PDA

View Full Version : restore hard drive

toms61
10-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I have an older Compaq pc, and what I would like to know, is there a way to restore the hard drive to the way it was when we brought it hame from the store? I would like to take it back to where it just has windows on it and thats all. For some reason I don't have any restore disc. I don't know if I lost it or never had one.....................
Thanks for any and all help

ft@t@lk™
10-23-2010, 01:33 PM
you need a copy of Windows XP CD to restore it back to factory....either buy it or download it

santana007
10-26-2010, 02:38 PM
I have an older Compaq pc, and what I would like to know, is there a way to restore the hard drive to the way it was when we brought it hame from the store? I would like to take it back to where it just has windows on it and thats all. For some reason I don't have any restore disc. I don't know if I lost it or never had one.....................
Thanks for any and all help

You might be able to purchase the original restore disks from Compaq. HP sells Compaq now. I guess this would depend on the age of the computer. Factory built computers nowadays have a restore partition on the hard drive. I don't suppose one exists on your system? These brand name machines always seem to have proprietary software and drivers which is pain in the you know where.

h_d
10-31-2010, 07:25 PM
Actually I have Compaqs and ALL of them have the restore feature if push F11 while the computer is booting up and will let you go back to original settings it was purchased with.