PDA

View Full Version : Laptop No Power On

havenlyskyhigh
11-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi guys....

I need the information or what going on with my Toshiba Labtop.
Afew days ago, I watched movie on Laptop and the power was off completely
can not star up.
I checked the battery and cord if it has any problem (say) my cord get bad so the battery will power on computer but this is completely dead. I left acouple hours off and then day it stilled do no good.

Any Idea will be greatfull.

Bigpineguy Retired
11-06-2010, 03:41 PM
More info would help, Model #... does any light come on and then off ?

BPG~

havenlyskyhigh
11-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Toshiba, Saterlite M45-s2692
Model # psm42u-019006

Completly dead nothing that I can get the power on not even any botton path.

Bigpineguy Retired
11-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Still looking, hopefully someone else with one of these will chime in..

So far, I am seeing that the power adapter plug ( on the laptop ) can go bad, but I think that it should still run on battery power, Try and take the battery out, and then put it back in..

BPG~

JCO
11-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Hi guys....

I need the information or what going on with my Toshiba Labtop.
Afew days ago, I watched movie on Laptop and the power was off completely
can not star up.
I checked the battery and cord if it has any problem (say) my cord get bad so the battery will power on computer but this is completely dead. I left acouple off and then day it stilled do no good.

Any Idea will be greatfull.

Sounds to me your ac adapter is dead, check to see if your getting any voltage out of it, you may be able to repair the frayed cord or just get a generic ac adapter for about 50$
If your adapter is no longer good and the battery is dead( which can be checked with a volt meter) It will never power up..

FTA
11-06-2010, 04:18 PM
i had a similar problem with a dell ... power cord was gettinig voltage all the way to the end.. turned out someone set the fan on some liquid and fried the inside ... i gues the fan sucked up some of the liquid.. i pitched it :)

timc1
11-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Sounds to me your ac adapter is dead, check to see if your getting any voltage out of it, you may be able to repair the frayed cord or just get a generic ac adapter for about 50$
If your adapter is no longer good and the battery is dead( which can be checked with a volt meter) It will never power up..I had many Toshiba's and a few had this problem and my personal one would do it every few months.They only think that worked for me was to unplug it and leave the battery out of it for a day or so another option is,is to unplug it leave the battery out of it and hold down the power button for a bit.I have come across Acer's that done the samething.But of course if the adapter is no good then there's the problem and he could just use a meter to check it or simply use a automotive test light but just touch it quick to see if it lights up because if held on to long it might blow the bulb.I believe most Toshiba's are 20 volts.

havenlyskyhigh
11-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I did took battery in and out plus push it hard knock to the battery wall. I chuck cable back and ward adopter it stilled do no power.

timc1
11-06-2010, 04:50 PM
I did took battery in and out plus push it hard knock to the battery wall. I chuck cable back and ward adopter it stilled do no power.How long did you leave the battery out? and this part i don't understand are you saying the adapter has power?(I chuck cable back and ward adopter it stilled do no power)

havenlyskyhigh
11-06-2010, 05:36 PM
See, sometime the adapter causing the battery won't charge through the battery laptop chuckle abit it'll show charging.

the2ndman
11-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Need to re-solder the power jack to motherboard.
Take it to a tech.GL

Terryl
11-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Things to do: <br />
<br />
1. You need to check the power adapter to see if it is putting out a DC voltage, use a DVM (Borrow one, buy one or have a friend check it for you) to see if it is working. <br />
<br />
2. The...

havenlyskyhigh
11-06-2010, 08:22 PM
I'll going to buy meter check this sunday then let all your know if the adapter bad or not.

JCO
11-06-2010, 08:25 PM
I'll going to buy meter check this sunday then let all your know if the adapter bad or not.

thats the first thing to check..:thumbsup:

junkcollector
11-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Have you tried to power up the computer without the battery installed? I had a Toshiba that would not start with battery installed. I guess the battery was so dead it overheated the charging circuit, new battery and all was OK.

tester2
11-08-2010, 01:38 AM
my openion remove hdd and connect another hdd then see is there any thing written on screen after power up. if still black screen then may be some thing blow out, you have to send to repair.

81infla
11-08-2010, 01:32 PM
prior to it not working , did u get any beeps. like fan /unit over heating.
any word on wether it worked with battery out of it and plugged into wall.
when u hit the button to turn on does it show any signs of light.

havenlyskyhigh
11-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Hey I borrow meter from afriend test it seem show no power maybe adapter was bad I hope no farther than this.

I order new adapter from the bay caused me $ 9.50 I hope my Lapter will wakeup again.

havenlyskyhigh
11-08-2010, 08:56 PM
prior to it not working , did u get any beeps. like fan /unit over heating.
any word on wether it worked with battery out of it and plugged into wall.
when u hit the button to turn on does it show any signs of light.

I got my fan not working, so compt. shutoff by itself a few times when I was vaccum it.

Non of those you decribed was show the warning.

budsy47
11-13-2010, 04:23 PM
I got my fan not working, so compt. shutoff by itself a few times when I was vaccum it.

Non of those you decribed was show the warning.

You really should not use a vacum ...static can build on the hose...get a can of air and blow both ways thru the air vent. Toshibas and others can have a couple of problems.....heat. If the unit get hot and heats up...right by the power adaptor on the motherboard is a large solder point that separates from the MB...needs to be resoldered. Next...there is a fuse on the MB..again right by the power in adaptor...may be blown...last if power adaptor is good then check for cracked or poor solder points on the MB right at the power in jack....very common problem, not hard to fix....just make sure you are very confident of your soldering skills...use silver solder. Lots of people chuck the laptop when this happens...fix is fairly simple but costs a couple of hundred..mostly labor to take apart and re-assemble.