PDA

View Full Version : Say a little something for my boy please.

FTA
10-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Today at school my 4 year old had a 7 foot fall directly onto his head... things seem to be ok for now..other then a severe concussion and compressed disks in his neck and back he is recovering at the moment in the hospital ... i need all the help i can get with this one to hope everything turns out ... thanks a lot to all of you

khoifish89
10-15-2010, 12:12 AM
my prayer goes out for you and your family. hope for a speedy recovery and no major brain and spine injury.

chickenman
10-15-2010, 12:13 AM
I hope it all works out for your young fella. You are in my prayers

jerryc
10-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Ower thoughts and prayers are with your family

freddydog1
10-15-2010, 12:30 AM
thoughts and prayers are with ya

luna7
10-15-2010, 12:34 AM
wow fta all the best to the little one hope he has a speedy recovery god bless him and your family you are in my prayers.

Gold
10-15-2010, 12:35 AM
I will keep your family in my thoughts & prayers. Stay strong your family needs you

chuck
10-15-2010, 12:36 AM
poor little guy...i hope your son gets better fast.

FTA
10-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Thanks everyone i just got back from the hospital... he is going to be fine... but he will be staying there for a few days none the less. i appreciate everything .. i am not much of a god fearing man .. but when this kind of thing happens you become religious fast :)

mclovin
10-15-2010, 12:43 AM
Sorry to hear that FTA all my best to your son and your family

jazzman
10-15-2010, 12:43 AM
My prayers go out to your son but at that age they tend to bounce back quick so I hope that is the case.

Gamer
10-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Hope your son gets better Fta.I will have him in my prayers for a fast recovery.

JCO
10-15-2010, 01:20 AM
Hope he gets well fast, keep an eye on him after the release from the hospital, concusions have a way of having aftereffects..Its going to be tough keeping the little one from banging his head again in the next few months..

FTA
10-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Hope he gets well fast, keep an eye on him after the release from the hospital, concusions have a way of having aftereffects..Its going to be tough keeping the little one from banging his head again in the next few months..

Well they told me he is not allowed to do basically anythign .. it is not the initial concussion but what can come afterward.. kinda liek a tremor.. no tv no computer and no school for a week ... how do you occupy a 4 year old without being able to use any of the tools that is is so used to using ...

JCO
10-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Another bang on an already bruised brain is a very bad thing, get him to wear a a helmet so he doesnt bang his nogin again.. As for occupying him card games, and books are old school but work great..

FTA
10-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Another bang on an already bruised brain is a very bad thing, get him to wear a a helmet so he doesnt bang his nogin again.. As for occupying him card games, and books are old school but work great..

The doctor said anythign that requires any type of concentration is a no go ... or anythign that can frustrate him or anything.. he i ssuposed to lay down and not move for a week .. lol i knwo this is not feasable but it is what they told me . i appreciate the advice tho dont get me wrong.

JCO
10-15-2010, 01:33 AM
The doctor said anythign that requires any type of concentration is a no go ... or anythign that can frustrate him or anything.. he i ssuposed to lay down and not move for a week .. lol i knwo this is not feasable but it is what they told me . i appreciate the advice tho dont get me wrong.

Doc is right, gotta distract him somehow, reading him short stories and getting him relax is the key..Gotta give his bruised brain time to recover ..

FTA
10-15-2010, 01:35 AM
oh i know ... but he also has a compressed disk in his back and neck too .. nothing internal .. and for that i am thank full . this could have been ALOT worse then it is

JCO
10-15-2010, 01:37 AM
There a lot tougher than we imagine at that age.. Take time off and spend it with him, it will be good for both of you..:thumbsup:

dishdude714
10-15-2010, 02:05 AM
My thoughts ansd prayers are with you and your boy FTA

lpinoy
10-15-2010, 02:45 AM
I Wish him with all the best..

WillDekkard
10-15-2010, 05:44 AM
Today at school my 4 year old had a 7 foot fall directly onto his head... things seem to be ok for now..other then a severe concussion and compressed disks in his neck and back he is recovering at the moment in the hospital ... i need all the help i can get with this one to hope everything turns out ... thanks a lot to all of you

Hi FTA, I have a 4 year old boy as well, so I know how careless they can be, but I also know how much I fear and pray nothing bad should happen to him. So as a father like yourself my thoughts and prayers are with your son and hope and pray all is well with your little boy.

zoogor
10-15-2010, 10:09 AM
i am not much of a god fearing man .. but when this kind of thing happens you become religious fast :)

believe me, he is there. glad your boy is doing ok. i got kids of my own, i know how this kind of stuff can be.
take care and God bless.

jainplane
10-15-2010, 10:29 AM
sorry to hear of your son's mishap FTA. he is in my prayers for a full and speedy recovery.

panman zaa
10-15-2010, 11:12 AM
so sorry but thanks to god for the outcome.

