PDA

View Full Version : Georges St-Pierre says he will KO Josh Koscheck!

KIDWCKED
10-13-2010, 11:58 PM
c/p from foxsports.
Written by Tom Ngo
October 12th, 2010
Help 5thRound.com spread the word

Despite compiling a dominant 20-2 professional record en route to becoming the baddest welterweight on the planet, Georges St-Pierre has received plenty of criticism for his inability to finish off his opponents. While he acknowledges that posting highlight-reel endings are a must, he’s also quick to point out he’s been executing his game plans to absolute perfection.

“I have a lot of critics from my last fight. I understand the critics, but the way I fight is that I always go after my opponents’ weaknesses,” St-Pierre stated during Tuesday’s UFC 124 press conference. “The reason I’m champion today is not because I’m the strongest guy or the fastest guy or more athletic. It’s not because I’m the better wrestler or striker or submission guy. There are guys out there who are much better than me at everything.

“The reason I’m champion is because I always have a way to bring the fight where I am the strongest. That’s the way I fight.”

Despite manhandling Dan Hardy at UFC 111 to collect his seventh consecutive victory, the win also marked GSP’s second straight unanimous decision over a significant underdog. The 29-year-old’s inability to provide jaw-dropping finishes has drawn the ire of fans, who are complaining that his predictable game has turned borderline “boring.”

“I care about winning, but I also care about how I win. I’m not happy about what happened in my last fight,” St-Pierre shared. “I had a great opponent in Dan Hardy and I was not able to seal the deal. I know what I did wrong, and I’m the kind of guy who will never make the same mistake twice. If I see that position again, I will finish the fight. If he doesn’t tap, his limb will break.

“I’m going into the fight to win by knockout or submission. I want to take him out and I want to finish the fight. I’m not happy with a decision. Last time it was a decision, this time I’m going to take him out.”

zoogor
10-14-2010, 09:03 AM
take it to the bank. gsp will do what he says he'll do. personally, i'd rather see a submission than a ko. that means you got your opponent in a position where he cant continue but he's still conscious to make the decision.
GSP-simply the best.

tomboy
11-23-2010, 03:35 AM
I am a big fan of GSP too. I would think one of the reasons he is such a great player is his respect for others. He doesn't take anything away from his opponents until they enter the cage with him. Then it's down to business.
I agree, if GSP says he is going to do something, he will do it, or at least try his very best.
He is a great Canadian athelete, doing what he knows best...fighting.
Go GSP!!