PDA

View Full Version : LNB Problem?

Anthro441
10-25-2010, 03:28 PM
I think I may have an LNB issue. I can get all 110 channels, and some 119, but not all. Sonicview and CNX boxes both have same issue, same channels missing on both boxes. Do I have a bad lnb?

StanW
10-25-2010, 03:45 PM
What type of lnb is it ? One dish or multiple ? S/Q on 110 and 119 ?

Mavrick
10-25-2010, 09:54 PM
If the same channels are missing on both receivers, check the Q reading on the TP's that those channels are on. If the same TP's are also low on both receivers it could just be an aiming issue or your LNB could have drifted off freq on those TP's.

If using a switch, bypass it with a barrell-connector and test again, If all channel show-up when connected directly to the receiver then it could be a bad switch.

Bowhunters
10-26-2010, 04:49 AM
I had an LNB that did that same thing, it got most channels with very high S and Q but some channels were missing and they all belonged to the same TP, when I checked the signal and quality reading on that TP the S or Q display was 'Grayed out'.

I replaced the LNB with a new one of the same brand and rating and then on that TP the S and Q reading was colored with the same high readings and all the channels came back and I didn't even have to do a rescan.

So it may be as Mavrick says that your LNB is very old and is drifting off.

Terryl
10-26-2010, 06:25 AM
I think I may have an LNB issue. I can get all 110 channels, and some 119, but not all. Sonicview and CNX boxes both have same issue, same channels missing on both boxes. Do I have a bad lnb?

Maker and type of LNB(s) would help us help you faster, you say you receiving the satellites at 110W and 119W, do you have 2 single dual LNB's form some other manufacture then DN or a twin LNB from DN?

This information will help us determine the problem faster.