 129 yet but maybe some day) if they make HD STB's and include them in the channel list.

dale1010dog
10-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Ok im gonna remove the pan and check the pole for plum but it was good when I started. someone told me that the settings from satflex arent correct has anyone used that calculator and had correct settings. I will try again and check back for help thanks everyone.

Bowhunters
10-04-2010, 12:07 AM
I don't know anything about a "Satflex" site but this is the one I was talking about that I have used and it is close and will give you settings that will get you at least 'in the ballpark'.

.satlex.de/en/wavefrontier_calc.html

On the calculator I selected 91w (Bev) on the east end and 129w (Dishnet) on the west end and those two on each end of the bar were off slightly but what it had given me for the 110 and 119 LNB placements towards the center of the bar were pretty much right on the money so IMO the calculator is more accurate in the middle of the LNB bar than on the ends.

I still used a sat meter to make sure the LNB's are peaked.

If you don't understand what you are seeing for readings on that calculator then if you tell me nearest city where you live then I will run it and tell you what readings to use.

dale1010dog
10-04-2010, 02:10 AM
hi the satlex calculator is the one I use and I have same sats as you I set everything but still no signal did you skew the dish right away or after you got signal thanks..

Bowhunters
10-04-2010, 06:25 AM
You can watch tv on the very center (zero/0) LNB without setting the skew as it is located in the very center of the dish but you will definitely need to set skew for the LNB's as you go out on the LNB rail in each direction as they will be below or above the satellite belt and be out of alignment.

I would first set the dish elevation, then rotate the dish to the skew and then face the dish to the azimuth that it shows on the calculator for the center LNB or nearest the (0/Zero) position on the LNB rail.

For me here in Kansas using the calculator it has the 110w Dishnet LNB at the exact center (zero/0) spot on the LNB rail and it shows the azimuth for pointing the dish is right at 200 degrees and elevation at 44 degrees and the skew at 79 on the dish skew window.

I would set the 110w LNB and lock it down on the rail, set the elevation, skew and point the dish at the degrees azimuth it shows based on your location and get that one LNB locked in first watching tv and get the dish locked down to where you won't bump it off alignment. Then later after you get the dish completely locked down and watching tv on 110w then add the other LNB's.

If you still can't at least get the dishnet on 110w then you may have other problems like an STB issue or a hardware issue like a bad cable or maybe you have a tree in the way blocking the signal.

dale1010dog
10-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Ok im going to play with it later I know everything is good with cables and such as I just unhooked it from a smaller pan. my settings also call for 110 to be set at 0 im in alberta canada elevation says 29.97 and skew 90.47 I will check again but there has to be another problem maybe the lnb's are no good they are reverse polarity but bought this pan second hand so you never know... my lat is 52.39 and long is 114.94 im going to hit 91w furthest east sat and 129w furthest west with 119 and 110w inbetween..

Bowhunters
10-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Look at your LNB's, that dish can be used for watching Dishnet, True FTA and for Directv so you could have some of each of those three different types of LNB's so make sure you use the correct ones as the True FTA and Directv LNB's won't work for watching Bev91 or Dish at 110-119.

If you aren't sure what you have for LNB's then post the information (should have stickers) on them and maybe we can help you sort them out.

dale1010dog
10-05-2010, 02:32 AM
the guy that had it have them marked just with marker no other markings on them I tried all afternoon set the settings like the calculator said but nothing removed the pan and checked pole its plum I have no idea....from the lat and long I posted what settings are you getting maybe im missing something there even If I could hit 110 I would get it from there but nothing... Thanks again for the help

Bowhunters
10-05-2010, 05:01 AM
Wow, I couldn't help but notice all your readings are in red and all in (minus's), if you set the calculator for Kansas City Ks and you will see all settings will be in blue instead of being in red and (minus's) like your settings all are.

Elevation is in red at - (-32.89) Negative (-32.89)!!! - I think that is totaly wrong, I did some figuring and I would try aproximately +29 degrees elevation using the round elevation gauge, for me here the sat belt is at around 44 degrees and according to the figuring I did the sat belt should only be about 15degrees lower for you up there than it is here for me here. With the dish face pointing parralel to the ground place the elevation gauge on the back as it shows in that .pdf I posted before, I would start at +29 degrees and work slowly downward in elevation with that Dishnet LNB at 0/zero on the LNB rail running on a signal meter and slowly swinging it from South to SE and as you slowly go down in elevation you should start seeing sats on the meter. You will still need to find the 110w Dishnet sat SSE of your location.
Skew is (EAST) so you need to rotate the dish face angle to the 'Left' to 113.78 on the skew window so the LNB bar and dish are slanted dwn to the left.
Azimuth for the dish is 157.8 magnetic so the dish face will be pointing SSE.

