PDA

View Full Version : Digicipher 2 ? Galaxy 3C - Horse racing networks

Stu Gots
10-06-2010, 01:44 AM
You can receive all 60 horse racing channels on 95w Galaxy3C,with any stb.

I wish to thank you for your response. I will put up another dish and dust off one of my many "door stops", lol. I will report back and let you know how it goes.

Thank you so much again

Regards

Stu:yeaah:

Stu Gots
10-11-2010, 03:28 AM
Hello Mr Hanky:

I have done a bit of reading and it seems that this satellite broadcasts it signal encrypted with something referred to as Digicipher 2. What brand stb can I use then to receive these racing stations ? Are keys also required to receive these broadcasts ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards

Stu :yeaah:

torpainter
10-11-2010, 11:00 AM
I have moved your thread here so you will get more help
As Mr hanky states any stb will get those channels
Different hardware is needed for true fta
what kind of lnb are you using for Galaxy3?

Gold
10-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Hello Mr Hanky:

I have done a bit of reading and it seems that this satellite broadcasts it signal encrypted with something referred to as Digicipher 2. What brand stb can I use then to receive these racing stations ? Are keys also required to receive these broadcasts ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards

Stu :yeaah:

Digicipher, PowerVu, PowerVu+ can't be viewed except for with a subscription, & then only certain packages are available.

Most DVB-S, DVB-S2, & a lot of 4:2:2, with the letter "F" by them @ (Lyngsat) are open to standard & "certain" HD receivers

The ones you are referring to on G3C (11811 H 20000) are only ITC for a few times out of the year, if my memory serves me correct. It seems to me that I remember horse racing on Amazonas 1 or Intelsat 9...

It's odd even the radio on G3C is coming in encrypted

Stu Gots
10-12-2010, 01:49 PM
I have moved your thread here so you will get more help
As Mr hanky states any stb will get those channels
Different hardware is needed for true fta
what kind of lnb are you using for Galaxy3?

Good morning Torpainter;

Thank you for your assistance. I am presently using a circular lnb. "Patch", another member here, was kind enough to inform me that a 30" diameter dish or larger would be required in addition to a linear lnb. I will shop around and see what I can find. I hope that they are viewable after all that, lol !

Thank you all again

Stu :thumbsup:

torpainter
10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Gold knows a heck of a lot more about true fta than I do I was only asuming the earlier statement you quoted about any stb getting those channels was true

secheltpaul
10-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Just had a look and nothing is in the clear for RTN. Personally I have never seen them open. The others are open like CCTV.
I use a 36’’ dish with a standard lineal LNBF others use a universal LNBF.

Gold
10-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Just had a look and nothing is in the clear for RTN. Personally I have never seen them open. The others are open like CCTV.
I use a 36’’ dish with a standard lineal LNBF others use a universal LNBF.

I've seen them ITC 3 or 4 times a year, but not for very long...Maybe for just a few days at a time.:noidea: My wife likes horse racing & I use to search for her, but then she was always busy doing other things, so I just forgot until this thread came up.

Good morning Torpainter;

Thank you for your assistance. I am presently using a circular lnb. "Patch", another member here, was kind enough to inform me that a 30" diameter dish or larger would be required in addition to a linear lnb. I will shop around and see what I can find. I hope that they are viewable after all that, lol !

Thank you all again

Stu :thumbsup:

A 30" is bare minimum IMHO
A super duper Linear LNBF is a DMX522, or DMX521...The 522 has dual outputs

It seems like I have also seen horse racing regularly on AMC 1 @ 103 C 3915 H RFD TV. (Big Ugly Dish required)

Gold knows a heck of a lot more about true fta than I do I was only asuming the earlier statement you quoted about any stb getting those channels was true
I hope I told the truth:tehe::tehe: hehehe
Costa will be on me like stink on a skunk if I purposefully told a lie :grr:

jvvh5897
10-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Lyngsat says that the RTN TPs are largely encrypted with Nagra--I seem to recall that they used to manually enter keys to allow decrypt on the chs that are Nagra with modded bins for particular boxes. But I also see a few of the channels on the TP are in-the-clear so you could test your setup for pointing and box function.

I've also heard that RTN was leaving the bird. Might be rumor, might have happened for all I know.

jvvh5897
10-14-2010, 07:56 PM
I checked where I saw that RTN was leaving 95W and the post says Oct 31 is when it should happen.

Terryl
10-14-2010, 08:05 PM
RTN is going over to channels available through Dish, once all their paying customers have been setup with dish receivers they will shutdown broadcasting on 95W, they say they will on Oct 31 but who knows.