HammerSet
10-15-2010, 11:24 AM
the body is a marvelous machine

it get health by himself

his brain is surely in auto protection mode, to help heal faster

i hope the best for him and your family

harryb
10-15-2010, 11:58 AM
My prayers for a speedy recovery.

Bigpineguy Retired
10-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Glad to hear that he is doing okay FTA, you will certainly have your hands full keeping him happy without t.v. , Reading to him will help. Wish him the very best .

BPG~

swanone
10-15-2010, 12:33 PM
praying for a fast recovery

Fibroso
10-15-2010, 01:42 PM
He'll be ok, you'll see. My mother used to say kids are made of rubber. Just stay focus to his recovery and don't let this happen again. God bless him.

no-one
10-15-2010, 01:47 PM
prayers and well wishes to you and your family so that your beautiful boy will be ok again real soon.... Please dont rush the healing cause it takes time .. reassure him that this is temporary and he will be able to play again real soon..soft pillows and a tv close by to watch ...gonna be tough on you as the care giver ....baby steps ...positive vibes to you to give you the strength to get through your tough times ......

FTA
10-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Well i just brought him home .. and he is running around liek nothing happened... go figure.. thanks everyone .. i am sure he is goign to be fine now..

freddydog1
10-15-2010, 02:01 PM
thats great,,good to hear

Gold
10-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Truly, great news FTA:yes:

rickw
10-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Good to hear he is doing well FTA..We at my house will pray for his continued recovery..

wes block
10-15-2010, 04:59 PM
We wish you guys all the very best for a quick and immediate recovery. hopefully we all here can provide a little reading and some entertainment to help with a little distraction when needed.

whiteheather
10-15-2010, 07:04 PM
A terrible accident for sure, be with your son, and do for him, kids are so ressilliant today and I am sure in a few days he will bounce back, trying to keep an eye on him, is a job in it'self, be patient, and be there........all will be well...................W/H

Maddog0065
10-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Well i just brought him home .. and he is running around liek nothing happened... go figure.. thanks everyone .. i am sure he is goign to be fine now..

Glad all is well... I almost lost my son to ecoli when he was 2...he is now 22 but still has the effects of some kidney issues...

Reason I say that FTA...he will forget the incident, but you and mrs will not and you will think of it every time you look at him... God Bless Bro...Glad all is well...

Regards,
Maddog

Fibroso
10-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Told ya, they are made of rubber. Take good care of him. He 's a "Jumper".:yes:

pupp1977
10-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Hope your little guy is doing ok. You always feel so helpless when there is nothing you can do to make them feel better. get him some sticker and coloring books, hot wheels and a city mat, and ice cream always makes them feel better, lol. Hope he is ok and stays in good condition in the next few weeks till he is cleared to do all the stuff he loves. My family will be hoping the best for you and your son.

FTA
10-15-2010, 10:13 PM
He is running around like nothing happened.. until something hits his back or he becomes clumsy and falls or something .. but essentially not a scratch on him! we were very lucky a fall that large onto the head COULD have been a lot worse then it turned out being ... Thank you all for your support.. it is much appreciated.

Costactc
10-15-2010, 10:16 PM
Awesome news fta, funny how kids get over anything as if nothing happened. Glad to hear your son is fine.:thumbsup:

felix001
10-15-2010, 10:17 PM
our prayers are with you & your son & family,,I hope he makes a full recovery & live a long healthy life!!!

pilo53
10-16-2010, 09:28 AM
God speed brodita

nada233
10-16-2010, 05:47 PM
my thoughts and prayers are with you fta,I be praying all turns out well .

The Cobra
10-16-2010, 10:32 PM
All the best from my family to yours FTA------the good thing about little kids is they they are pliable to some extent and can recover from falls etc that would break us oldies into little pieces. LOL. I`m sure he`ll be fine and on his road to a complete recovery before you know it----and then he`ll be back to doing all those poor judgment things that boys do.

Snakeyes1840
10-17-2010, 01:50 AM
FTA , its been a while since I have said HI , sorry to hear about the Little guy , I know if anything was to happen to my 5 yr old I would be devastated , Kids have a resiliency to bounce back from trauma faster that Adults ( thank God ) , I do hope he is getting better with each day , wishing you and your family the best old friend ,( I'll contact you sometime )

johnny cash
10-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Hope everything is well FTA, as my thoughts and prayers goes out to your family. God bless the lord as he looks out over each and everyone, to you and your family be safe and take care my friend!