Thats with the 110w dishnet LNB at 0 (center) of the LNB rail.

91w is at L-17.9 on the bar
110w is 0/zero on the bar
119w is at R-6.5 - the calculator is screwed up as it says Left
129w is at R-13.2 - screwed up same as above as it says left but it should say right

91, 119 and 129 may not be right on the rail position but they are where I would start after you get 110 working.

I definitely see what you mean by the Calculator being messed up for you, I don't know why but its pretty accurate for me down here in the U.S.

dale1010dog
10-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Ok another day lets try again first sorry my mistake my long is -114.94 I forgot the - this puts settings in blue and elevation at 29.97 however no luck I tried for an hour yesturday up down and all around but no luck with 110 at 0 I will attempt it again today thanks again for the help. I only have the three lnb's and they are RP I will check back later and post thanks.. so just to get on track my lat is 52.39 and long is -114.94

Bowhunters
10-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Hahahaha, yeah that does make a difference.

Since in my own calculation the elevation was probably around 29 degrees that 29.97 is most likely accurate.

What sat finder are you using?

If it has a battery and you are using that I would suggest using the power from the STB that feeds the LNB through the coax.

dale1010dog
10-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Im using a old DN receiver it works I tried it with my other pan it also tells you what sat your hitting so works prety good for this.. tried again today no luck... thanks

Bowhunters
10-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Maybe post a pic or two of the dish and maybe I will see something wrong.

You could also try asking around at work or the neighbors and see if anyone there has put up their own dish (even a big BUD) C-band guy will likely know enough to help you and maybe they will have a real electronic sat finder and round elevation gauge they will loan to you if you don't have those.

You could search for weeks going back and forth outside and inside to the tv everytime you make an adjustment just using an STB/receiver for finding the sats, I would hope that you at least have a small tv and extension cord so you can have the tv and receiver running right next to the dish if you are doing it without a real sat finder.

Another reason you really need to use a real sat finder is that they are generally more sensitive, a receiver may allow you to 'ballpark' the dish and LNB's so that you get tv in nice weather but you may lose the signal during storms (rain fade or snow fade or thick clouds) because they don't tend to be as accurate/sensitive to peak the dish and LNB's.

Thats one negative to this dish, you not only need to peak the dish but also move the LNB's to peak them as well, the big dish is nice though as it does tend to reflect a lot of the signal.

dale1010dog
10-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi I have small tv on the roof with me the DN receiver picks signal right away and Ive hooked up many pans before big and small. I have never installed one with this reflector though. I have a digital angle finder thaat is very accurate, and has magnet on bottom so it sticks on there very nicely. I can hold my smaller pan in my hand and hit every sat it doesnt make sence Im sure its gotta be bad lnb's can I use a regular lnb off my other pan will it work to test thanks.

Terryl
10-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular LNB's wont work on a T-90 dish.

dale1010dog
10-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I didnt think so I have tried everything but no luck I am out of ideas seems hard to think three lnbs bad but with the size of this pan I should hit something.. will try again later thanks everyone..

Bowhunters
10-06-2010, 10:38 PM
I didnt think so I have tried everything but no luck I am out of ideas seems hard to think three lnbs bad but with the size of this pan I should hit something.. will try again later thanks everyone..

I agree the odds are low that all three would be bad unless perhaps they were all connected on the dish at the previous owner's house and it got hit by lightning or a huge power spike.

As you may already know you can ruin an LNB by connecting the coax with the receiver connected and already powered up at the other end so its possible they can be sensitive to hits by voltage spikes, etc.

Other than that I just don't know how that could happen.

Good Luck!

FYI !!! - I just did a search on Ebay and there are two used reversed Dishnet LNB's on one sale there for $25.99 that the seller garantees still work. The seller has 100% positive feedback so thats a good sign. 12.2 - 12.7 should work for Dishnet and Bev.

Sadoun is probably the cheapest if you want to buy new.

dale1010dog
10-07-2010, 02:48 AM
ok thanks I will try again tomorrow maybe im just missing it. thanks again for all the help