PDA

View Full Version : openbox hd fta reciever /sathawk

getittv
10-06-2010, 04:13 PM
good points of the openbox fta reciever using a 12 foot big dish c/ku

good fast blind scan ac3 autio works though the red /white cable no specal gizmoz the dvb s2 channels come in lots of new channels that ive never seen before on any boxes i tested lots of radio stations ive never picked up

bad points

I cant get the cw channels to come in cant get fox news or net geo my cw 800 brings these channels in cant inter the video pod or autio pod like i can on the cw 800 some of the dvb s2 channels freeze the channels double up doesnt have a survo motor hookup but over all a good box i would get anoughter and worth the money and i am going to hook up a motor and a 33 inch wingate with a sadoun lnb with motor in a few days let you all know how that works out

getittv
10-09-2010, 06:11 PM
right out of the box

Motor doesnt work it stays on amc 9 intered my long and lat and nothing hooked my cw800 up intered my long and lat and it hit every sat for the motor this openbox reciever sucks ,, this openbox remote reminds of the skyview reciever remote and you cant add sats and it takes a few secs for the openbox reciever to warm up the open box is good for c band channels

Costactc
10-10-2010, 11:02 AM
I've never liked to combine my big dish with usals or diseqc. I've always used a stand alone positioner with my dish. I've heard good things about the vbox 10, I use a Ap 3500 pansat positioner.

andyb2
10-11-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm thinkin of buyin one.$200 for an HD reciever is cheap/Be better if it did 422 but.....Mike at amazing electronics told me he would get me one for 200 when he came to my house and dropped off my UHF antennae Friday.Thinkin I may get one but need to email the people who make them and se if 422 will come about.

Send me a PM if anyone wants one.I may get a deal on bulk

breezelow
11-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Openbox hd new units sell for $150 (includes shipping) on ebay.

What support files is it compatable with or is that brand support specifically? It has built in ethernet, how about built in 8psk capability (tuner), is that and extra cost add-on?

If it passes muster on those points it appears to be excellant and lowest HDTV option.

The VS MAXHD is the next best deal found anywhere at about $300 complete ready to receive sat signals.

Gold
11-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Openbox hd new units sell for $150 (includes shipping) on ebay.

What support files is it compatable with or is that brand support specifically? It has built in ethernet, how about built in 8psk capability (tuner), is that and extra cost add-on?

If it passes muster on those points it appears to be excellant and lowest HDTV option.

The VS MAXHD is the next best deal found anywhere at about $300 complete ready to receive sat signals.

The VS MaxHD can't receive S2, or Blind scan...Can it?:noidea:

satchick
11-15-2010, 08:47 PM
The VS MaxHD isn't such a great buy without DVB-S2, 4:2:2, or blind scan...

The latest AZbox will do all three, and except for a power supply issue with some of them, there haven't been any serious issues reported (and, since the power supply is an external brick, Rick's is making replacements available). I think the AZbox premium plus is $385... The AZbox Ultra is $300 but doesn't have a front panel channel display.

I do believe all HD receivers will tune 8PSK.... They won't do Turbo-FEC 8PSK, which DN uses, but that's not really an issue since only DN uses that system and it's all encrypted anyways. You don't need an add-on board for the legal stuff.......

Yhamha
11-15-2010, 08:55 PM
right out of the box

Motor doesnt work it stays on amc 9 intered my long and lat and nothing hooked my cw800 up intered my long and lat and it hit every sat for the motor this openbox reciever sucks ,, this openbox remote reminds of the skyview reciever remote and you cant add sats and it takes a few secs for the openbox reciever to warm up the open box is good for c band channels

What you expect for that cheap receiver, you should have gotten a SatHauk or Pane-sat.I've heard people say good things of that Openbox at other site which sells it too,they say that they sell it with upgraded software,maybe is what you need some other factory file.i also have CWorks800 that lately has been running the motor very well with 1,2 diseqc, gave me some trouble with Usuals and than later with 1.2 diseqc but for the last few months it's been great,

Gold
11-15-2010, 10:33 PM
What you expect for that cheap receiver, you should have gotten a SatHauk or Pane-sat.I've heard people say good things of that Openbox at other site which sells it too,they say that they sell it with upgraded software,maybe is what you need some other factory file.i also have CWorks800 that lately has been running the motor very well with 1,2 diseqc, gave me some trouble with Usuals and than later with 1.2 diseqc but for the last few months it's been great,

Pansat 9200 is a very good receiver, but correct me if I'm wrong...I don't think they blind scan S2 either.

satchick
11-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Only with the DVB-S2 Plus add-on card. No 4:2:2 though...

Costactc
11-16-2010, 12:34 AM
The VS MaxHD isn't such a great buy without DVB-S2, 4:2:2, or blind scan...

The latest AZbox will do all three, and except for a power supply issue with some of them, there haven't been any serious issues reported (and, since the power supply is an external brick, Rick's is making replacements available). I think the AZbox premium plus is $385... The AZbox Ultra is $300 but doesn't have a front panel channel display.

I do believe all HD receivers will tune 8PSK.... They won't do Turbo-FEC 8PSK, which DN uses, but that's not really an issue since only DN uses that system and it's all encrypted anyways. You don't need an add-on board for the legal stuff.......

Power supply issue was resolved a couple of months ago.